Author Topic: Extract Gift Information  (Read 17441 times)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
Re: Extract Gift Information
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 05:39:40 PM »
I'm well aware of shenanigans to get ridiculous caster levels.  They tend to require a pool of resources all their own just to get working, though.

Which is listed there. The advantage of Extract Gift is that even if it took 2 million to boost all of your stats to that extent, it would still be cheaper and better than if you were to try to get a Belt of Magnificence +12.

Plus, most of it you would likely want anyway.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline LargePrime

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 12:51:12 AM »
Fiendform et al allow one to become demons.
Extract gift free (a la dwomerkeeper or whatever) on morphed member of the party.  Choose options that make sense for a party member.
rinse repeat with however members of the party as many times as you like for arbitrarily large bonuses

Does this not become an asymptotic loop?
I'm well aware of shenanigans to get ridiculous caster levels.  They tend to require a pool of resources all their own just to get working, though.
Looped Consumptive field is free and arbitrarily large, yes?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:54:22 AM by LargePrime »

Offline Tenebrous Apostle

• I'm new.. in a way..
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 07:32:46 AM »
Guys I just red the spell discription and It doesn't  mention material costs for enchantments greater than +5 in abilities and +10 in skills. Maybe that's the cap used? Also the best way to use Extract gift is to apply it to someone else preferably an NPC you hate and have the demon control him all the while you control the demon (preferably by making it undead)... Which reminds me: does a demon still coun as a demon if it becomes undead?
Bloated goat prince of Undeath, master of vampires and lord of specters, Orcus, grant me your crushing might and the deadly power of your skull- headed wand! (figured what I play, yet?)

Offline X-Codes

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • White, Fuzzy, Sniper Rifle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 05:25:57 PM »
Extract gift free (a la dwomerkeeper or whatever) on morphed member of the party.  Choose options that make sense for a party member.
rinse repeat with however members of the party as many times as you like for arbitrarily large bonuses

What we're working on here is a proto-handbook, not a TO exercise.  There are better ways to do all of this stuff with TO.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 02:29:59 PM »
Guys I just red the spell discription and It doesn't  mention material costs for enchantments greater than +5 in abilities and +10 in skills. Maybe that's the cap used? Also the best way to use Extract gift is to apply it to someone else preferably an NPC you hate and have the demon control him all the while you control the demon (preferably by making it undead)... Which reminds me: does a demon still coun as a demon if it becomes undead?

It give the formula to figure out the price, then it does the pricing for you up to CL20. There is no cap for the spell itself.

As far as the undead thing, I would say no. However, it is up to the DM. Since it is up for interpretation, I do not include it for the same reason that the Aspect of Lolth is not in my chart.

But only a specific list of crappy demons. Since Polymorph changes type, Draconic Polymorph is love.

Also, I have been refining my table, making many more at each binding level, and many more things to make it a better handbook.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 08:32:50 PM »

Which is listed there. The advantage of Extract Gift is that even if it took 2 million to boost all of your stats to that extent, it would still be cheaper and better than if you were to try to get a Belt of Magnificence +12.

Plus, most of it you would likely want anyway.

Really?  From extrapolating the prices for +2/+4/+6 belts, a +12 belt should cost 1.6 million...
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline LargePrime

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 01:26:53 AM »

What we're working on here is a proto-handbook, not a TO exercise.  There are better ways to do all of this stuff with TO.
I was not speaking of TO, simply pointing out that this could be very cheaply and easily done over time by a party.

Offline X-Codes

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • White, Fuzzy, Sniper Rifle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 11:01:55 PM »
"Looped Consumptive Field" is absolutely TO.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2012, 04:08:22 PM »
"Looped Consumptive Field" is absolutely TO.
Is absolutely TO, and somewhat rules questionable.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline LargePrime

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »
why is two castings of Consumptive Field TO?