Author Topic: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow  (Read 177311 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2013, 11:05:52 AM »
Baha hears the music and shrugs off it's effects. If anything it has set her on guard for it doesn't matter if the prototype were her friend or her enemy. Both exist solely because of and for her pleasures, this machine however thinks it's self more and has magically demanded such of her.

She needs an excuse to kill it...
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:07:33 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2013, 05:43:22 AM »
Not quite paying attention to the music with all the fire and explosions of sound still going off all around her, Katherine still pauses in her activity now seeming not quite sure what to with the sudden almost calm that hit the battlefield. But then that machine right infront of her was still acting hostile and she caught up with her thoughts to try to deal with it as best she currently could.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2013, 03:51:52 AM »
She lunged forward until her feet reached the edge of the great gap. She jumped forward to touch the side of the wall so that she may seal the breach.

As to the new being, she wasn't sure how to treat it considering its unclear nature.
If it was an android it would be proper to giver her full ID. If it was anything else, there was not much use for formalities, especially in the middle of combat.
"I am known here as Mao. Deployed for investigation and personnel retrieval."
Looking at her from a bit closer, she seemed awfully military type. Like her.
"What are your objectives and status, Erinye Prototype?"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:54:10 AM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »
"Me? I'm Amaterasu. I'm the one that got you out of that thing. Nice to see you're unharmed by the explosion,"
Incorrect.
Erinye Prototype suffered grave injuries due to sudden initialization.
This temporary shell was created to sustain life systems.
Extensive internal damage still remains.

Erinye Prototype hasn't finished her first sentence before Amaterasu moves, slices the weakened polizeax apart, and then pulls back.

Katherine meanwhile pummels the bot directly in front of her into broken scrap.

Baha bathes in his own atomic power, melting the floor panels directly below him while he feels his wounded flesh reknit itself due to the intense radiation.

Then Mao jumps across the closing chasm that Baha had created, and erects a wall of translucid energy blocking off most of the polizeis reinforcments!

"I am known here as Mao. Deployed for investigation and personnel retrieval."
Looking at her from a bit closer, she seemed awfully military type. Like her.
"What are your objectives and status, Erinye Prototype?"

Objectives: Ensure prolonged existence.
Updated Objectives: Locate unit Maia 486.
This unit-I will not be investigated or retrieved again.
Farewell, Mao.

Then Erinye Prototypes activates the teleporter pad she's standing on and disapears. The last polezi in the corridor steps inside and teleports as well. As soon as they're gone, the two hunters you had just rescued break into a dash towards her position. Laurent jumps across the molten hole in the way and activates a hidden jetpack on his back, while Waber lands on the wall and kicks off himself to the other side with a sudden burst of speed. They move in unisson towards the teleporter, as if nothing else existed around them.

Simultaneously, Mao can hear the remaining polizeis cut off from the corridor where you are quickly moving away from you.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2013, 01:24:46 AM »
As soon as she heard the name of Maia 279's sister, Min-Yung's system alarmed her of the potential significance of this newcomer's appearance and prompted her to maintain contact.
"Please hold, Erinye Prototype. Maia 486 is also a priority objective of ours. Her safety is mandatory. I understand that you are as I am and have been installed into a temporary body. Seeing as you are not a colonist, you are not involved in our task unless you decide to oppose our progress - fair enough - but Maia 486 must be found. I would like to exchange frequencies so that we may cooperate, if you would."
Her subcore was still monitoring the dome so she imagined that if the Erinye Prototype had to be followed or communicated with, it could be done without much trouble. For a little while, at least.

When she would be gone and the other two would run after her, Mao wouldn't try to stop them. She was confident they could drag them back with them if they needed to. For now she preferred to avoid appearing forceful.
They hadn't been introduced, so she'd turn to her allies.
"Are they colonists?"

When that would be done with, she'd go back to the two survivors she had left a few floors below. Safety first.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:51:29 AM by Anomander »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2013, 07:07:35 AM »
"Don't think so. They claimed to be on a mission as well, so I'm guessing they're from off-planet." Hugo replied.

"Apparently the mission includes that girl. From what they told me those damned robots will just keep coming. If I had to take a guess, I'd say someone probably turned the colony's security systems against us. So if we want to keep at this, we'll need to shut down the main computer, or at least undo this mess."
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2013, 03:23:06 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2013, 01:44:03 PM »
Amaterasu made a snap decision: she was going after them. Immediately after the hunters had gone through? She shouted something over her shoulder--asking that someone else try and catch up as backup--and then followed. Now, time to catch up... if not draw even with the Erinye Prototype. She wanted to know exactly what was going on with her, and it wasn't like they needed the entire group to retrieve a few civilians.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2013, 01:50:22 PM »
"*sigh* Why can the crazy ones always materialize miniature suns?"

Hugo decided to go after Amaterasu and the prototype. He hated unknown factors and this was as unknown as it got. He didn't trust the gargantuan lady to handle this delicately and her track record so far was a bit below stellar.

Of course, he couldn't actually HEAR her call. But he got the gist of it. He thought.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2013, 02:00:43 PM »
Mao agreed with Hugo that it was the best course of action. Not only to make any future investigation within the dome safer but also to secure a shelter for the colonists once the situation would be back under control.
She did not agree with Amaterasu, however.
"I believe securing the dome would take priority as far as secondary objectives go. I'll monitor her progress from outside but physically going after her may draw unnecessary hostilities."
If one could choose, it was preferable to avoid going to war. If one had to go to war, it was preferable to avoid making enemies. If one had to have enemies, it was preferable for them to be at each-other's throat.
Erinye Prototype was an unknown factor and unknown factors were dangerous by default, but for the while she was calculated as an acceptable risk.

Once she found the two she had left behind it was quite a relief to see them relatively unharmed.
But there possibly were others to rescue so haste was of the essence.
"Agreed. Do you know where the control room is located?"

If she knew, Mao would quickly relay the information to the others. They might happen to be closer.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2013, 08:07:13 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2013, 12:28:12 PM »
That sealed it. She wasn't letting anyone else get forced into fighting if she could do a thing about it... even though there was that niggling thing at the back of her mind called 'pragmatism' that was urging her to just butcher everything and ask questions later. Slaughter everything, deal with the guilt later; salting the earth was the only way to be absolutely confident that you'd stopped the problem.

She couldn't do that, though.

So, instead, the winged pilot flew up right beside the Erinye Prototype, getting as close as she could to hopefully prevent anyone else from overhearing what she was about to offer, whispering on top of that. "If you want, I could carry you the rest of the distance. I'm sure that's much faster--just give me directions and off we go."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2013, 03:42:40 PM »
"Hey, nuke girl. What are you thinking of doing running up ahead of the slow, slow intelligence officer?"

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2013, 01:44:04 AM »
Mao would like upwards slightly, evaluating.
"Guide. Provide directions. I'll get us there."

The engines of her thrusters began to heat up. She was ready to propel herself wherever she'd point her to. Bringing her through the open ceiling before it reforms if possible.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:44:57 PM by Anomander »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2013, 10:14:44 AM »
Baha looks around, apparently having zoned off watching the floor replace it's self, and notices everyone is off doing something without her. A quick remelt the floor later and she's off to catch up to the candy man. (Hugo, joining the let's not die group)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2013, 11:57:52 AM »
As it seemed to be where almost everyone else was deciding to do, Katherine followed suit and moved to follow after Ammy and co.
"Where are we suppose to be going though...." she offhandedly commented as she went through the teleporter after Baha.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2013, 12:38:56 PM »
Somewhere in the Dome, a red timer in countdown reaches zero...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2013, 05:42:42 AM »
Mao complies, following her directions to the best of her ability.
The suspicious activity that clogged up her senses didn't fail to amplify her alert.
She immediately reported the changes to the others, including Erinye Prototype.
"I have detected a massive amount of unidentified presences all over the structure. They are on the move. Proceed with caution."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2013, 06:34:07 AM »
So... the safe option, where they slowly crept through a facility full of enemies and hoped for the best, or the risky one where everything might come crashing down and kill the group behind her? Amaterasu knew which one she wanted to take.

"If it's less than a mile through these corridors, we can get there before they have chance to do anything," Amaterasu stated, preparing to wrap one arm around the prototype, "If that's enough, say the word, and off we go."

(click to show/hide)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
Baha leaps onto the back of Amaterasu with a wide grin, "Piggy back ride! Piggy back ride. Oh it'll be so fun. You're soooo fast."