Author Topic: Act - Zero  (Read 19600 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Re: Act - Zero
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2012, 02:33:44 AM »
"Right, first calm down.  If you keep screaming, I'm going to kick you out."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »
"I wouldn't mind if you elucidated on the point of what kind of creature can simply rip out our soul.  I was in a public place the entire evening in question.  I ate at a restaurant and was in a Library with a friend of mine.  I do believe that I would have been informed if there was some great beast trying to attack me."  Nanashi holds up a finger in a sudden realization.  "There was one bit of intel which might be important for you helping us.  Prior to the dizzy spell that plunged me into this world, A phrase kept popping up.  It was something small, it was...  'Make a wish' or something like that.  I started seeing it everywhere."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2012, 06:56:29 PM »
'Well, you're from an unconnected world, so I doubt you'd actually notice any sort of supernatural soul-stealing demon.  But I doubt whatever took your souls bothered to do so in person.  Probably those bastards up in Welgaia...

'Make a wish' is a bit weird, though.  Spider, did you have some of 'make a wish' thing happen to you too?"
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2012, 06:59:48 PM »
"Welgaia?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2012, 07:00:41 PM »
Having stopped screaming when she asked me to--merely lapsing into horrified inner turmoil at the thought that, despite all my precautions, they got me--I look up at the mention of my name.

"What?  Oh, yeah.  An--"

Wait.  Can...can I trust them?  This could still be a ploy.  Maybe they're just trying to get me to admit that I received that e-mail so that they know that I'm the guy they're looking for.

I look around the room.  On the other hand, this is a lot of effort to go to just to catch me.  I...suppose it wouldn't hurt to admit anything in this case.  If all else fails, I can simply claim to have been playing along.

"...e-mail.  I received an anonymous e-mail telling me to make a wish, and then received some sort of indication that my wish had been received.  From naraku.co.jp.  Popped it into the translator and found out it means 'hell.'  Weird shit, if you ask me."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »
"Welgaia's just a bunch of jerks.  Don't worry about them.  I doubt you guys have enough of a soul to even reflect in their eyes...

And I'll just ignore this 'email' thing you're talking about over there.  But both of you getting a message before having your souls taken is pretty weird... I wonder if that is why you're mayflies...  I'll bet someone powerful is messing around again.  Probably that damn Magic Queen.  Always putting her problems in my lap."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2012, 07:06:11 PM »
I stare.

"So, is that offer for explanation still on the table?  'Mayflies' and 'Magic Queen' would be nice to have clarified."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2012, 07:08:33 PM »
"Also, are there any ways to get BACK to our world?  You said it was unconnected, but...  is there some sort of ancient artifact of something that could take us back, or something?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2012, 07:13:25 PM »
"Oh, right, you guys are unconnected.  So annoying.  So I said before that you two were what we'd call mono, right?  Mono are things without souls.  But you two aren't quite without souls.  You've got enough of a soul to still have a proper form and such.  So we call you mayflies.  Before you were mono, you where what we'd call a whole.  That's basically a person who possesses both a body and soul.  You've also got chroma, who are pretty much demons or youkai or what-have-you.  They don't exactly have bodies, but they do have form.  Gumiho, whom you've just met, is a chroma.  There are some other things too,  but they're pretty rare.

Magic Queen is the ruler of this world, sort of.  The position is somewhere between her and Baabaa, at least.  She's pretty much just a witch.

As for getting home, that would probably take an ancient artifact or something.  And your soul.  Having your soul has to help.  It's hard to live on an unconnected world without a soul.  Probably."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »
I consider this.

"Right, so.  There's presumably some reason Gumiho brought us to you.  Is there any particular field in which you are going to help us?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2012, 07:20:46 PM »
"Well, as the shrine maiden of the Kagami Shrine, dealing with people like you is sort of my job.  Annoying as it is, it's my responsibility to protect you."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2012, 07:21:52 PM »
"Protect us...from...?  Those things that wouldn't mind eating the rest of our souls?"

I rub my forehead.

"So, we basically have to just stay here?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »
"Yeah, those things.  And people who would just love to take advantage of a pair of noob unconnected.  And all those other things that can happen to a group of people in a big city they don't know that also happens to be full of magic and youkai.  You know, some things.

But if you think I'm going to do this for free, you're way mistaken.  Just 'cause I'm a shrine maiden doesn't mean I'm going to support a couple of NEETs without anything in return.  I'm going to make you dress up and clean the place and do chores and gather worshippers and all that other stuff I hate doing until you can support yourselves."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »
I picture myself in a stereotypical Nipponese female outfit.

"Jesus Christ, how horrifying."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2012, 12:58:15 AM »
"I'm sure it won't be that bad."  Nanashi replies to his comrade.  "But just sitting here won't change anything, will it?  Are you insinuating that we will just be here helping you do your job until we die?  I dunno, if Demons and Youkai exist, magic probably exists too, doesn't it?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2012, 01:17:27 AM »
"No, I didn't mean that.  I just...can you imagine me in one of those skirts?  There are things that man was not meant to see, Nanashi, and that is damned high on the list."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2012, 01:27:06 AM »
"'Magic probably exists~' it isn't like I just said magic exists or anything.  Maybe you thought I said 'a big city they don't know that also happens to be full of magic and youkai' and 'Magic Queen' just to be contrary, right?  And, to be honest, I'm not sure how magic existing makes you two working here until you die any better.  Like, I'm not actually sure where you were going with that.  Were you going to magic your way out of indentured servitude?  Transform your self into a magical pilgrim or something?"

She stops to take a breath.

"Ah, that felt good.  I haven't really gotten to do that in ages.  Don't worry about doing nothing by working here until you die.  The current useless you won't be of any help to me at all, so I'm going to get you all magicked up.  Whether you like it or not.

Oh, and Spider.  I wouldn't be so sure that about that skirt thing.  I know some people who would pay a pretty penny for a sight like that.  If the whole magic thing doesn't work out, maybe you'll have to meet up with some of them~  Hehehe..."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2012, 01:28:45 AM »

"I am...exceedingly disturbed right now.  Let's...just get to the magicking, shall we?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2012, 01:34:52 AM »
"Right then.  What sort of awesome fantasy archetype would you like to be?  I'll respond with a smile before crushing your dreams."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2012, 01:40:58 AM »
"...fantasy?  Well, I guess being a dragon would be pretty cool?  Fire breath and treasure and flying and shit...there don't really seem to be any downsides."

I look at her suspiciously.

"This is going to end badly, isn't it?"