Author Topic: Combat - "And hail shall fall from a clear sky"  (Read 5111 times)

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
Combat - "And hail shall fall from a clear sky"
« on: July 23, 2013, 12:53:35 AM »
Combat Thread - In which i try to honestly kill your characters with (mostly) suboptimized clichéd villains (not really)[i hope], and you absolutely butcher the encounters, most of the time, anyway.

Dice Thread: I don't really like the idea of a dice thread, so we'll try to do without one, and see if it works. Rolling either here or on invisible castle is fine! Just try not to edit your posts to avoid that tampered with the dice message - even double post, if it's a lot of rolls or a very long text, so as to avoid that.

And so... It shall begin...
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline dna1

• PbP Game Master
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Re: Combat - "And hail shall fall from a clear sky"
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:01:01 AM »
Blackmill knows he has never been that good at hiding... He decided to take Xander's lead and post down beside him. He gives his new friend an odd grin, and then starts concentrating on whats to come.

((ooc reading an action to cast grease under any of the mounted enemys coming into my spell range.))

initiative 1d20 : 7, total 7

hide 1d20+4 : 9 + 4, total 13

move silent 1d20 : 19, total 19
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 10:14:11 AM »
Bartok does his version of being stealthy.  Instead of running at the caravan yelling intimidatingly, he just walks towards it with his spike chain in hands.  Hearing Urak's yell Bartok realizes he's trying to make a diversion.  Deciding to help, Bartok then proceeds to run at Urak yelling intimidatingly so that Urak has a reason to be yelling for help.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 04:03:23 PM »
Forgot_His_Name does a poor job creeping along on the ground but he doesn't need to. As soon as he is within 25ft. of one of the men his mind lashes out and attempts to crush the other's psych.

(click to show/hide)

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 05:56:21 PM »
The caravan guards see all the racket and assume a defensive position, making a semi-circle around the wagon facing the party. The horses stop...

You hear one of the guards yell: What in the name of God almighty is the reason for all this racket?  If you that are creeping towards us have intent in robbing this wagon, i should let you know that the penalty for assaulting a Church convoy is DEATH, by drawing and quartering. Besides, there is nothing of worth here. This is a prison wagon. Vanish at once or be slayed in the name of God almighty and the Holy Church.

Now that you are all closer, you can see that the guards number in 6. Four outside the wagon, and the two that come out of the wagon to join in protecting the wagon. Two of the guards are holding crossbows at the ready.

So far init count is:

Generic3= 19
Xbow1= 16
Generic4= 15
Raineh_Daze = 14
Xbow2= 13
Generic2= 13
zook1shoe = 10
Linklord231 = 9
dna1 = 8
SorO_Lost = 7
Nanshork = 4
FireInTheSky = 5
Generic1 = 2

K, so that seems to be all of it. Now, in a bit, i'll start posting actions.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:01:38 AM by brujon »
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 05:57:22 PM »
Rolling the guards initiative:

Rolled 1d20+1 : 15 + 1, total 16
- Xbow1
Rolled 1d20+1 : 12 + 1, total 13
- Xbow2
Rolled 1d20+1 : 1 + 1, total 2
- Generic1
Rolled 1d20+1 : 12 + 1, total 13
- Generic2
Rolled 1d20+1 : 18 + 1, total 19
- Generic3
Rolled 1d20+1 : 14 + 1, total 15
- Generic4

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 06:05:33 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 01:43:51 AM »
Qoden's Init: ...4

Qoden follows along behind Bartok and Urak, reaching out and touching both of them on the shoulder, the blue tint to his hair fading slightly. Both can sense and see a faint blue haze rippling around their weapons. As they move closer to the caravan, Qoden hangs back slightly, stopping roughly 100' from the caravan.

(click to show/hide)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 03:32:38 AM »
((wooo! Init 10

Taking the lead of Bartok's shout, cries out in pain by thinking of torture by Dispater's enemies  church... Not... Attack... You... Help... Noooo.... Ahhhh!

continues to move quickly towards the caravan

((I'm not sure how you guys are moving~400+ft in 1 round
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:34:11 AM by zook1shoe »
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 03:37:55 AM »
I was assuming that we were crossing most of the 700'+ distance OOI (out-of-init), but if not, what I posted above are Qoden's intentions.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 03:43:24 AM »
((I guess I assumed we were all still a ways away.

after noticing that his cries are not tricking anyone, starts running towards the caravan. Stopping ~35ft away.
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 11:08:35 AM »
I was assuming that we were crossing most of the 700'+ distance OOI (out-of-init), but if not, what I posted above are Qoden's intentions.

That would be correct. Updating the init count...

Init count updated. Now waiting for last 2 to roll init and post here, and then i'll make a map and start posting actions. Hassin has not acted his surprise round yet, also, and hasn't rolled his init.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:11:21 AM by brujon »

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 02:33:20 AM »
Updating the init count...

Init count updated. Now waiting for last 2 to roll init and post here, and then i'll make a map and start posting actions.
You posted my init as 5, rather than 4. However, it probably doesn't matter, since you have Nan ahead of me anyway, and I highly doubt there will be anyone else worse than what I rolled...   :tongue

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 02:58:30 AM »
Um, watch this space, I have time to post in two hours or so. Also, edited one illumination so that it's actually valid to use (and edited the device somewhat, since we just rested--so, goodbye to the +1 bonus, hello to these things being bizarrely heavy).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:04:26 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 03:57:11 AM »
Oh, I suppose I should better roll initiative.  I kind of assumed at least some of us would be getting a surprise round, what with the +40-ish distance DCs the caravan guards are taking to their opposed Spot and Listen, so I didn't bother to earlier  :p

Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 05:17:39 AM »
Advancing without any attempt at stealth, Brighid measured up their foes, and--out of reflex--which presented the most immediate threat to her person. The crossbowmen--a shooting match, then.

Once in range, both strange weapons were pointed at a single guard. Brightening from gleaming to a spark of the sun, the girl fired. The man, if hit, would find that the bolt was much heavier than anything such as crystallised light should be.

(click to show/hide)

Offline brujon

• Honorary Mod
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 06:35:52 AM »
Rhino is not with you... It's in Corbridge

EDIT: I'll go ahead and post the actions of the guards in a bit... Raineh Daze, i think i might have missed your init?
EDIT2: Nvm, 14 init.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:59:46 AM by brujon »