Author Topic: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation  (Read 46444 times)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
Re: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2013, 08:29:34 AM »
"Engaging the ant on the left!"
Bagra launches and moves into the fight raising his mech's sword over its head and chopping down fast.

(click to show/hide)
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2013, 04:28:17 AM »
Cashile quickly zips out of the hold and takes position near the ship. He's more wary of the capabilities of the monster now after that last one tore through his mecha like a hot plasma knife through reinforce steel. He aims his rail gun at the Spitfire and a resounding THWUMP indicates he has fired.

(click to show/hide)
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »
Vail sets one Armored Ant and Spitkill aflame, filling the air with the smell of burnt organics.

"Hey, watch out! We don't want to be cooked alive!"
-comes a transmission from the crashed ship.

Alexia's crew only manages to hit one missile on the side of the burning spitkill, understandable since they're trying to not hit the wrecks where the survivors are.

Antares railgun proves deadly acurrate however, riping an hole straight trough the monster's main body, that then falls convulsing and hissing in the ground before finally it stops moving!

With the Spitkill ended, Cashile takes aim at the nearest Armored Ant. A large burst of orange blood indicates the place where the supersonic shot penetrated its shell, but the monster seems far from finished.

Bagra deploys right after, but once more finds himself miscalculating the distance to his target and struggling just to keep his machine upwards. However Alexia this time was ready and instantly relays corrections to the Gespent. Bagra thus manages to strike the monster right from above! His chainsword starts tearing trough the biomonster's tick shell, that seems to be resisting for a moment-and then suddenly cracks along the wound inflicted by Cashille. From there Bagra's swords rips right trough the Armored Ant's soft insides, reaching all the way to the ground. The two halves still twitch for a few moments before they lay inert.

Shatterscale once more takes cover, waiting for an opening from the biomonsters.

The last,  burning armored ant advances towards Vail, trying to hit his machine with its mandibles but failing to penetrate his plating.

Then those of you in the ground can hear a sudden rumbling and the ground erupts at three points around you, more armored ants emerging from the ground, while some of you manage to spot in time what looked like a rock start moving and changing color, anotther Spitkill!

What you don't notice fast enough is the two other Spitkills skulking on top of two other rock formations, suddenly rising and unleashing long and thin streams of acid aimed at Antares and Cashile, filling the nearby air with noxious vapors!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:50:05 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2013, 04:23:15 PM »
"Tch!"

Antares suppressed a curse over the comm as his Lion was splattered with acid. The plating was not particularly resillient, but his systems were still operational.

Thankfully, his physiology protected him from the fumes of the noxious assault, but they seemed to wreak havoc on his targetting system's correction, causing his retaliatory shot to veer off more than he expected.

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2013, 05:42:16 PM »
Seeing the spitkill detonate, Vail cracks a smile as he focuses on the flame wreathed ant that failed to damage him. Taking a swift step, just far enough to get out of its range, he unloads point blank twin missile fire.

Even as he does so, the fire continues burn and hamper the ant. 

(click to show/hide)

Initiative = 5
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:31:12 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2013, 04:27:01 AM »
"Hyurkk" Cashile fights back a rising lump of bile in his throat. He hadn't been scanning for a potential ambush at all. Stupid! The Spitkill had taken him completely by surprise. His body, acting on it's own accord, continues to function despite his concentration seemingly being solely on not making a mess in his cockpit. In the back of his mind a voice, unheeded, cautions ... focus fire...

(click to show/hide)
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2013, 12:20:37 PM »
Bartok quickly moves in to engage the Ant that burst out of the ground next to him, burning some of his fuel in order to be sure of piercing its carapace.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
"Thanks for the correction, captain!"

Bagra realizes the peril the snake-like biomonsters represent. Then he circles around the one at his seven o'clock to nullify its terrain advantage.

(click to show/hide)
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2013, 12:14:59 AM »
With Bagra on the move towards the giant snake, Shatterscale saw his own opportunity, scurrying along towards the burning ant. Something caught in a vent, however, making a noise like a pot smacking the ground. Hopefully, the sound was drowned out by battle.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2013, 09:01:35 PM »
Once again, Alexia sent information to allies, regretting the incredibly short range the ship's current communications offered. Then, again, a salvo of missiles was fired. Hopefully more successfully.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2013, 12:51:28 PM »
Antares shot blows apart one of the spitkill's limbs, and then Bagra comes in from behind the biomonster, driving his gespent's chainsword trough its back and shreding the monster's torso to pieces. Not as elegant as he intended, but the biomonster is finished.

Vail rains down missiles on the burning giant ant closing on him while pulling back, the biomonster aparently refusing to die, and then it suddenly falls over itself and stops moving. Then Vail notices  Shatterscale behind the dead body, his robotic claws driven deep in the chinks on the biomonster's carapace.

He doesn't have much time to favor his kill however, as the other near armored ant charges him from behind, breaking his torso plating and and crashing him into the ground!

Bartok punch cracks his target's carapace, but the biomonster seems ready for more and quicly counter attacks, driving its mandibles onto the gespent and trying to knock it over. Bartok manages to make his machine hold firm.

Alexia orders a salvo on the nearest Armored Ant while helping Cashile on her moment of sickness. The biomonster's heavy carapace is barely left dented from the explosions, while Cashille manages to wound the eastern spitkill, but not finish it off.

The two remaining spitkills shoot more acid towards you, but now you've caught on the suprise and manage to dodge out of the way while taking just minor, harmless splatters of the corrosive fluid.

Then the biomonster that The Illustrious had just attacked turns towards it, and its legs suddenly extend to over double the length of the other Armored Ants you're facing! As the Mutant Ant leaps trough the air, its mandibles tearing themselves apart to reveal row after row of serrated teeths inside, and as it impacts against the flying ship, it attaches itself to its hull with its "mouth". Alexia and the crew inside then can hear multiple tearing sounds as the biomonster's teeth start eating trough the ship's plating at horrifying speed.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »
"Thanks for the assist, Shatterscale. Returning favor, firing on the bug in your face."

Vail must have been trying too hard, however, as his attacks were far from precisely on target.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »
Bartok's Gespent avoids taking any serious damage as he immediately counterattacks.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2013, 09:58:40 PM »
"Vail, watch it! You turned your back to a Spitkill."

Seeing that the enemy attacking The Illustrious is being taking care of, Bagra decides to charge the Ant threatening the downed ship and Shatterscale. But the tight curve he was forced to do to avoid stepping at the ship ruined his attack.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2013, 07:27:35 PM »
"Why you little!"

Turning the Lion's frame sideways a bit, Antares went all-out with the vulcans, then cautiously retreated (still on top of the Illustrious) and attempted MASSIVE! RETALIATION!! with his missiles.

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2013, 02:59:12 AM »
Out of the corner of his eye, Cashile notices the biomonster flying towards the Illustrious. The sudden transformation causes Cashile to whistle softly to himself.

"New primary target acquired," Cashile remarks once it becomes obvious the biomonster has eyes only for the Captain's ship. "Let's blow this creep outta the sky."

His finger's crossed, Cashile quickly locks on and fires his Vulcan's at the monster. As the ant crashes into the ship his rail gun cracks down onto it's carapace. The motion, having now spun his gespent facing the ant, allows Cashile to push off the monster, and he gains a few mu distance before unleashing a devastating salvo of missiles from point blank range.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2013, 06:06:16 PM »
The lights dimmed as the monstrous ant was buried in a salvo of missiles, and Alexia winced at the damage to her precious ship. 'Precious' in the metaphorical sense; in the physical it was a half-functional heap of junk where the structure looked like Swiss Cheese and the core was mostly burnt out. Hence why the damage sustained appeared to have just cut half the ship's lighting.

Everything was very noir all of a sudden.

"Is anyone hurt?" Alexia asked, glad that nobody appeared to have been hurt despite the damage sustained--fortunately, the bow wasn't somewhere anyone was likely to be.

"Fire and reload."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »
Shatterscale opened a transmission to the ship before promptly cutting communications.

"Alexia, I'm going to need a pickup for Simleon once the hostiles are cleared. Also someone willing to give me a lift on their mecha for any similarly large hostiles."

With that, he whistled to grab the ant's attention and stood up, waiting for its retaliation and calibrating the escape pod.

"Right in that smugass invertebrate's smugass face." He said with a toothy grin and a manic look in his eye.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2013, 01:14:40 PM »
In response to Shatterscale's request, Bagra says "I'm on it!"

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2013, 07:18:50 AM »
Vail's machine steps back and fires a new salvo of missiles, but fails to get a proper lock on the armored ant due to its proximity with both Simleon and the crashed ship so close to it. The missiles end up exploding at its side, and the biomonster's carapace resists the explosions.

Bartok keeps up his assault, punching the Armored Ant next to him again and again until it's a twitching pile of purple fluids and broken carapace bits.

Cashille and Antares react quickly to the mutant attacking the Illustrious, wearing it down with their vulcans and railgun blows before steping away in opposite directions and finishing it off with synchronized missile salvos from opposite directions! When the smoke clears there's no trace left of the biomonster, but Alexia's crew reports in the appearance of multiple meseta crystals on the damaged areas.

Bagra closes in with the next target, but as he swings down his sword a small explosion from the crashed ship damaged parts distracts the pilot in the critical moment, making his chainsword drop with the flat side on the armored ant's body, dealing no damage.

Shatterscale, seeing his allies didn't manage to deal with the close enemy, bravely makes his machine stand up while exposing himself to the biomonster's mandibles. The armored ant instantly takes the opportunity and tears into the weakened Simleon's frame, shredding the machine's torso. As it falls apart, Shatterscale's escape pod shoots out aimed at the monster's head, impacting right on target! The armored ant doesn't seem to notice that detail as it quickly turns around and viciously lunges at Bagra's machine, managing to penetrate between the mecha's protective platings.

Alexia orders a new salvo against one of the remaining spitkills, but her crew clearly is still recovering from the last damage as the missiles just hit the base of the rocky formation where the biomonster is standing. The Spitkill replies by unleashing a new load of acid at the Illustrious, toxic fumes entering trough the damaged compartments.

The other Spitkill takes aim at Bartok and scores a sucessful hit as well, burning the gespent's metal pauldron.

Yes!-cheers an excited transmission from the crashed ship-Finish off those ugly things! Just three more to go!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)