Author Topic: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)  (Read 172867 times)

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2012, 03:42:01 AM »
Kel starts walking, keeping an eye out for anything.

(click to show/hide)

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2012, 06:35:55 AM »
(click to show/hide)
"Hello? We're here to see Stitch. It's about a shipment," Rald gently calls out as he follows Kel further into the room.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2012, 08:21:31 AM »
"By all means, do come in." a voice calls out from the darkness, the accent is unmistakably Coruscanti-Imperial.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:05:55 PM by Melblen_Cairn »
Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2012, 08:57:24 PM »
Map
(click to show/hide)

As you move forward, you see more stacked plasteel crates. You also see a barrel leaking some viscous fluid onto the floor. Missing deck plates to your right reveal pipes and energy conduits, one if corroded through and sparks slightly. You also see that ahead the room opens up more and the exhaust shaft you had seen on the design plans you sliced run up right through the midst of the room. A walkway bisects the shaft. On it, seated behind what looks to be a desk is a dark form. The form is blacker than the surrounding darkness, even lit by the dim lights from the computers in the desk. Next to the dark being stands an easily identified astromech droid.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2012, 09:17:22 PM »
Silten slithers forward to join his advancing comrades.

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2012, 06:26:21 AM »
Kel approaches the desk while cautiously whispering to Rald over his shoulder You'd better do the talking here. You seem to be good at it.

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
Giving his attention to the seated individual, Rald accompanies Kel forward to the desk. "Should we take it you are Stitch?" he queries, searching the response for the truth.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »
You proceed forward. The light from the lantern falls on the desk which is an ornate piece of furniture carved from a piece of Japor Ivory wood, a rare and priceless treasure. Soon the figure behind the desk is illuminated by your approach and you can clearly see the one addressing you is a protocol droid with all black coverings. It's red eyes flicker as if blinking.

"Greetings. Yes, I am Switch and this is my counterpart R5-B8. I was expecting you. Would you like to make yourselves comfortable, or would you rather conduct business standing? Would you care for a drink?" the Droid asks.

You notice some movement behind the pair of droids in the shadows a male Twi'lek stands in the shadows. Not really hiding but stays waiting nearby.

Map
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:05:42 PM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2012, 11:46:10 PM »
Silten settles down onto his coils.  Dealing with droids is a situation that he is much more comfortable with.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »
With a gesture, Switch signals the Twi'lek, who must function as a majordomo or servant of some kind, and he brings out three chairs.

To the third chair, Switch indicates "In case your friend decides to come join us, instead of guarding the door.", the droid continues "Would you care for some refreshment, I have quite the extensive collection?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
    • The additional vestige collection for all you Binder players out there.
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2012, 02:02:50 AM »
"I'll rather keep an eye out here if it's all the same to you. You don't seem to be... eh.. living, in the most friendly area. ThankĀ“s for the offer though."
Corran seems to not really know how to talk to Switch, as noted by his hesitation on the word "living" and his rather absentminded addition of the few manners he have.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2012, 07:49:44 PM »
"Very well, you are here for business I imagine. Likely something to do with that lightshow on the Promenade earlier?" Switch says. "How may I be of assistance?"

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2012, 08:25:22 PM »
"Corellian brandy, if you have any, would be good, and you are correct. We're here on behalf of Maya Andaris, who was too injured to come herself when we became tangled in her business that started the 'lightshow'." The khil makes himself comfortable before continuing, "We've also come to let you know there is a plot to ambush and assassinate you during the exchange of Ms. Andaris's crate."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2012, 11:03:17 AM »
The droid raises it's hand and with a motion similar to snapping but the sound instead is two pieces of metal quickly grating against each other send the Twi'lek back into the shadows. He begins to search through one of the crates.

"Interesting. Thank you for the warning, though I must admit there is always someone out to deactivate me in my line of work." Switch says.

Some clinking of glass bottles preceeds the twi'lek finding the correct one and bringing it with several glasses out.

"Thank you Nawar'agor. Ah a very good selection. Perfect for business." to which the twi'lek smiles and nods. Switch turns back tot he group, "I think you'll find this to your liking, a smooth slightly spiced variant on the more traditional brandies produced on Corellia. You won't find this one often outside the planet itself. It's produced by a very small distillery that almost never exports off world."

The bottle's label shows Madine's Special Reserve. The twi'lek pours out a glass for each of you and hands it to you.

"It is most unfortunate that I cannot join you in enjoying the drink." the droid laments. You mentioned a name, Maya Andaris. The name is not found in my databank. I have but a few meetings scheduled soon, so I assume one may be with her. Names aren't something you usually ask for."

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2012, 03:43:15 AM »
Kel thanks the twi'lek with a slight tilt of the head, then takes a sip, replying politely An excellent drink indeed

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2012, 07:26:19 AM »
"She was to pick up a crate tomorrow." Rald relaxes back a little more, enjoying the brandy.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
Silten politely declines the drink as he sits there silently.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2012, 08:10:50 PM »
The droid takes a moment and sits quietly as if pondering something. "I am afraid I will need a bit more convincing, how do I know your not acting agents of the new Empire or Brentaal's security forces?" the droid says. "It would be bad for my reputation if I just handed you what she is seeking."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:29:22 PM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2012, 07:19:08 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Rald nods his head, and begins, "Since you know that we were involved in the firefight in the commons yesterday, you should also know that the only reason we were involved was because we came to the aid of a young woman. The reason the empire was after the young woman, you would also know, is because she is an agent working with the Department of Special Projects for the Alderaanian Security Agency, and she was coming tomorrow to meet you to make an exchange."

"Now, while the Empire or even the Brentaal security forces might do many things, staging a firefight in support of a group rumored to be inciting rebellious insurgents against the Empire and then killing their own men in the staging isn't something they would do. Especially since, in the case of the Empire, we aren't even Human."
Rald's face unconsciously contorts in the khil equivalency of disgusted annoyance at that last statement about the Empire.

"Further, if we were here to set you up or shut you down, we would have simply blown the entire bay if we were Empire," he finishes simply, as he finishes off the rest of the brandy.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
"That is a logical assessment, and I like the look of you." The droid says. "So yes, I did come into possession of cargo that the Alderaanian agent is interested in. Also I was going to arrange with her an exchange of the cargo for the eminently reasonable sum of 1000 credits. Which is my going fee for storage and safekeeping."