Author Topic: Calendar  (Read 1794 times)

Offline linklord231

• Honorary Mod
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
Calendar
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:08:25 AM »
Time
Although many calendars exist among the peoples of the Inner Sea, the one in widest use employs Absalom Reckoning (ar) for all of its dates. This reckoning system is based on the foundation of Absalom (which occurred on 1 Abadius, 1 ar), and because of Absalom’s expansive influence, the city’s calendar has achieved great popularity throughout the region. In Absalom Reckoning, the day of the month is always given first, followed by the name or number of the month, with the year coming last. Golarion spins on its axis roughly once every 24 hours. A week consists of 7 days, with 52 weeks per year. A year has 12 months, each of which corresponds to a popular deity and (roughly) to a single cycle of Golarion’s sole moon. In order to most accurately ref lect reality, many calendars across Golarion add in leap days. In the Absalom Reckoning, the leap day is tacked on to the end of Calistril and occurs on every year divisible by 8. Thus, the current year (4711) is not a leap year, but 4704 was and 4712 will be.

Days of the Week
Day                    Task
Moonday            Work, religion (night)
Toilday               Work
Wealday            Work
Oathday            Work, pacts signed, oaths sworn
Fireday              Work, market day
Starday             Work
Sunday              Rest, religion

Months of the Year
Month                            Days                Season                  Associated Deity
Abadius (January)         31                    Winter                   Abadar
Calistril (February)        28                    Winter                   Calistria
Pharast (March)            31                    Spring                    Pharasma
Gozran (April)               30                    Spring                    Gozreh
Desnus (May)               31                    Spring                    Desna
Sarenith (June)            30                    Summer                  Sarenrae
Erastus (July)               31                    Summer                  Erastil
Arodus (August)           31                    Summer                 Aroden
Rova (September)        30                    Fall                        Rovagug
Lamashan (October)    31                    Fall                        Lamashtu
Neth (November)         30                    Fall                        Nethys
Kuthona (December)   31                    Winter                   Zon-Kuthon

Edit:  Well, my spacebar-made tables look like they were created by a drunken monkey.  If anyone knows how to properly format them, that would be pretty cool. 
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
Re: Calendar
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:47:52 AM »
Days of the Week
DayTasks
MoondayWork, Religion (Night)
ToildayWork
WealdayWork
OathdayWork, pacts signed, oaths sworn