Author Topic: Ashworm Dragoon Supermount  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Ashworm Dragoon Supermount
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:37:42 PM »
Alright, so I've taken a look into this:

A character with some mixture of Paladin 5, Ashworm Dragoon 10, Beastmaster 1, Halfling Outrider 4, Devoted Tracker, and Natural Bond can give their Ashworm +20 HD, +24 NA, +12 Str, +3 Dex, and a mess of other nice things (like Evasion, Improved Evasion, and Share Spells).

That comes out to a 23 HD Huge Ashworm with Str 43, Dex 13, Con 21, Int 7, Wis 13, Cha 6, and +33 NA.

Now...

1) What's the best order for all of that?
2) I can shave off a level of Ashworm Dragoon and Halfling Outrider without any reduction in bonuses; any ideas for replacing those two levels? I'm in that awkward place where adding another level of Halfling Outrider won't do anything, so...
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Chemus

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ashworm Dragoon Supermount
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 02:28:39 PM »
...2) I can shave off a level of Ashworm Dragoon and Halfling Outrider without any reduction in bonuses; any ideas for replacing those two levels?

Another level of Paladin, trading Remove Disease for something useful? Nets +1 BAB and all saves. Add a level of... Warblade later?

Nitpick; being small on a huge mount means that you cant make melee attacks from your mount's back. Granted, you're not required to be on your mount's back...
Apathy is ...ah screw it.
My Homebrew

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 07:43:54 AM »
Is there a dip you could take for Tremorsense? Some sort of non-LoE blindsight?

It'd be interesting to shoot around underground and only pop up for precision strikes.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 08:03:59 PM »
What about taking a Swordsage dip for the Hearing the Air Diamond Mind stance?