Author Topic: Deinonychus  (Read 4050 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Deinonychus
« on: July 08, 2015, 07:58:22 AM »
Deinonychus, Awakened

DeinonychusHD: d12

Level
Base
Attack
Bonus
+1
+2
+3

Fort
Save
+2
+3
+3

Ref
Save
+2
+3
+3

Will
Save
+0
+0
+1

Special
Deinonychus Body, Pack Predator, Scent, +1 Str, +1 Con
Skilled Predator, Fast Hunter, +1 Str, +1 Con
Pounce, Prey Restraint, Fast Hunter, +1 Str, +1 Con

Skills: 2+Int mod, quadruple at first level, Class Skills are Balance, Climb, Intimidate, Listen, Sense Motive, Survival, Spot and Swim.

Proficiencies: its natural weapons only.

Deinonychus Body: The Deinonychus loses all of its previous racial traits and instead gains animal traits (basically low-light vision). It is a medium sized animal with base speed of 40 feet. It has a Talons primary natural attack dealing 1d8+Str mod damage, two foreclaws secondary natural attacks dealing 1d3+1/2 Str damage each and a bite natural attack dealing 2d4+1/2 Str damage each. It has no limbs capable of fine manipulation.

In addition it gains a bonus to its Natural Armor equal to 1+its Con mod.

Pack Predator: A Deinonychus may attack with both its foreclaws as a standard action with no penalty and with its talons as a Swift action as long as its target is flanked.

Scent: A Deinonychus has the Scent extraordinary ability.

Ability Score Increase:
The Deinonychus gains +1 Str and +1 Con at each level for a total of +3 Str and +3 Con at 3rd level.

Fast Hunter: At 2nd and 3rd levels the Deinonychus gains a +10 feet bonus to its movement speed.

Skilled Predator: At 2nd level the Deinonychus gains a racial bonus on Hide, Jump, Listen, Spot, and Survival checks equal to its Deinonychus level+Con mod.

Pounce: At 3rd level if a Deinonychus charges, it can make a full attack.

Prey Restraint: At 3rd level if the Deinonychus hits an opponent with either of its natural attacks, it can choose to latch onto their back. The Deinonychus weight (normally about 600 pounds) counts towards the carrying capacity of the victim but otherwise they're not restrained in any way. Wherever the victim moves, the Deinonychus goes along, although they can choose to let go at any moment. The Deinonychus gains a +4 racial bonus to AC, saves and attack rolls against the victim while latched into it. It can only be removed by being pulled out with an opposed Str check by an adjacent creature, or if killed. The Deinonychus cannot latch into more than one creature at a time.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:45:26 AM by oslecamo »

Offline InfiniteNothing

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Deinonychus
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 09:02:16 AM »
Um, question.  The bonus from Skilled Predator, do you mean class level or character level when talking about the bonus?

Also, I'm not sure flight is the best idea for the feat.  I mean, those are tiny 'wings'.  Maybe a glide speed instead?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »
Class level, clarified.

Never was a fan of glide speeds to be honest.

Offline VindAlowd

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 07:18:17 PM »
The last fort save is messed up.

VA

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 12:46:52 AM »
Fixed, thanks.