Author Topic: (At Least) One Feat A Day  (Read 45893 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: (At Least) One Feat A Day
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 08:36:40 PM »
I'd prefer if people post their feats in another thread; I kinda want to just have my feats here, so I can keep an eye on my progress. I also have issues with participation; once other people start chipping in on something, I find myself backing away. A terrible quirk, but it is what it is.

But I strongly encourage people to post their feats! Just not here.

I don't see Caroling Hellwalker as epic; but then again, my idea of epic is... out there.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2014, 10:46:26 PM »
Lightning Storm Body [General]
Honestly, you are a hazard to be around. No, really; we're not sure why you are just shooting lightning everywhere, but you totally are.
Prerequisites: Storm Bolt, Chaotic Mind
Benefits: You may use Storm Bolt as a Swift action; however, instead of going in the direction of your choice, roll a d8 and determine the direction as if you had missed with a splash weapon.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 11:05:26 PM »
Why would I ever want to use that?

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2014, 12:48:48 AM »
Swift action and party of Lesser Mechanatrix.

:P

But yeah, it is crap. I had to make at least one that is completely without value.

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2014, 06:48:05 AM »
I don't see Caroling Hellwalker as epic; but then again, my idea of epic is... out there.

Well, causing the environment to pause and listen is something right out of Greek mythology. Orpheus did that  :cool

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2014, 08:09:01 AM »

Well, causing the environment to pause and listen is something right out of Greek mythology. Orpheus did that  :cool

Orpheus is one of the least epic things. :p

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »
Venomous Lyrics [Bardic]
Your lyrics drip with satire and venom, and your tea ceremonies are just plain vicious.
Prerequisites: Poison Mastery, Lingering Song, Perform (Any) 8 ranks, Bardic Music
Benefits: As part of beginning any Bardic Music effect that benefits from Lingering Song, you may consume a single dose of any poison, leaving it dripping in your words and motions; this does not poison you, holding the venom in potentia within your song. When you stop sustaining your performance, any enemy within 30' is exposed to the poison you consumed as if they had been exposed to it normally.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2014, 09:35:51 PM »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2014, 09:51:50 PM »
This comes to mind.

Exactly.

Remind me to post the race this was "designed" for; so much body horror, so much body horror.*

*: Take the Zerg, Illithids, and Annelids; mix in a blender. Add a reproductive cycle that requires parasitism combined with a particular poison, and...

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2014, 11:46:28 PM »
I didn't realize that this was a daily challenge until I saw it in the "new posts since last visit" section.

First you, then me with my own writing challenge.

You and me, Amechra, we're starting something big here on Min-Max!

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »
I didn't realize that this was a daily challenge until I saw it in the "new posts since last visit" section.

First you, then me with my own writing challenge.

You and me, Amechra, we're starting something big here on Min-Max!

I hope!

Pious Iconoclast [Faith]
You have been chosen to disrupt the normal workings of your faith, so as to bring renewal.
Prerequisites: Knowledge (Religion) 2 ranks, One Faith feat.
Benefit: You may consider any orthodox institution or practice of your religion as a rival of your faith. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus on Will saves against Divine spells.
Special: Upon taking this feat, you gain 4 Faith points.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2014, 10:52:27 PM »
The name of that feat makes me sad.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2014, 01:05:35 AM »
Sorry, I had to.

(The closest comparison would be kind of like calling something Infantloving Babyhater.)

Offline Leviathan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2014, 01:20:42 AM »
Not really. Piety is just devotion, and an iconoclast destroys icons - physical symbols. A pious iconoclast might destroy icons because he or she believes they get in the way of a direct connection between a worshiper and his or her god(s).

There are a lot of people (in the United States; I don't know about in other countries) who say they are "spiritual but not religious" - that is, they have some belief system that might be called a religion, but they don't like the formal organizations that tend to accompany religion.

Another possibility is if you believe that the organizations of your religion are actually heretical - they misinterpret scripture or prophecy, they abuse their power, they're just in it for the money, .... Every sufficiently extensive reform movement has to make room for itself in people's minds (if not in physical space) by destroying and replacing whatever came before it.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2014, 11:06:58 PM »
Psychic Rage [Racial]
Your mind isn't clouded by your rage; in fact, it almost seems sharpened by your frenzied anger.
Prerequisites: Ability to Rage or Frenzy, Channeled Rage, any one Psionic feat, Half-Orc.
Benefit: Whenever you enter Rage, you also regain your Psionic Focus; if you are already psionically focused, you may hold an additional Psionic Focus for the duration of the Rage.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2014, 11:43:28 PM »
Cybernetic Augmentations [Cybernetic]
You have a certain level of permanent upgrades to your body.
Prerequisites: Activate Module, Con 13
Benefits: Select one Module that you can activate; you gain that Module as an Integrated Module.
Special: Your activator level increases by +1 for each time you select this feat, to a maximum of your total Hit Dice.)

Radioactive Metabolism [Cybernetic, Phazon]
Your body produces a certain amount of natural radioactive energy.
Prerequisites: Activate Module, must not have the [Phazon] subtype.
Benefits: You gain the [Phazon] subtype, as well as a separate pool of Phazon energy equal to your Phazon Tolerance.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:23:32 PM by Amechra »

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2014, 12:17:02 AM »
Cybernetic Augmentations [Cybernetic]
You have a certain level of permanent upgrades to your body.
Prerequisites: Activate Module, Con 13
Benefits: Select one Module that you can activate; you gain that Module as an Integrated Module.

Radioactive Metabolism [Cybernetic, Phazon]
Your body produces a certain amount of natural radioactive energy.
Prerequisites: Activate Module, must not have the [Phazon] subtype.
Benefits: You gain the [Phazon] subtype, as well as a separate pool of Phazon energy equal to your Phazon Tolerance.

Cool that you're still thinking about PoC, Amechra. I can scarcely believe it's been nearly a full year since I last worked on it.

If you want to be consistent with the idiosyncrasies I put in, both of those feats, being Cybernetic feats, should have that mini-practiced activator bonus (Special: Your activator level increases by +1 for each time you select this feat, to a maximum of your total Hit Dice.)

Radioactive Metabolism, though, is way too potent (about 4-5 feats worth, if I had accurately valued these ones). The Phazon energy alone (alongside the subtype's tolerance) is worth 1-2 feats depending on level, as one feat is supposed to be worth 2 energy with Extra Energy (from MoI's Bonus Essentia feat).

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2014, 11:23:44 PM »
Guerrilla Warfare [Fighter]
You can melt in and out of combat like a ghost.
Prerequisites: Hide 4 ranks, BAB +1
Benefits: You no longer have a range limitation for the Sniping function of the Hide skill, and may choose to perform a melee attack instead of a ranged attack if your target is within your reach.
Normal: You must be at least 10' away from the creature you wish to snipe, and you may only make ranged attacks while Sniping.

Stabbing Shadow [Ambush]
You move around like a shadow; when the guard reaches the scene of crime, you're not there.
Prerequisites: Sneak Attack +3d6, Guerrilla Warfare, Hide 8 ranks
Benefits: Your successful Sneak Attack while Sniping reduces your penalty to hide yourself again to -10. Using this feat reduces your Sneak Attack dice by 2d6.

Jungle Shadow [Fighter]
No one knows exactly where you are, once you've struck and moved on; you could really be anywhere.
Prerequisites: Guerrilla Warfare, Hide 8 ranks, Move Silently 8 ranks
Benefits: You may hide yourself after sniping as part of a Move action.
Normal: Hiding yourself after sniping is a Move action.

Disguise-Cracking Flurry [Fighter]
You are adept at striking people who least expect it. Like the people who don't realize that you are only dressed like a debutante.
Prerequisites: Bluff 4 ranks, Disguise 4 ranks.
Benefits: Whenever you attack a creature while disguised, you may make a Bluff check as a move action to avoid breaking your disguise; any creature who fails the opposed check dismisses the attack as an accident or being entirely within character. You don't have to use this feat if it would be entirely within character to attack that creature.
Special: Any ability or effect that would reduce your penalties to Hide checks due to Sniping also reduce the bonus that other creatures gain against your Bluff due to circumstances, to a minimum of -5.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2014, 05:17:17 PM »
I'll do it early tonight, instead of "15 minutes before Midnight". That makes sense to me!

Blacklisted Heart [General]
Your mind has a couple... useful cracks that you can crawl through.
Benefits: Upon taking this feat, select a single Descriptor; you cannot be forced to use any effect with that Descriptor due to any Calling, Charm, Compulsion, or Summoning effect.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2014, 05:34:51 PM »
A feat on... very very selective mind control denial?