Author Topic: Chapter 2 - Race to the bottom  (Read 13202 times)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 2 - Race to the bottom
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2020, 01:54:49 PM »
Lining up another shot from his greatbow, Saethwr drills his target dead centre, unfortunately to little effect.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2020, 02:02:49 PM »
The grave elemental doesn't appreciate to get shot at and steps forward to slash its appendages at Saethwr, hurting him severely in one one-two punch.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 03:13:06 PM by Skyrock »

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2020, 04:58:23 PM »
Karlat, sensing the danger that his cohort is in, pulls the wounded Saethwr towards him, out of harm's reach.

Knowing he has to keep the enemy busy for at least a moment, Cwalu unsheathes his longsword, stepping forward and striking at the creature before him.
(click to show/hide)

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2020, 05:44:54 PM »
Hank laughs out loud as he dances with flaming blades bared. "Hahaha! Back me up, Calim! I think I'm...feeling invincible!"

Calim Hakota, conductor of the Svyata Nadezdha, shakes his head and chuckles "Saints preserve us..."
Then he yells as he loads his sling,"You continue to prove that there's a fine line between faith and madness, Hanchrevanu Kess!" At that the conductor begins nodding his head in time to his whirling sling. The glowing orb hovering next to his shoulder begins to beat in time with an otherworldly modulation. After four intonations Calim hurls his rock and Hank begins "Target on my back..."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2020, 06:03:13 PM »
The southern-most grave elemental takes a step forward to swing with all its might at those in the niche. Having seen Mist blinding its comrade, and considering her the easier target, it swings with full force at her, hitting her hard once. The second swing comes with too much fury, overshooting her small form by a large margin.

(click to show/hide)

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2020, 06:37:40 PM »
Mist curses from the hit, before a devilish smile appears on her face. This clod of dirt wishes to be returned to the earth.

She materializes her weapon as Hazy moves to spread misfortune to the elemental. She handles it more carefully, using it to also shore up the gaps in her defenses.

(click to show/hide)
Hmm.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2020, 07:38:39 PM »
Relaxing as one of the creatures go down, Yuki sizes up the final enemy, her eyes examining the elemental before lashing out again, shadows wrapping her fist.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 07:42:17 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2020, 07:41:24 PM »
The creature crumbles before Yuki's might, returning dust to dust. Only one left standing...

https://beta.ditzie.com/97590/5ecda8eabfc95

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2020, 09:36:57 PM »
Hank sings "Who can touch me 'cause I..."
"I'm made of fi-re!," continues Calim signing.

Hank sheathes his blades and unstraps his bow.

(click to show/hide)

"Friends, to me!   Hold . . .  and . . . FIRE!"

Hank's bow blazes.  His fiery arrows and his followers' missiles streak forth as one toward the elemental monstrosity. 

Rolls
Map

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2020, 11:40:10 AM »
When a grave elemental bites it, it's never a pretty sight. No two dirt clods go out the same way. Some yell and scream, some go quietly, some explode, some implode. But, all will try and take you with them. Luckily for you, none of the elementals in this room will ever try to take you with them, or anyone else for that matter.

In the quiet after the battle, you notice that the lid of the stone sarcophagus has gone of a bit.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2020, 11:42:38 AM »
"Someone's in there. Fire...?" Yuki says, shrugging and turning around to look at the sarcophagus again. Might as well try and get it open now the defenders are decomposed...

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2020, 11:53:42 AM »
The lid gives easily way to Yuki, revealing it being filled with loose earth  - like a grave. The source of the voice seems to lie within. "...in there, fire?"

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2020, 12:38:31 PM »
(click to show/hide)

"I think it's copying what we say." Hank thinks back to his schooling trying to remember anything about coffin-living copycat entities.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2020, 12:50:36 PM »
"-opying what we say?"

Hank knows nothing about any monsters of that kind, but knows that people whose sanity has been attacked and shattered sometimes react by unconsciously repeating everything that is said in their vicinity.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2020, 01:11:06 PM »
Deciding that if whatever it was would have attacked if it was able to by now, Yuki starts digging through the loose earth with her hands. It couldn't be that deep in a sarcophagus, after all.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2020, 01:22:19 PM »
Just a couple of feet in, Yuki uncovers a rather large Krevbornski shepherd dog, stiff as a corpse. As soon as it is uncovered, it revives and start to frantically dig down.

About five feet down, the dog uncovers a redheaded woman, very pale as if she hadn't been in the sunlight for years. She resembles the description you have received of Nadja Ovlova a lot, although if that were she and she were still alive, she would be obviously too young - this girl doesn't seem to be any older than Tanya.

The redhead looks very scared and frightened, her clothing reduced to worm-ridden rags and her skin covered in very old, black-crusted blood. As soon as she revives, fresh blood gushes once again from her wounds at a worrying pace. She is obviously in too much pain to even move herself and will perish soon if nothing is done to help her.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 02:18:11 PM by Skyrock »

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2020, 02:34:50 PM »
Mist recognizes the woman as fellow planetouched and immediately activates a wand to help stabilize her injury, before vacating the spot to let someone more expert do the rest.

"It's okay. You're safe now. Let me grant you my protection." she says, and casts a spell.

(click to show/hide)
Hmm.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2020, 02:39:51 PM »
"-afe now? -otection?" The girl still seems scared, but to be in much less pain and a bit calmer now. Her wounds close, and she seems able to move herself safely.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2020, 02:50:24 PM »
"Do you remember your name?" Mist asks with a friendly smile. "My name is Mist. These are my friends. Do you want to come with us?"
Hmm.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2020, 03:03:34 PM »
"-ome with us?" She blinks, snapping out of the worst of her stupor. "I - I don't who I am, or how I came here. Only that there are those things, living in those walls, out there to catch me and hold me prisoner and do horrible things to me." She fearfully glances at the ground. "I will go anywhere with you where it is safer, where those... things won't follow me. They do such horrible things, you wouldn't believe..." She digs in her rags and clutches at something that seems like a small figurine, loosely held by a moldy leather neckband, as if touching it could protect her.
(click to show/hide)

The dog barks happily in the graven soil, and intensifies its digging expedition as if it had found something it really wanted to get out.