Author Topic: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow  (Read 177518 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2013, 05:35:48 PM »
Baha thinks about it for a split second before replying to Kenny to relay it to everyone. If subspace communications are working kick it back to their employers too. Maybe they'll know something.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2013, 03:56:37 AM »
"Maooo," Katherine spoke up over the comm. "You maybe need to get back up here soon with those people if we're going to be able to pull back to the entrance before that attack Hugo reported catches us in this intersection."

Speaking to Baha now, she somewhat reiterated herself. "You should probably go ahead and catch up to Hugo at the entrance too, Princess. Some extra guard on the people he's already taken to the entrance would be good, yeah, until we can regroup again. I'll wait for Mao and Am-" Suddenly perking up at saying Ammy's name, she'd remembered there hadn't been word back from her yet. "Ammy! Did you hear enemies inbound? We need you back asap!" Katherine almost shouted into her comm unit.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:57:57 AM by ketaro »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2013, 02:21:18 PM »
The dire news did not deter her from executing her planned evacuation stratagem, only pressing the pace further.
She replied to Katherine's comm in kind.
"Reaching the surface asap. I cannot leave them behind so returning will take a moment."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2013, 08:01:03 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:04:59 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2013, 08:10:54 PM »
Grabbing the body, Amaterasu threw it aside. Right, thirty seconds until... crap, hell knew what, and just over ten until a fight was on her hands. Fine, then, she'd spend those ten seconds trying to release his 'experiment'. Maybe there'd be a fight. Maybe she'd be confused. But like hell was she going  to leave anyone in a lab like this. Nope, no way.

"Sorry, but there's no way I'm getting out that fast, and there's someone still here. I'll join you when I can, okay?"

Right, now to try getting out...

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2013, 06:19:37 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2013, 06:32:39 PM »
Fully aware that she couldn't smash her way back down, Amaterasu firmly grasped the container under one arm, shifted the grip on her sword, and set about leaving this place--at full speed. There was no sense in dawdling, and she could pretty much just glide scarcely above the floor. Time was of the essence--but if it came to a race, she was going to win.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »
Mao would prepare to let the mother back on her feet.
The room seemed adequately safe enough for the time being.

"We have a situation up there. We cannot insure your safe return until the current threat level has been dealt with. I will return for you soon. Can you please wait here with your infant until then?"

If she'd raise no objection, she would reconfiguration her systems for combat and thank her for her understanding and cooperation before slipping herself into cyberspace to reach her allies fast enough to assist them.

Otherwise she would keep on moving upward.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:31:59 PM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2013, 04:25:24 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:49:22 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »
"So much for the clean getaway...

Baha! This way! We can fight them off more easily if we're on the outside and they're bottlenecked at the corridor!

With a curt gesture, Hugo sends the shadows beyond the two more isolated members of the group and weaves a wall of chains between them and the pursuers.

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2013, 08:24:51 AM »
I called V18 before, and there is a U17 dot with a B that I assume is me. So going off that...

Baha hears Hugo and would like to pin them down but there are multiple bots separating them. It'd be a shooting spree to fall back this instant. An internal red hot pink flow of energy seems to spread out from her as an almost sadistic grin appears. The energy takes shape of two giant wings and with a flick of them she flies above the first bot letting loose a stream of deadly energy in an attempt to melt the droid and the floor below it.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:53:36 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »
Ming-Yung's current task was laid out plainly before her. Cut through the whole thing. Secure the perimeter by eliminating all opposing forces.
She focused on the more advanced model close to her first before giving her engines a double spin to hack the closest targets fast enough to make the sword cuts seem simultaneous. Her secondary drive sent a wave of energy to those close enough to touch, enhancing their abilities enough to manage one attack at a target of their choice. The wave's residues were potent enough to speed up every ally present.

She currently felt nothing but concern for those they had to evacuate and had yet to retrieve, so the plan was still a matter of priorities.
"I'll hold the exit. Katherine, try to keep them off this hallway until we're done here. I'll be with you asap."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:21:42 AM by Anomander »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2013, 04:31:18 AM »
"Eheheh, I'll see what I can do..." Katherine responded sheepishly as she brought a hand up towards the nearest Poleziax, energy visibly collecting before her face briefly before firing as a laser.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:40:05 AM by ketaro »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2013, 07:11:17 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »
Watching the bots fall beneath the melted floor Baha can only think to her self how badly those weapons are pissing him off. His anger does more than light things up on an atomic level, arcane energies surge through him and manifest in the form of the most cruelest of barriers. The Friendly Fire Spell. With a flap of her wings she moves to the bot near the group by the door and during a barrel roll she focuses on feeding the flame as she reminds the bots whose in charge as a ball of pent up atomic energy designed for sudden release explodes out of her hand.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:10:22 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 20, 2013, 02:44:59 AM »
The opening the Poleziax thought it had registered wasn't as much of one after all as Katherine extended one of her back-up blades at the last moment and actually swatted at the electric bolt sent her way, it discharging through her Nanoarmor with far less of an effect than expected. Following Baha's retreat, Katherine attempted to withdraw with her and continue filling up the corridor beyond.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:01:42 AM by ketaro »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 20, 2013, 09:37:23 AM »
"Nasty, nasty," Amaterasu whistled, setting the about-to-explode container down and moving into position. How many of these things could she get at once? Ah... rather a lot. So nice for them to all cluster together. And her former student had even moved backwards! Excellent.

Concentrating, the mercenary focused... and a blazing sun took up a rather large portion of the corridor. Pushing herself even further, body itself beginning to steam and wings shining like the stars themselves, she fed even more power into the conflagration... and waited to see if anything in there was still moving.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:53 PM »
Without losing momentum, Min-Yung kept her attacks coming. She kept the stimulating those nearby to greater valor and prepared her sword routines to try to protect them again, if the need came.
She felt her energy supply had become critically low already, so she shut down some of her forcefield systems. She felt she could do more but for the moment she would have to pace herself to maintain enough power to do anything after her attacks.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »
Mao's fluid swordplay slices in half  a falling polezi while disrupting the sound wave projected by another, saving Waber. She then proceeds to finish hacking apart the Poleziax next to her. Laurent keeps unleashing short, well aimed bursts from his rifle, taking down another two bots.

Baha and Katherine pull back, with the atomic dragon blasting another weakened polezi apart.

Just as the facilitiy's self repair systems are closing the hole created by Baha, Amaterasu follows up with her own nuclear flame. Three polizeis are disintegrated instantly by the atomizing heat, and another three collapse a split second later as Amaterasu concentrates her power. Even the poleziax is left dazed and badly damaged. However one is still moving. By some miracle, its internal systems haven't yet reached critical conditions despite most of its plating being a molten wreck, and it turns to face Amaterasu.

Then Hugo's wall of chains is brought down, and more polizeis rush into the corridor! Only to prompty stop at the border of Amaterasu's artificial sun. Four of them, two hovering over another two at its edge, their right arms change into cannons that unleash energy bolts at the merceneary! Mao can "hear" the others hanging a little back.

The two still active polizeis on the main corridor turn each their own way before unleashing new sonic waves, altough you can't distinguish any discernible words on them now, just ear-shattering  static.

Katherine is ready, and positions her nanoarmor's plating to fully absorb the impact, protecting herself and her companions behind!

All the while, the container brought by Amaterasu starts cracking and falling apart, before suddenly exploding in a soundless, heatless blast that fills the corridor with light. At the center of the light, you can spot a female humanoid silhouette, but it then starts changing shape quickly...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2013, 09:58:45 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Ignoring the charring all along her wings, Amaterasu laughed--and shrugged off most of the electricity crackling about her person. Hah! Like she'd get severely injured so easily. It'd heal soon enough--but that one tough bastard that had survived the flames--somehow--had to go down this instant.

"Me? I'm Amaterasu. I'm the one that got you out of that thing. Nice to see you're unharmed by the explosion," the redhead said, setting her eyes on the enemy and rushing at them, attacking and then retreating once more all in the blink of an eye.

If there was someone faster than her, the pilot hadn't ever met them.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:26:38 AM by Raineh Daze »