Author Topic: Does anyone have any threads in particular they want brought over?  (Read 8114 times)

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Not very active here but still active online
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have any threads in particular they want brought over?
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »
I think all these ports would work better compiled into a handbook of some sort.  It's, of course, good that they are posted here, too.  If I'm curious about a build I can always search for it on this site. 

But, inevitably they are going to get buried.  If they were in the Handbooks section and in the Index to that section, then people will stumble across and decide to page through them.

See, in the chain gatling tripper thread people actually started talking about making a "iconic builds handbook" . There was no resolution about who would actually do it though.

Anyway I asked if I should stop porting over builds and caelic said "I'd say go for it; why not?" so I kept porting them.
Please, call me Count :).

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 10:47:45 PM »
Compilation =/= Handbook.

That said, why can't people just follow Garryl's example and make a thread that indexes iconic builds?

That kind of index could likely even end up being stickied on the top of the "Min/Max 3.X" board.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Unbeliever

• Legendary Member
  • gentleman gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 11:55:51 PM »
I don't think there's anything particularly sacrosanct about Handbooks. I was questioning the utility of a proliferation of separate iconic build threads.

Offline Maat Mons

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 12:59:53 AM »
It's been nearly a month since the first time I noticed you mention you were waiting for a response on your request to become a handbook writer.  I think you should assume the request was lost or forgotten.  You could submit a new request or start a thread in board business about it.  I don't know which wound be better. 

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 04:00:17 AM »
That Tleilaxu_Ghola thread, The Ghola Character was a pretty interesting attempt in some MAJOR T.O. Unfortunately the thread itself got too big, but it was a character designed at surpassing Pun-Pun in power, and being a challenge to him. I remember few of it, it was ever finished? If you could retrieve at least the last build, the goals, etc... Then maybe we could finish this in the YBYB section?
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Not very active here but still active online
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 10:58:29 AM »
I think I'll leave the builds I've already ported up until the "Iconic builds handbook/compilation" is made. Somehow, I don't think it'll be made anytime soon.

Edit: maybe I'll do it once I become a handbook writer. No promises though.

EDIT: what do people think of transfering handbooks that already exist and are actively maintained on other sites (like gitp) here?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:40:45 PM by 123456789blaaa »
Please, call me Count :).