Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 29545 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2012, 01:19:54 AM »
Hmmm...

I have an idea; does anyone know of a way to create an Epic Spell that fools all forms of Divination into thinking that they are on a different plane?

Because I have a way to kill Dispater through one. Simple. Touch attack.

In other words, I think I've figured out a way to get him to accept a Painless Death if you call him through the Locking the Gates ritual...
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
Hmmm...

I have an idea; does anyone know of a way to create an Epic Spell that fools all forms of Divination into thinking that they are on a different plane?

Because I have a way to kill Dispater through one. Simple. Touch attack.

In other words, I think I've figured out a way to get him to accept a Painless Death if you call him through the Locking the Gates ritual...
The point has always been to kill him in Dis. If you call him elsewhere, killing him will not end the challenge.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2012, 09:44:19 AM »
Well, that's what the Divination-fooling spell is for; so that I can make Dispater believe that he's in a Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion on the Material Plane while he is, in fact, on one on Dis.

A Planar Bubble should do the trick of making <that room> not count as Dis, correct?

Or I can just Contingency him, with the Contingency being activated as soon as he spends 1 minute on Dis, with Painless Death triggering then.

It still has some knots (like getting the most paranoid being in the universe to allow me to cast a spell on him  :bigeyes)
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2012, 06:59:58 PM »
Why would the Planar bubble prevent his regeneration that is specifically triggered to his plane? If you are not on Dis, he will respawn.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2012, 07:22:11 PM »
Change of plans:

Call him in a Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion (iirc, it counts as its own plane, due to being a private demiplane), then evict him back into Dis before those 5 rounds are up.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2012, 08:08:08 PM »
Hopefully this thing is not dying.

Change of plans:

Call him in a Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion (iirc, it counts as its own plane, due to being a private demiplane), then evict him back into Dis before those 5 rounds are up.
Could work, it indeed could work.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2017, 03:39:43 AM »
Its the 3.5 officially licensed Planescape setting

here's the free pdfs

http://www.planewalker.com/sections/30-35-pscs

I'm not sure if I asked, but I was curious if several of the Dragonlance books are available (Towers of High Sorcery, Bestiary of Krynn) ?  The Dragonlance books are 1st and 2nd party (licensed plus published by Wizards or another company)

I'm glad you're back!

If things get rolling again, here's a question that never got answered
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground