Author Topic: Character thread: Halfaz  (Read 5920 times)

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
  • Organizations are imaginary.
    • View Profile
Character thread: Halfaz
« on: December 08, 2011, 03:17:23 PM »
Character thread for Halfaz
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:41:28 PM by MetroMagic »

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
Re: Character thread: Halfaz
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »
Here is my character sheet: Halfaz Illiek
The only thing it is missing are the citing. I promise they will be there by tomorrow at this time.

I could not find a picture for him so I'm going to use the one from the WotC website as a base:

Imagine this guy way more stronger wearing a mithral chain shirt and holding a double-bladed scimitar. Both visibly magical.
The scimitar blades are like the one in the picture bellow:

The blades are connected by the shaft and are facing oposite directions.

He has a big, horizontal scar crossing his face just bellow his eyes. And he's got many cloth straps tied all over his body.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 11:30:36 PM »
I did a little picture morphing to bulk up Halfaz, in accordance with your comments about the pic. See if you like it; feel free to use it if you do.

For your consideration!

...pic deleted, wasn't the right effect... see next post
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:52:51 AM by MetroMagic »

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 12:29:42 AM »
I thought about stretching it too, but I think his face is large enough. Just his body seems a little frail. I'm downloading Photoshop so that I can reshape only his body. Lets see if it helps.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 05:54:28 AM »
Halfaz’s Ship

Dazzling colors are reflected and refracted back from the crystalline interior of the ship’s deck in swarms of brilliant points, lines, and planes of light. Splashes of gold, silver, platinum, electrum, and Mithril swirl in random patches here and there across the surface of the deck, and completely cover the hull in a thick layer, plated onto it from wash after wash against the shoreline of Mineral melting into Magma, and especially from ploughing down the Magma and Mineral sludge into the pond where the ship came to rest. The deck looks like the top facet of a broad, polished gemstone, perhaps a little less than fifty feet long and twenty feet wide at its widest point. The igneous hull itself was transformed by the intense Positive Energy exposure natural to the Planes of Radiance and Mineral to an understructure of beautiful crystalline gemstone plates. The rail, the mast, sails and rigging, cabin, roof sheeting, gangways and companionways to below deck, are a wash of the same metallic colors and sheets and columns of gemstone, which have been Magically polished to brilliance. Even the ropes are of braided gold, silver, and Mithril, including the thick ropes and cables in the ship’s storage lockers, hundreds and hundreds of feet of braided Mithril, with some rope in gold or silver. The top and outer edge of the rail is set with flecks of geometric gemstones from scraping against the spires and fingers of Mineral toward the end of the trip, with the pieces mixed together in a thousand colors. The whole ship is a fantastical, functional piece of jewelry, streaming with light.

Made of Ioun Crystals and ProtoMetals, Halfaz’s ship has many special properties.

ProtoMetal is indestructible and Ioun Crystals from that same region of the Planes are likewise indestructible.

The ship is immune to heat, fire, radiation, Fire, Radiance, Magma, Positive and Negative Energy from any source and protects its onboard passengers by absorbing these effects.

It has 30 functioning Ioun Crystals that were acquired at random when it scraped against Mineral during its creation, much like Ioun Stones except they remain attached to the ship and do not fly about on their own. 28 are unique, 2 are duplicated; see number 12 in the list below; it appears twice. Any one of the Ioun Crystals may be selected to be active at a time and confers to the ship and all occupants the benefits of that Ioun Crystal. For the duplicated Ioun Crystal, when activated both are in effect; that specific effect is double strength. Unfortunately there are several effects that are duplicated by different Ioun Crystals, or have overlapping effects. These Ioun Crystals cannot be used simultaneously, only individually, because the Crystals themselves are not identical; they just happen to have similar effects.

The sources of the descriptions are noted in the list; this list’s text may not be identical to the original source text, since references to charges, single uses, and durations are removed in the list below and do not apply to the Ioun Crystals on the ship.

Each effect remains in effect until that Ioun Crystal is deselected; however, benefits of rest, sustenance, or hit points gained through healing or regeneration are not lost when the Ioun Crystal is deselected, and remain until they are lost or used up by the usual means.

The ship’s captain may change which Ioun Crystal is functioning once per round as a Free Action while on board the ship or retaining it in his or her possession. An Ioun Crystal is always in effect; the last one selected remains in effect until changed. The first Ioun Crystal in effect was number 13.

The ship is Attuned to its captain. The captain may Attune someone else as captain. If the captain dies, anyone may Attune as captain. The process of Atttuning takes a full round action.

The 30 Ioun Crystals
1   Amber sphere: “of Divine Knowledge”; Acts as holy symbol, grants insight into an opponent, grants bonus to Insight, Religion and Intelligence checks (4E, Adventurer’s Vault 2)
2   Bright silver cylinder: The ship, its cargo, all on board, and their possessions can go ethereal (AD&D, Dragon magazine #174/Encyclopedia Magica Vol. II), as cloak of etherealness, double duration (3E, Lords of Darkness)
3   Clear crystal: “of Adaption”; Sustains creature without food or water, resist environmental temperatures, stop ongoing damage (4E, Manual of the Planes)
4   Clear spindle: Sustains creature without food or water (3E, DMG)
5   Clear teardrop: Use detect undead at will (Ghostwalk Campaign Setting)
6   Crimson sphere: +2 enhancement bonus to Intelligence, stacks up to +6 (Pathfinder, Rise of the Runelords #6: Spires of Xin-Shalast)
7   Deep purple prism: Grants 60′ infravision or doubles existing infravision range (AD&D, Dragon magazine #174/Encyclopedia Magica Vol. II)
8   Dendroid: Adds one level of ability, not cumulative (AD&D, Netheril: Encyclopedia Arcana)
9   Echinid: User can detect magic (AD&D, Netheril: Encyclopedia Arcana)
10   Flaming yellow prism: “Heart of fire”, +2 caster level for fire spells, +6 bonus to Knowledge (the planes) and Knowledge (arcana), cast Quench or empower a fire spell (3E, 17 Relics)
11   Flickering white snowflake: +1 to saves vs cold (AD&D, Dragon magazine #174/Encyclopedia Magica Vol. II)
12   Heptahedron: +1 to saving throws vs electricity (AD&D, Netheril: Encyclopedia Arcana)
12   Heptahedron: +1 to saving throws vs electricity (AD&D, Netheril: Encyclopedia Arcana)
13   Lime green prism: Ignore the effects of heat and ice (3E, Kobold Quarterly #6)
14   Orange cube: Grants resistance to mind-affecting spells as if user had a Wisdom of 20 (AD&D, Dragon magazine #174/Encyclopedia Magica Vol. II)
15   Orange prism: +1 caster level (3E, DMG)
16   Pale aquamarine prism: “of Steadfastness”; fear immunity (4E, Adventurer’s Vault)
17   Pale blue rhomboid: +2 enhancement bonus to Strength (3E, DMG)
18   Pale green prism: +1 competence bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks and ability checks (3E, DMG)
19   Pearly white spindle: Regenerate 1 point of damage per hour of continuous use selected (3E, DMG)
20   Puce cube: Bestows ESP at will; user can scan surface thoughts of one person per round within range of 30′ (AD&D, Dragon magazine #174/Encyclopedia Magica Vol. II)
21   Rainbow spindle: The ship with its cargo can ShipShape (change its shape and size to any other shiplike form or type that does not increase its base value) and all on board and their possessions can Polymorph Self (AD&D, Dragon magazine #174/Encyclopedia Magica Vol. II)
22   Red ellipsoid: “of Regeneration”; regeneration 10 while bloodied (4E, Adventurer’s Vault)
23   Rhomboid: Absorb 10 points of damage (AD&D, Netheril: Encyclopedia Arcana)
24   Silver rod: +1 to saves vs electricity (AD&D, Dragon magazine #174/Encyclopedia Magica Vol. II)
25   Silvery mirror cube: +1 bonus to saves vs petrification gaze attacks (AD&D, Dragon magazine #174/Encyclopedia Magica Vol. II)
26   Sky blue sphere: Delay elemental damage until deselected (3E, Kobold Quarterly #6)
27   Soft black rectangle: Protection against level-draining attacks (AD&D, Dragon magazine #174/Encyclopedia Magica Vol. II)
28   Sphere: +1 to saving throws vs petrification (AD&D, Netheril: Encyclopedia Arcana)
29   Unspecified rhomboid: “of Sustenance”; require no food, water or air, and require half normal rest (4E, Adventurer’s Vault)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 07:48:30 AM »
This is the list of rituals Halfaz and his copies are taking. It is not complete because I still haven't had the time to read the spell list.

Minor
Ritual of Protection (DR 2/- and Resist 2 all energy)
Ritual Save (+2 to Will saves)
Ritual of Detection (Detect magic and secret doors at will)

Least
Ritual of Speed (+60ft move, +2 initiative)
Ritual of Awakened Senses (blindsight 30f)
Ritual of Endurance (+4 enhancement to Con)

Lesser
Ritual of Blessed Soul (Immunity to curses, diseases and poisons)
Ritual of Competence (+5 competence to every skill check)
Ritual of Deflection (+6 deflection to AC and Deflect Arrows feat)
Ritual of Healing (Fast Healing 5, and once per round removes: dazed, dazzled, fatigued, shaken or sickened)
Ritual of Mastery (A -5 attack of a full-round action uses full base)

Greater
Ritual of Prowess (+9 competence to attack and damage, +8 to confirmation and weapon threat range +2)
Ritual of Resistance (+6 to saving throws, roll saving throws twice choosing better result)
Ritual of Strength (+8 Str, two sizes larger for grapple)
Ritual of Mind's Edge (Immune to mind effect, mind attacker takes 1d4+2 intelligence, wisdom and charisma damage, and 1 burn)
Spirits Cast in Iron (AC bonus to incorporeal and ghost touch)
Ritual of Agility (+8 Dex, +4 Reflex, +2 dodge to AC)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 08:08:03 AM »
Anyone has any suggestion on what should I level Halfaz up?

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 08:15:22 AM »
I mean, another level of SS//WM is the most straightforward. Alternatives include Mineral Warrior, any of a number of ToB prcs, etc.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 08:48:33 AM »
Mineral Warrior is nice, but Halfaz is considered an elemental.
I'm not getting anything new. We'll see.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 09:32:13 AM »
Mineral Warrior is nice, but Halfaz is considered an elemental.
I'm not getting anything new. We'll see.
You could go for something related to being a captain... otherwise I'll look around and see what I can think of

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 09:53:36 AM »
I dunno how much re-working you wanna do, or would be allowed to do, but you could consider replacing Swordsage with Nomad (by Boz).

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 11:32:31 AM »
That's nice, but I don't think we can re-build our characters. Can we, boss?

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 11:57:04 AM »
I wouldn't have a proble with it

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »
I wouldn't have a proble with it

MM?

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 07:58:17 PM »
Name: Halfaz Illiek WIP

Race: Harssaf (MMIII 82)
Height/Weight: 5'7"/172lbs
Eyes/Hair: Black/None
Alignment: Chaotic/Good
Class: Nomad 15//Harssaf 6/Pyrokineticist (EPH 151) 9

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:02:20 PM by Scout89 »