Author Topic: Psyrael Race  (Read 8249 times)

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
Psyrael Race
« on: April 27, 2015, 09:41:11 PM »
PSYRAEL

Surely there's a deal we can work out that.

The Psyrael are a race of humanoid reptomammals that are well know for there ability to quell violence and skills of negotiation.  It is very rare to hear of anyone hating a Psyrael.

PSYRAEL RACIAL TRAITS
  • +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha
  • Humanoid Type
  • Base speed 30 feet
  • -1 to all saves from Arcane spells
  • Diplomacy is always a class skill.
  • Charm (Ps) 1/Day
  • Level Adjustment: +0
  • Favored Class: Ki Master or Psion

STARTING AGE
 Adulthood: 14 years
 Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer: +1d4
 Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger: +1d6
 Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard: +2d6

AGING EFFECTS
 Middle Age: 350
 Old: 530
 Venerable: 700
 Maximum Age: +4d% years

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT
 Base Height: Male: 5' 2"  Female: 4' 10"
 Height Modifier: +2d12"
 Base Weight: Male: 125 lbs.   Female: 90 lbs.
 Weight Modifier: x (2d4) lbs.

PSYRAEL CHARACTERS
Insert text here

ROLEPLAYING A PSYRAEL
Insert text here

PSYRAEL SOCIETY
Insert text here
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 02:22:12 AM by Psysama »
Signature here.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
Re: Psyrael Race
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 09:47:34 PM »
Psyrael Racial Paragon class here

HD: d6
Level      BAB      Fort      Ref      Will      Features

1   +0      +0      +0      +2      Telepathy Aptitude, Persuasive, Chosen Class
2   +1      +0      +0      +3      Psionic Suggestion, +1 Level of Chosen Class
3   +1      +1      +1      +3      Ability Boost (+2 Int), +1 Level of Chosen Class

Skills: 2 + Int mod.  Class Skills are Autohypnosis, Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Knowledge Psionics, Listen, Psicraft, Sense Motive, Speak Language, and Use Psionic Device.

Proficiencies: Psyrael Paragons are proficient with the club, dagger, handguns, whip, and beam sword.  They are not proficient with any type of armor or shield.

Features:

Chosen Class:  At first level, the Psyrael paragon picks their chosen class, either Ki Master or Psion.  Once picked, the chosen class cannot be changed.

Spells per Day: At 2nd and 3rd level, a Psyrael paragon gains new power points per day and powers known as if he had also gained a level in his chosen class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that he adds the level of Psyrael paragon to his level in Ki Master or Psion (not both), then determines spells/PP per day, spells/powers known, and caster/manifester level accordingly.

If a Psyrael paragon has no levels in their chosen class, this class feature has no effect.

Telepathy Aptitude (Ex):  A Psyrael paragon may add his class level to his manifester level to determine the effects of any telepathy powers he manifests, including those gained as innate abilities of the Psyrael race. This bonus stacks with the extra manifesting levels gained from the Psyrael paragon's powers per day entry (see above).

For example, a 2nd-level Psion/3rd-level Psyrael paragon's manifester level is 2nd for most Psion powers but 5th for Psion powers of the telepathy discipline (and 4th for his racial psi-like ability). A 3rd-level Psion/2nd-level Psyrael paragon's manifester level is 4th for most Psion powers but 6th for Psion powers of the telepathy discipline.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 10:28:40 PM by Psysama »
Signature here.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 12:44:49 AM »
History about race here (part one?)
Signature here.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 01:26:34 AM »
Okay this race is one I created back When I was in middle school.  I will admit my inspiration was mildly inspired by how  Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV was portrayed in the old PC game Dune.  This gives you a rough idea of how they physically look (the females have smaller horns).  Their skin is scaly, but smooth and soft (if you have ever caught a gecko as a kid, you'll know what I am talking about.  If not...think of a baby, only with soft scaly skin).  They are one of the 3 superpowers in this particular universe because of the fact that no one particular race truly hates a Psyrael.  They are pretty much like the diplomats or mediators necessary for balance in the universe.  As their name would imply, they are naturally gifted with psionics.  Most beings feel suddenly calm(er than they were earlier) when a Psyrael has entered a room with the mission of diplomacy or peace.  Some more hardened individuals tend to be immune to this unique effect.  Granted, they would much rather negotiate than fight, but if forced to fight, they prefer to fight at a distance, although a select few will focus on monk-like abilities that allows them to channel their ki into a weapon or a projectile (think the homebrew class Ki Master).

Physically Psyrael aren't very hardy but are agile, so thank whatever gods they pray to that they can dodge a hit, because they sure as hell can't take one.  They do tend to be smart (due to lots of study) and likeable (by nature) so usually the only time they have to test their mettle is when they are in training or if come across an opponent that just doesn't care to talk.

This is all I have so far. More to come later when I dig through all of my notes.
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 03:29:55 AM »
Do you have specific stats in mind for them yet?

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 12:08:10 AM »
Ki Master?

Manifest Psionic Charm 1/day as a Psilike ability??

Why are they vulnerable to arcane?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:15:06 AM by bhu »

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 12:23:51 AM »
Ki Master?

Ki Master is from the wiki.  Mine, I think actually.

So it is.  Quite old.  Yeah, it's DBZ.

Can't comment on the rest.
Mudada.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 12:39:07 AM »
Ki Master?

Ki Master is from the wiki.  Mine, I think actually.
What he said.   :D

Sounds good!

It's part of the rules of that particular universe.  Certain races have COMPLETELY embraced certain aspects of the universe.  After that a great war happened (well, a few) and universe shattered and was nearly destroyed, certain types of magic beats other types of magic.  It's sort of a rock/paper/scissors sort of thing.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:41:53 AM by Psysama »
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 01:01:21 AM »
if its all arcane magic i wouldnt make it more than a -1 to saves, and even thats kinda rough.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 01:08:50 AM »
Here we go.  How's the balance?  What would you recommend I do to make it more balanced?
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 02:19:53 AM »
Balance seems okay but I'd prefer to have it playtested to make sure the save minus isn't too bad.  Also I'd specify it's spells only.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 02:30:31 AM »
Balance seems okay but I'd prefer to have it playtested to make sure the save minus isn't too bad.  Also I'd specify it's spells only.
Spells only, got it.  Well, ready for the racial paragon class?  How many levels will I need to make it to have the psi-like ability go from 1/day to at will?
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 02:45:21 AM »
that would prolly depend on if you intend to give it augments.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 02:53:06 AM »
Well yeah, I probably will. 
If you spend 2 additional power points, this power can also affect an animal, fey, giant, magical beast, or monstrous humanoid.
Up to that point.  I don't see the point of going higher than that because in this universe aberrations are usually killed on sight (or get VERY good at hiding), dragons are all but extinct, elementals usually aren't encountered, and outsiders are usually powerful enough that it wouldn't matter.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:01:31 AM by Psysama »
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 03:46:12 AM »
then the main reason to go higher would be upping the save dc.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 05:45:05 AM »
Okay I made the Psyrael Paragon.  Need reviews now. :D
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 01:06:57 AM »
A few thoughts:

Racial Paragons usually go for 3 Levels and increase the races favored class by one or two levels (i.e. +1 Level of current casting class).  Why did you go for 6 Levels

The capstone is woefully underpowered.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 02:07:54 AM »
I went for six because I was afraid of making it too powerful too quick.  Ummm, how would you recommend I go about fixing it?  :???
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 03:01:35 AM »
Lemme think on it.  I'm in the middle of a mess right now

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 03:29:49 AM »
okay racial paragons depend on their favored class usually, so it would prolly look like this

HD: d6
Level      BAB      Fort      Ref      Will      Features

1   +0      +0      +0      +2      Telepathy Aptitude, Persuasive
2   +1      +0      +0      +3      Psionic Suggestion, +1 Level of Psion
3   +1      +1      +1      +3      Ability Boost (+2 Int), +1 Level of Psion

Skills: 2 + Int mod.  Class Skills are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Psicraft (Int). In addition, you gain whatever skills were from your Psion Discipline.

Proficiencies: Psyrael Paragons are proficient with the club, dagger, handguns, whip, and beam sword.  They are not proficient with any type of armor or shield.

Features:

Spells per Day" At 2nd and 3rd level, a Psyrael paragon gains new power points per day and powers known as if he had also gained a level in Psion. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that he adds the level of Psyrael paragon to his level in Psion, then determines PP per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly.

If a Psyrael paragon has no levels in bard, this class feature has no effect.

Telepathy Aptitude (Ex):  A Psyrael paragon may add his class level to his manifester level to determine the effects of any telepathy powers he manifests, including those gained as innate abilities of the Psyrael race. This bonus stacks with the extra manifesting levels gained from the Psyrael paragon's powers per day entry (see above).

For example, a 2nd-level Psion/3rd-level Psyrael paragon's manifester level is 2nd for most Psion powers but 5th for Psion powers of the telepathy discipline (and 4th for his racial psi-like ability). A 3rd-level Psion/2nd-level Psyrael paragon's manifester level is 4th for most Psion powers but 6th for Psion powers of the telepathy discipline.

This increased manifester level affects only powers that the character can cast; it does not give him access to higher-level powers or more power points.

Persuasive (Ex): You gain a +2 Racial Bonus on Diplomacy checks.

Psionic Suggestion (Ps): At 2nd level, a Psyrael paragon gains the ability to manifestst Psionic Suggestion once per day as a psi-like ability with a manifester level equal to his Psyrael paragon level.