Author Topic: (At Least) One Feat A Day  (Read 45892 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: (At Least) One Feat A Day
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2014, 06:57:41 PM »
Extrude Personality Shard [Psionic]
Your Psicrystal shares your mental parasite.
Prerequisites: Psicrystal Affinity, at least one [Host] feat.
Benefit: Your Psicrystal shares the benefits of any Host feats you might have.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2014, 07:15:37 PM »
I was thinking of something almost opposite - reducing metamagic costs through reducing effective caster level (you skip a component or two, the spell still works but is less powerful)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:21:09 PM by Braininthejar »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2014, 10:26:52 PM »
Concerto for Laser and Enemy [General]
Your music can strike down your foes; a strum of the lute can bring fire down on their heads.
Prerequisites: Dragonfire Inspiration
Benefits: As long as you have an Inspire Courage effect modified by Dragonfire Inspiration active, you may make a Ranged Touch Attack with a 60' range as a Standard action; creatures you hit take damage of a type and amount equal to the damage bonus from Dragonfire Inspiration.

Anyone want to suggest any other really good videogame music?
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2014, 10:33:30 PM »
Swashbuckling Gunslinger [General]
You can apply some of the techniques you apply to guns to other weapons.
Prerequisites: Must possess at least one Deed, Weapon Finesse.
Benefits: You may treat any weapons you can apply the benefits of Weapon Finesse to as if they were a one-handed firearm for the purposes of any Deeds you have, as well as for the purposes of recovering Grit. For the purposes of Deeds, any attack made within your natural reach (5' for Medium creatures) are considered to be within the first range increment.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:36:05 PM by Amechra »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2014, 11:16:27 PM »
Sword and Shield Style [Fighter]
You are exceptionally proficient at fighting in a defensive fashion.
Prerequisites: Shield Specialization
Benefits: As long as you are wielding a Light or One-Handed weapon in one hand and a Light or Heavy shield in the other, you do not take any penalties to your attack rolls due to fighting Defensively. In addition, increase the number of attacks of opportunity you may make each round by 1.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »
Sword and Shield Style [Fighter]
You are exceptionally proficient at fighting in a defensive fashion.
Prerequisites: Shield Specialization
Benefits: As long as you are wielding a Light or One-Handed weapon in one hand and a Light or Heavy shield in the other, you do not take any penalties to your attack rolls due to fighting Defensively. In addition, increase the number of attacks of opportunity you may make each round by 1.
Does this interact with Combat Expertise at all? Total Defense (AC bonus?)?

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2014, 01:43:31 AM »
Not right now, it doesn't.

I mean, my "replacement" for Combat Expertise is an always-on War Devotion based off your BAB instead of your Cleric level. Which would interacts quite well with Sword and Shield Style.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2014, 11:13:27 PM »
One-Handed Style [General]
You have a style predicated on precision above all else.
Prerequisites: Weapon Finesse, Improved Feint
Benefits: As long as you are wielding a Light or One-Handed weapon in your main hand and nothing in your off-hand, you may Feint as part of a Move action, and you may choose to make your melee attacks against Flat-Footed creatures touch attacks. If you do so, they may apply their Dexterity bonus to AC against that one attack.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 24, 2014, 02:35:28 PM »
... Huh. Because you grant them their DEX back, despite being flat-footed, a rogue wouldn't get to sneak-attack.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2014, 09:04:06 PM »
That's kinda the point; you can still pull off a Sneak Attack if you are Flanking the other guy.

I mean, you can use this with Maneuvers and the like; it's not like you'd go for Sneak Attack one handed, anyway.

On a different note: TraceChaos, I am currently doing research into the best way to do SPIRIT EATING; I, however, do not have enough data points to write the feats right now.

But, yes, I am working on them.

Offline TraceChaos

• I've turned into a monster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2014, 09:05:55 PM »
That's kinda the point; you can still pull off a Sneak Attack if you are Flanking the other guy.

I mean, you can use this with Maneuvers and the like; it's not like you'd go for Sneak Attack one handed, anyway.

On a different note: TraceChaos, I am currently doing research into the best way to do SPIRIT EATING; I, however, do not have enough data points to write the feats right now.

But, yes, I am working on them.
Awesome times, glad to hear it.

In the mean time, I'm reading your feats otherwise, which are neat times.
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2014, 09:17:06 PM »
Oh, right, a feat. Gotcha:

A Thousand Lashing Blades [Fighter]
You have mastered a very specific method of fighting with two weapons.
Prerequisites: Two-Weapon Fighting
Benefits: Whenever you successfully make an attack with a light or one-handed melee weapon, you gain a stacking +2 Circumstance bonus on attack and damage rolls made with a weapon held in your other hand. This bonus lasts until either the end of your round, or the beginning of your next round, whichever comes first.

Basically, a reason to build up your number of attacks. To give an example:

Give a Whirling Frenzy Barbarian TWF and a pair of light weapons; their full attacks look like -4/-4/-4.

With this feat, their full attacks look like either -4/-4/+0 or -4/-2/-2, depending on the order in which they take their attacks. The first version gives them +4 damage on the last attack, the second gives +2 damage on every attack but the first.

Hmm... it might need to scale a bit more.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2014, 09:56:41 PM »
Basic idea:

Devour Spirit [General]
You have been cursed with the need to eat spirits.
Prerequisites: DM permission, must be cursed with a terrible affliction of some sort.
Benefits: You may use Inflict Light Wounds as a spell-like ability at-will; you may only target Spirits with this spell-like ability, and it deals raw Untyped damage instead of Negative Energy damage. In addition, you regain HP equal to 1/2 of the damage you dealt. If you manage to kill a Spirit with this spell-like ability, you gain the benefits of a Death Knell effect using that creature's HD.

At ECL 5, your Inflict Light Wounds spell-like ability instead mimics Inflict Moderate Wounds; at ECL 9, it improves to Inflict Serious Wounds, and at ECL 13, to Inflict Critical Wounds.

However, this power comes with a curse; you must kill a Spirit with this spell-like ability at least once a day, or else take damage equal to twice your ECL upon next resting. This damage is the same Untyped damage as your Inflict spell-like ability, and cannot be prevented or redirected in any way.

What is a Spirit?
(click to show/hide)

Devour Soul [Vile]
You have learned how to feed off innocent mortal creatures.
Prerequisites: Devour Spirit, Any Evil Alignment
Benefits: You may target any living creature with the spell-like ability granted by Devour Spirit; however, they aren't as filling as a Spirit. You must kill 3 living creatures with the spell-like ability to prevent the damage dealt for not killing a Spirit. Animals are considered to be 1/2 of a creature, Good or innocent creatures are considered to be 2 creatures, and Good innocent creatures are considered to be 3 creatures.

Innocent?
(click to show/hide)

Eternal Rest [General]
You have learned to feast on the binding energies of dead souls.
Prerequisites: Devour Spirit, Any non-Evil Alignment
Benefits: You may target any Undead with the spell-like ability granted by Devour Spirit; in addition, you consider all Intelligent Undead to be Spirits for the purposes of the Devour Spirit feat.

Offline TraceChaos

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2014, 10:12:04 PM »
Those feats look great! Is at-will appropriate for it, though?
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2014, 10:25:32 PM »
Yep.

You're dealing less than the damage of a longsword as a standard action to a limited range of creatures.

Offline TraceChaos

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2014, 11:03:45 PM »
True, but it's a spell-like, and you cant ake the quicken spell-like ability feat, meaning I could... do ti twice a roudn. Okay yeah, at will seems fair. Sorta.

It progresses with more HD though.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2014, 02:31:54 AM »
I have a confession to make everyone:

This is starting to feel more like a chore than, you know, fun.

So I think I'm going to take a few days off to recharge the juice, as it were.