Author Topic: I Need Some Help. Please Read.  (Read 19839 times)

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
Re: I Need Some Help. Please Read.
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 12:36:19 AM »
edited. ^^ but the url didn't change. bother, i guess i'll have to close and reopen it to fix.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:38:54 AM by nijineko »

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 12:39:54 AM »
well, i'll close it and reopen it so the URL reflects the right location too.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 12:51:02 AM »
I just read through it.

I don't see you as a "frenemy." You're a good guy. Thank you.

well, we've never really chatted about much other than psionics. mostly we just argue about the psicrystal advancement entry. ^^

in any case, my sincere wishes and prayers for your successful climb out of your current condition and position!

Offline KellKheraptis

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Temporal Dissonance Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 07:30:20 AM »
Signed, and I'll be adding that as a link as well.  Lycan, if you could, are there any specifics you would want on an 'about' page on the blog?  Specifics tend to make ranking a little easier, on the off chance someone is using different terms to search.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 04:09:48 PM »
Hey it's Lycanthro-manc ... er

ouch  :(

Hugs , capital "H" Hugs  :hug :hug

Thanks. I've kind of missed having your particular brand of insanity around.

You make D&D nerds everywhere proud.

Aww shucks  :blush ... but you know you haven't missed my kitty avatar's Tail ...
actually no you don't know you haven't missed it, you don't wanna know what/why you don't miss it.
The tail has a mind of it's own, and I'm not sure even I know it.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
Signed, and I'll be adding that as a link as well.  Lycan, if you could, are there any specifics you would want on an 'about' page on the blog?  Specifics tend to make ranking a little easier, on the off chance someone is using different terms to search.
I...don't really know. "Depression"? "Lost his job"? There's a list of a lot of my problems in the OP. Rubik aside, I don't really have any close relationships with family or friends, and the job market around here is basically stuff I can't do due to qualifications or things I can't do just because I find them ridiculously stressful, and I'm already so stressed out that I feel overwhelmed on simple stuff. I could work in fast food, but people who work in that market can tell you that it's NOT a low-stress environment. Plus, you don't make squat, money-wise, and I was already running on broke with a job where I made above minimum wage.

As I've said, I want to use the money on a few things. I need to pay as many of the past-due bills that are causing me problems as I can. I need to pay off some traffic fines I earned when I was bedridden with pneumonia and nearly died, my car's tags and insurance ran out and I tried to go to the hospital, and when I got pulled over by the cops, instead of taking me to the hospital, they wrote me tickets and forced me to go back home. Multiple times. And then I lost my license and car. So, I have to pay off nearly $8,000 before I can get my license back (though I've already paid off some of it). [This is part of past-due bills.] I also have to buy a car so I can find better opportunities outside of this town and not feel nearly as trapped as I currently am. Maybe find a better area to live in because of how limited this place is. And I need some time to recuperate, because my stress levels are so high that my brain feels like soggy mush and like my thoughts are struggling through a Solid Fog spell, and it generally takes a few months without any stress at all before I start feeling better.

Aww shucks  :blush ... but you know you haven't missed my kitty avatar's Tail ...
actually no you don't know you haven't missed it, you don't wanna know what/why you don't miss it.
The tail has a mind of it's own, and I'm not sure even I know it.
Yup. Insanity.

PS, I still think that looks like a teddy bear. Kitty? What kitty?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:03:56 PM by Lycanthromancer »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 06:54:34 PM »
How capable would you be of packing everything into a pair of dufflebags, hopping on a bus, and just heading to the next state over?

This is just me being curious, so don't feel like you have to answer.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2015, 12:42:22 AM »
How capable would you be of packing everything into a pair of dufflebags, hopping on a bus, and just heading to the next state over?

This is just me being curious, so don't feel like you have to answer.
I think I see where you're going with that, and I appreciate the offer you were going to make a great deal, but I'd like to hold off, for now.

Instead, Solo and I have come up with something that could potentially help me to help myself, and I outlined the basics here. I still need help on that gofundme campaign, but I've got something I can work toward as that's happening. Anything you guys want to add to the discussion is highly appreciated.

Offline Dictum Mortuum

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 08:30:12 AM »
Come to Greece!

I'm working for a software company, so if you are a programmer, I could arrange an interview (possibly over skype) for you.

It's kind of a long-shot, but, hey, maybe a drastic change like that will help you get better.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 01:08:10 PM »
Come to Greece!
I did not see that coming.
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2015, 04:12:46 PM »
Have you tried a solid 15+ minutes laying out   :cool  in noontime sun ?

(I mean you don't wanna scare your neighbors but you could say a doctor told you you needed it)
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Lokiyn

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 04:52:08 PM »
Ironically i live nearby; have you checked with the up the road at the distribution center for walmart by XNA? I've been told that its pretty low stress for decent pay if you don't mind sorting flats. warehouse stuff That and the UPS facility in springdale is about to start seasonal hiring. Or i know DrPepper is always hiring for Merchandisers I know they aren't great, but most mechandiser positions don't have to deal with but one or two people and they let you work at your own pace as long as the job gets done. Order Puller
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:57:40 PM by Lokiyn »
Joined WotC Forums Feb 2004, watched it die on Nov 5th ~12:18 Oct 2015
Rest in pieces.

Archives of the WotC forums

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2015, 01:56:48 PM »
Hello, everyone.

Thank you all so very much for your help and encouragement over the course of this last month. I've been in really tight spots before, but I've never received the kind of support I've gotten over the past several weeks, and as uncomfortable as asking for handouts has been, it's been extremely humbling to know that there really are people out there who are willing to help someone in need.

This is the update on my situation to let you know how things have been going and to let you know how your donations have been spent.

I used the money over the last month to keep myself afloat, and every single penny has been used for paying bills and buying food, and it was a massive relief knowing that I had some time to find a way to support myself, and the time you helped buy wasn't spent idly. I have been working on finding employment, and I did find a job several weeks ago, which is great.

Unfortunately, the amount of training needed for the job means that, even though I've been filling out paperwork and taking tests for the bulk of the last month, I haven't actually started working yet, even though I've got the job. My security clearance should be coming in sometime within the next two weeks, and then I can *finally* start earning a paycheck again, at a job close enough to home to walk to, with very little stress, which will help me immensely in keeping up with things for the foreseeable future.

In the meantime, bills are coming due again, and I need one last push to keep going. Rent, food, and other bills wait for no man, and though I hate to ask for even more from everyone, this time it's only for enough to keep me going until the paychecks start rolling in once again. I'll need about $800 (in addition to the $1000 I had before) to keep a roof over my head, the electricity and water on, and to buy enough food to last until my first paycheck. Every little bit helps, and while I still feel uncomfortable asking for another handout, I don't like the idea of being tossed out on the street even more.

This has been a really trying time, but thanks to all the help from those who have donated, I've gotten enough time and space to see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, and for once, it's not an oncoming train.

As a reminder, my GoFundMe account is at http://www.gofundme.com/d84a3tjs.

Again, thank you everyone so much for your help thus far. I'll do my best to pass that help along in the future.

-Garrett

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2015, 01:58:42 PM »
Ironically i live nearby; have you checked with the up the road at the distribution center for walmart by XNA? I've been told that its pretty low stress for decent pay if you don't mind sorting flats. warehouse stuff That and the UPS facility in springdale is about to start seasonal hiring. Or i know DrPepper is always hiring for Merchandisers I know they aren't great, but most mechandiser positions don't have to deal with but one or two people and they let you work at your own pace as long as the job gets done. Order Puller
"Nearby" is pretty subjective. Siloam Springs is a long way from Springdale when you're on foot or on a bicycle, which is what part of the problem has been. It's hard to travel 30 miles to work in the soon-to-be wintertime when you have to hoof it the whole way.

Fortunately, I did find a job locally, but UNfortunately, I won't start getting paid for a few more weeks yet.

Thanks for the info, though.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2015, 04:35:25 PM »
The training isn't paid?  That sounds pretty unethical of the company.

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2015, 05:28:02 PM »
The training isn't paid?  That sounds pretty unethical of the company.
Can't really gainsay that. The on-the-job training is paid, but all of the at-home training is not, and that's what I've been doing over the last month.

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2015, 10:25:03 PM »
Today's update:

I received my 10-day eviction notice late yesterday, and I won't start my new job for at least a few more days, with my first paycheck not coming in for a couple of weeks after that. I really don't want to be evicted while waiting for the paychecks to start rolling in.

As I mentioned in a previous update, the amount already donated went towards last month's bill's and food almost exclusively, meaning I don't have much left to go toward this month. I need some help getting at least $300 to add to what I still have in order to catch up with the rent that I owe.

I basically have my new job already; I'm merely awaiting security clearance. This should be the last time I need help, at least for the foreseeable future.

Anyone who can spare a bit, I most definitely appreciate anything you can do, and I'm sure this job will help alleviate a lot of the problems that got me to this point, so it shouldn't happen again.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2015, 06:38:05 PM »
Have you chatted with landlord and explained things?  He isn't willing to cut slack at all?