Author Topic: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow  (Read 177036 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2013, 03:38:49 AM »
"Considering how long it is taking just to pick a direction to go, we might as well split up and get it on with..." Katherine piped in.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2013, 01:27:54 PM »
The rest of the party observes as Mao first phases out of reality, then materializes back and creates a circular passage on the floor, descending trough it before the hole vanishes like it had never been there. Meanwhile Amaterasu starts glowing more and more intensely, the very air around her becoming distorted with the rising heat, before she suddenly shoots upwards at supersonic speed! Behind she leaves a gaping hole with molten borders on the ceiling, trough which you can see the ceiling of the upwards levels have been broken trough in the same manner. Red lights start flaring up on the walls and small concealed showers on the ceilings activate, leaving you all wet. You then notice the openings created by Amaterasu are quickly closing up, as new layers of metal and circuits automatically builds themselves over the damaged parts...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2013, 03:59:18 PM »
While she does not fail to render in the new outlook of the structure upon reaching the deeper levels, she merely takes a few snapshots of the walls and flower specimens to add to her database for later study. Her priority was the life signatures and she made a beeline to them.

When she finds them, she first quickly makes a scan of the glass containment object, verifying if it was fully cubic and included a floor, and of its prisoners.
The creature's reaction was understandable but, although she wanted to administer immediate support, she had to follow protocol.
"Be at ease, woman. Our unit values the rescue of all colonists as a priority. Please identify yourself and inform us of your situation as accurately as you are able."

If she did not specify anything on her current prison, she would add:
"Are you aware of any particularities of note about your cell of glass?"
If she did not know, she would consult Aden with a transmission in case he would be versed in the matter.
Unless she would have reasons to delay the rescue or use a different method based on what the prisoner would say.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2013, 04:22:40 PM »
"Heeeey, mind explaining what's going on here?" the tall female asked, having taken six seconds to steady herself before gliding over to the guy, "Your boss sent me to check up on you."

(click to show/hide)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2013, 11:11:24 AM »
Baha stands around picking her nose out of boredom. Why do those two have to show off? She instead wanders over to watch some shows off one of the nearby interfaces. Namely outside, about a few hours ago when all the mechs first invaded. Maybe the outside sensors obtained some footage of the General and the real number of troops at his command...

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2013, 06:41:15 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2013, 07:04:30 PM »
Katherine couldn't do much but sit and watch as the android phased through the floor whilst Ama blasted her way through multiple ceilings; these hallways were too small to accommodate her nanoarmor and all. Clasping her hands behind her, she started rocking slightly back and forth on her heels whilst waiting with the others for those two to report their findings. Noticing Baha playing with a nearby console however, she leaned back and peeked over her to take a look as well.

"What're you watching, Princess?"

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2013, 07:10:12 PM »
Min-Yung listens intently before attempting to answer the creature's query.
"It appears that you were contained as part of an act of terrorism or a criminal operation. We received no message from your captives, which leaves a wide array of possibilities on the nature of their motives."

She took a good look at the cell's installation, curious to see if it seemed portable or if it was built-in as a part of the room. The former would make sense of this foe seize control of the building, but the later would imply that they were made alongside the rest of the colony, which in turn meant its operating device would most likely be.

It was high time she would report to the others, sending a quick comm to their attention.
"Two civilians found underground, both females, one a child. They are contained in a glass suppression chamber."

Being unable to properly scan the cell she asked Aden if he had any information on it, look around to see if there were a terminal that may be connected to the cell and would try to make a passwall through it, preferring to leave brute force as the last resort. If it seemed portable, perhaps she would be able to lift it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:40:55 AM by Anomander »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2013, 07:15:58 PM »
 "Yeah, not what I'm here for. I want a status report: goal, methods, results gained, results achieved," Amaterasu countered, folding her hands on the blade in front of her.  "Whether you get time to finish or not is decided by the completeness of this report. Be succinct, it's quicker."

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »
"A smart idea!" Baha replies as she watches the mist kill everyone so they can steal the mechs. She then flips channels to a multidisplay of the interior of the central dome on fast forward to watch the troops marching it. Resuming normal speed when it appears they are doing something more than getting those pesky peasants out of the way.

She also sends a copy to Kenny for further analyzation.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2013, 01:29:55 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2013, 09:19:56 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:32 PM »
Seeing that she apparently couldn't open a path through the glass, Mao display no panic in the wake of the alarm as she glides over to the terminal, wondering if it can shut it down from there or otherwise use it to unlock the cell.

The containment chamber being built-in was a little disconcerting. If had been made as part of the original installation, it meant that her organization had plans regarding their construction. She figured they might have simply been meant to contain individuals in need of disciplinary measures. If the criminals that had taken over the dome had managed to operate it, she figured she might as well give it a try herself.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2013, 02:50:41 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

"Heads up everyone, I've got injured but alive. Bringing them back to the entrance now."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2013, 11:42:41 AM »
Baha sends the last series of videos to Kenny to and requests a 30 second montage of everything back to relay to everyone else.

Kenny of course is in the midst of scrap metal originally called a ship. Who builds something this size without arming it to the teeth? he thinks to him self as ZERO rolls more ammo for his newest invention. The atomic fusion tractor beam powered junk shooting railgun. It combines a tractor beam's ability to move impossible objects and a rail gun's acceleration to expel scrap metal (there is a lot of that now) and faulty crew almost ten times the speed of sound. Well, it would if the formal crew stopped screwing up the energy supply so he could test it! Bored and thinking of his next exciting tinkering project to make this vessel a real ship Baha sends him another video and a request. Oh well, at least it's something to do.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »
A mad scientist. Great. And to make things worse, it wasn't even a mad scientist with the slightest bit of respect for his creations--and that was something Amaterasu, as one of the lucky few to actually be cared for by her creators, couldn't get behind. Unknown to the man, he had just cut his lifespan down to a matter of minutes, before Amaterasu decided to see how well you could blend a scientist.

"If she can survive unsupported, let her out. I want to take a look and see for myself just how good this is--don't worry if indoctrination hasn't happened yet, I'm more than capable of keeping the both of us safe," the tall female requested, knowing exactly what would happen if he did or didn't do as instructed.

If he wouldn't comply here, she'd just have to try and release them herself.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2013, 07:21:22 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2013, 07:34:56 PM »
"Then you die, and I try myself," Amaterasu stated, this the only warning the man got before he was assaulted by an enraged mercenary, and one who definitely didn't want him to live beyond this single encounter.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2013, 01:45:36 AM »
Mao stared at the orbs as they deployed themselves and similarly prepared herself for combat.
The captives were still in a position that could be defined as 'vulnerable' and were in need of protection until the immediate threat was dealt with. She stared up, analyzing that evasive maneuvers were still possible.
"Your readings give me the impression that you may be quite capable, but there is no need for pointless dismantling of company property if it may easily be avoided. We are leaving, come and hold on to me. Please cooperate."
She quickly reported her situation to others by comm.
"Hostiles. I will attempt to return with the captives."

Her secondary core entered high mobility mode and sent a call to the Android organization to send a decoy drone to her coordinates through her space bending engine and have it move into the cage. Locking down the cage with the drone within was tempting, but she estimated that her time management was better invested in leading the two captives to safety than preparing a better diversion tactic.
Mao extended an arm toward the woman, inviting her to hold on to it.
If the woman did she'd proceed to go open a passage to leave the room as she entered it.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:18:58 PM by Anomander »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2013, 09:17:35 AM »
(click to show/hide)

"Everybody, bad news. We're going to be swarmed by attackers in 18 seconds. I'm teleporting the wounded out of here, lest we end up pinned down. I'll meet you at the entrance to the compound - they'll be easier to deal if we can bottleneck them there."

Give me internets. Now.