Author Topic: Fallen Water Goddess  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
Fallen Water Goddess
« on: May 19, 2018, 10:29:52 PM »
I have finally got my wife to decide on what she wants to be for a campaign I am running: a fallen elemental water goddess.  Now I have already found the half elemental template and was going to use that for her, but there were a few other things I wanted her to be able to do (not immediately, just as she levels up).  I wanted her to be able to assume liquid form and slide under a door crack, maybe take mist form, she can heal in water, and her to be VERY dependent on water (deserts are very bad for her).  The fatal flaw is for kind of for motivation on getting her divinity back.  So what do you think?  Is there a template that can be make/is already made?  Ideas?  Thoughts?  Songs or dances?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 10:45:58 PM by Psysama »
Signature here.

Offline Maat Mons

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Water Goddess
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 12:06:46 AM »
If you want her to gain magical abilities related to water as she levels up, one option is a spellcaster that chooses water-related spells.  Amorphous form (Spell Compendium, p. 9) and gaseous form might suit your needs. 

I have to say, I'd just go with aventi (Stormwrack, p. 34) over half-water elemental.  Aventi get water breathing and a swim speed at 1st level.  Half-water elemental doesn't give that until 3rd level. 

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 12:43:53 AM »
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=6411.0  os has a water elemental class that might fit

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 12:53:03 PM »
If you're going with Os' classes, the Rusalka has the water dependency factor.

Edit: You could also go with my Water Genasi (I like my version better than Os').  It has some minor scaling for new abilities (spells from the Water domain).

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 04:48:04 PM »
So I talked to my wife about it and she and I think the water elemental class is more of what she's wanting.  Someone made mention of a spellcasting class?  What spells would meet what we are needing for passing under a door, class and level?  I'd look it up myself, but my break is over and I have to get back to work.  Please feel free to chime in.
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 07:35:17 PM »
gaseous form refluffed would work