Author Topic: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards  (Read 167591 times)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards
« Reply #740 on: August 28, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I never said the only thing I prepared was Silent Image. In particular because I don't have to. I picked Spell Mastery precisely so I could use the Silent Image to Conjuration/Evocation spells on the fly step. (Which reminds me, I never really picked a feat to replace my familiar with. Hello Sanctum Spell! Don't worry, I won't use it to pack spells higher than 5th level in the discs. Just to produce free-of-charge Simulacra.)

And even if I did, I could still use it to cast Burning Hands (or break a disc to cast it). Because Shadowcraft Mage, remember?

Then I guess we're going to discuss the minutiae of D&D rules, because you agreed that the arrangement for the disc launcher did not preclude drawing the discs the old-fashioned way.

We had already used "fling the discs like ammunition at people" as a means to break them before, so why is it not working now?
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 28, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »
There's no Defend Spirit in my homebrew.
Guard Spirit, Defend Feat, whatever. I can only muster up as much respect for your rules as you do.

Thank you for confirming yet again you're just making stuff up out of thin air.
Your post comes off like, "Hi I'm Ols, Lost once again confused which five letter synonym did what and that will totally convince everyone to forget I just said I have no f'ing idea how Sharktooth Staffs or Grapples work."

And you know what, it'd almost work out for you. We all know your shortcomings well enough the reaction is an eyeroll and Ols just being Ols again. But it you really want to move off Grappling, you have to stop using it every single Encounter or you'll just keep hearing it again and again.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 28, 2018, 05:24:41 PM »
I just consult a flowchart when grappling comes up.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 28, 2018, 09:58:22 PM »
I just consult a flowchart when grappling comes up.
I bet it's a long one.

Also I'm finally home and have a chance to figure out some damage values. Per the recent quote it seems God's Damage Reduction, a self-buffing Class Feature, applies increasing Baha's DR to 20/Magic. No word on Reflex Saves halving damage dealt vs Empyreal/Guard reducing damage taken, going to use them as intended.

(click to show/hide)

So 70 damage sustained, leaving the mech in one piece (like 21hp before regen) thanks to Guard applying anyway and the last two attacks being dropped. And Baha also has -2 Att/Dmg/AC/Saves/DR, Pinning (1/2 movement)x10, Concussive (1/2 dex/dodge bonuses), and Grappled(no dex-to-ac vs others, no threat area, no movement). And I'm not really sure what to do with the shields, but would the Funnels would have wiped out ZERO's remaining energy before the uber blow anyway.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:38:45 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 28, 2018, 11:18:28 PM »
Well, it's more just checking what you don't need to win a grapple check to do in a grapple.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 28, 2018, 11:20:52 PM »
Huh. Wait, mechas can't use built-in melee weapons like reinforced fists while in a grapple?

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 28, 2018, 11:33:17 PM »
Last I checked, they don't count as natural or light.

Kind of tradition that a grappled mecha is screwed if it can't break out (though by the same token, transforming mecha should be able to get out that way :lmao)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 28, 2018, 11:46:13 PM »

Kind of tradition that a grappled mecha is screwed if it can't break out (though by the same token, transforming mecha should be able to get out that way :lmao)

I actually remember Getter Robo specifically being able to get out of grapples by switching forms, but then, it IS a gattai-style mecha.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 29, 2018, 09:57:25 AM »

I actually remember Getter Robo specifically being able to get out of grapples by switching forms, but then, it IS a gattai-style mecha.

Exactly what I was thinking of. Should've said combining, not transforming.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 01, 2018, 09:32:02 AM »
Hey, just to clarify: Chalybdus is using a different weapon from the previous round, so That Won't Work Twice would do nothing?

Also, dissertation complete and submitted.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #750 on: September 01, 2018, 10:13:41 AM »
Hey, just to clarify: Chalybdus is using a different weapon from the previous round, so That Won't Work Twice would do nothing?
Yes. Fists, leg blades.

Also, dissertation complete and submitted.

Congratulations! :)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 01, 2018, 10:23:53 AM »
I finally find an enemy I can survive hits from, and they won't even attack me twice with the same weapon. How rude of them.  :pout 

Oh well. xD

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 03, 2018, 04:56:55 AM »
Divine Fire Mastery ... can duplicate the effect of any spell with the fire descriptor as a standard action
Wren’s Burst Rockets
Evocation [Fire][Earth]
Dibs?

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 03, 2018, 10:39:37 AM »
Revised my latest set of actions, in case no one has seen it.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 04, 2018, 05:12:30 AM »
Divine Fire Mastery ... can duplicate the effect of any spell with the fire descriptor as a standard action
Wren’s Burst Rockets
Evocation [Fire][Earth]
Dibs?

First prove me you've actually read the material you're requesting. Say your artificer minion tries to make a scroll of the spell to use it, what happens?

Then for fun tell me how high is low orbit, aka how high satellites hang around.

Then tell me the normal-» mecha conversion rate and how much range it would take to reach low orbit if you had said normal range amplified to mecha scale.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:35:07 AM by oslecamo »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 04, 2018, 08:49:07 AM »
Whoa Os, you're downright playing....with fire  :flirt

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 04, 2018, 09:17:12 AM »
First prove me you've actually read the material you're requesting.
What no one said anything about a written test? Does that mean I should quiz you on page 14 of the DMG?

Q: Say your artificer minion tries to make a scroll of the spell to use it, what happens?
A: They gain Oslecamo's version of midichlorians. Tiny magical cells that because of using metallic bonds rather than a double layer of lipids so he called them nanomachines. It looks like the campaign has started the merging magic and science like the natives of the world would have done a millionish years ago (depending on timeline).

Q: Then for fun tell me how high is low orbit, aka how high satellites hang around.
A: 99~1,200 miles which makes "Wren’s Positron Bolt" a terrorist's weapon primarily designed around blowing up cheap satellites produced by a barely space-capable generation wanting to cut corners on expenses to make money. This is probably why key communication, navigation, and other geodetic intended satellites use medium orbit, like GPS hangs out around 12,550 miles up. Also, I'm sure the DM would like to remind you that bringing real world physics into a game provokes zombie cat girls...

Q: Then tell me the normal-» mecha conversion rate and how much range it would take to reach low orbit if you had said normal range amplified to mecha scale.
A: That's a double question about zombie cat girls. Anyway, 1mu=6ft or roughly an x6 scale, so the terrorist Wren designed a six thousand mile beam of limited destruction primarily designed at bringing HBO offline. But no one cares about the terrorism.

you can recover 1d12 per CL+Str mod ... deals 1d12 mod damage per CL+Str mod
Two of these Spells include your Strength Modifier to their Caster Level.

Either way you can add your Str mod to the save DC and non-mindless targets can add their Str mod to their save roll. ... Either way you can add your Str mod to the save DC and non-mindless targets can add their Str to their save roll.
Two of these are a combination of Spell Saves & Opposed Strength Checks which is great for the Paladin since they focus on both scores while casters tank one and melees have poor saves & bonuses in the other.

A Reflex save halves the damage and reduces the Blindness and Deafness to 1 round.
One of these doesn't give a f**k if you Save or not as long as glass cannon supremacy is allowed to prevail.

You can use this a total of 4 times per CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... You can make a total of 3 such attacks per CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... You can make a total of 3 such attacks per CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... You can use this a total of 2 times per CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... You can make a total of 1 such attack per CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... The anti-destruction/killed/don’t drop below -1 HP can trigger a total times of 1 per CL after which this spell is expended and ends earlier. ... You can make a total of 1 such attack per 2 CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... You can make a total of 1 such attack per 3 CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first.
And all of them are massively Slot efficient.

I mean heck you already mentioned an Artificer. CL1 Wand of Wren’s Recover is 750gp and heals a bare minimum of 4d12 (26 avg) hp in the hands of a commoner which is 230% more efficient than a Wand of Vigor. Imagine if someone built a gish, a combination of magical augmentation and physical science like a Paladin or God-Dragon, to use these things. In other words, for the first time in the history of your homebrew, you started accepting magic and applied your overpowered scale to that. Why wouldn't I try to call dibs?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:28:01 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 04, 2018, 09:39:15 AM »
First prove me you've actually read the material you're requesting.
What no one said anything about a written test? Does that mean I should quiz you on page 14 of the DMG?

Q: Say your artificer minion tries to make a scroll of the spell to use it, what happens?
A: They gain Oslecamo's version of midichlorians. Tiny magical cells that because of using metallic bonds rather than a double layer of lipids so he called them nanomachines. It looks like the campaign has started the merging magic and science like the natives of the world would have done a millionish years ago (depending on timeline).
Fail.
A Magitech Knight may pick one of the following Saint Script lists and replace spells on her paladin spell list with spells on the Saint Script list of the same level at the rate of 2 paladin spells per Knight Saint spell from that list. Such spells can only be cast by an actual Magitech Knight, no other class, item or ability may replicate them.
You can't make scrolls of Wren's spells at all. Nor wands nor staves nor dorjes, nothing.

Q: Then for fun tell me how high is low orbit, aka how high satellites hang around.
A: 99~1,200 miles which makes "Wren’s Positron Bolt" a terrorist's weapon primarily designed around blowing up cheap satellites produced by a barely space-capable generation wanting to cut corners on expenses to make money. This is probably why key communication, navigation, and other geodetic intended satellites use medium orbit, like GPS hangs out around 12,550 miles up. Also, I'm sure the DM would like to remind you that bringing real world physics into a game provokes zombie cat girls...

Q: Then tell me the normal-» mecha conversion rate and how much range it would take to reach low orbit if you had said normal range amplified to mecha scale.
A: That's a double question about zombie cat girls. Anyway, 1mu=6ft or roughly an x6 scale, so the terrorist Wren designed a six thousand mile beam of limited destruction primarily designed at bringing HBO offline. But no one cares about the terrorism.

Great, because Wren indeed wasn't a terrorist and had to pick a space ship to go blow up the evil castle.

you can recover 1d12 per CL+Str mod ... deals 1d12 mod damage per CL+Str mod
Two of these Spells include your Strength Modifier to their Caster Level.
And then you go back to failing basic math, for sums happen after multiplication. The d12 is multiplied by CL, then you add your Str mod.

Either way you can add your Str mod to the save DC and non-mindless targets can add their Str mod to their save roll. ... Either way you can add your Str mod to the save DC and non-mindless targets can add their Str to their save roll.
Two of these are a combination of Spell Saves & Opposed Strength Checks which is great for the Paladin since they focus on both scores while casters tank one and melees have poor saves & bonuses in the other.
See, you can read when you make an effort.

A Reflex save halves the damage and reduces the Blindness and Deafness to 1 round.
One of these doesn't give a f**k if you Save or not as long as glass cannon supremacy is allowed to prevail.
If you don't have a radar/alternate sense or a way to remove status effects from yourself by that level, it's your own fault.

You can use this a total of 4 times per CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... You can make a total of 3 such attacks per CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... You can make a total of 3 such attacks per CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... You can use this a total of 2 times per CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... You can make a total of 1 such attack per CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... The anti-destruction/killed/don’t drop below -1 HP can trigger a total times of 1 per CL after which this spell is expended and ends earlier. ... You can make a total of 1 such attack per 2 CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first. ... You can make a total of 1 such attack per 3 CL until this spell is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first.
And all of them are massively Slot efficient.

I mean heck you already mentioned an Artificer. CL1 Wand of Wren’s Recover is 750gp and heals a bare minimum of 4d12 (26 avg) hp in the hands of a commoner which is 230% more efficient than a Wand of Vigor. Imagine if someone built a gish, a combination of magical augmentation and physical science like a Paladin or God-Dragon, to use these things. In other words, for the first time in the history of your homebrew, you started accepting magic and applied your overpowered scale to that. Why wouldn't I try to call dibs?

Because it's locked to a specific class and you still fail at basic math too often.

But I'm feeling generous, so Baha and only Baha can use Wren's Rockets as soon as I see you admit all the ways you were wrong in Discord.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:44:51 AM by oslecamo »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 04, 2018, 11:09:02 AM »
A Magitech Knight may pick one of the following Saint Script lists and replace spells on her paladin spell list with spells on the Saint Script list of the same level at the rate of 2 paladin spells per Knight Saint spell from that list. Such spells can only be cast by an actual Magitech Knight, no other class, item or ability may replicate them.
You can't make scrolls of Wren's spells at all. Nor wands nor staves nor dorjes, nothing.
Eh I'm not worried for a myriad of reasons. One of those is that Knight Saint spell limitation comes from the Magitech Knight's Class Feature rather than the Saint Script Spells them selves. Another can be the fact that the entire point of UMD is to pretend you are a specific Class or have specific Class Features anyway. But mostly is the original author is up for hand waving the requirements anyway if I talk about how borked these are in chat.

Lost Today at 10:07 AM
I have been coerced to say I read part of Osl's rules wrong again by being bribed with the ability to abuse those Wren Spells in Osl's mech game. Seems pretty fair don't you think?
Stratovarius Today at 10:08 AM
How does that work?
Lost Today at 10:08 AM
I stopped asking years ago.
```But I'm feeling generous, so Baha and only Baha can use Wren's Rockets as soon as I see you admit all the ways you were wrong in Discord.```
~ http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=18008.msg336431#msg336431
Stratovarius Today at 10:09 AM
This just seems like him playing whack a mole as he breaks different areas

And then you go back to failing basic math, for sums happen after multiplication. The d12 is multiplied by CL, then you add your Str mod.
I like how you consciously emphasized then to explain the formula but subconsciously knew the formula needing clarity and had already used grammar to correct the sentence and that's interesting. I wonder how things would have gone if it said "deals 1d12 per caster level, plus your strength modifier, damage"?

If you don't have a radar/alternate sense or a way to remove status effects from yourself by that level, it's your own fault.
Hell yeah. I mean most pilots only need to see or hear a radar to even use it in the first place but why beat a dead zombiecat over the subject. It's their own fault for not having Blindsense, Scent, or any euphemisms of nude-vision.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 11:17:41 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 04, 2018, 12:46:02 PM »
If you can't see anything, just nuke the entire area.