Author Topic: 2000/1/05 - Burnt out, Sold out  (Read 87190 times)

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
Re: 2000/1/05 - Burnt out, Sold out
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2014, 02:10:00 PM »
Horizon grasps the proffered hand and shakes it firmly. "Not strictly flying, but I think I can manage something almost as good. As for surveying rooms, I have a sense that goes through walls. It's a bit vague, but it's better than nothing and we've got an easy enough way of double-checking."
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2014, 02:11:40 PM »
Kaleidoscope nods and shakes Chalkboard's hand after Horizon. "Close enough. I can go in without breaking anything, and I'm safe from gas and collapses."
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2014, 02:24:45 PM »
Horizon's hand is taken in a firm, almost crushing grip, then Kaleidoscope is given a much gentler treatment, "My abilities allow me to locate, predict and create shear paths, if you can reliably confirm the contents of an area then we're fully authorized to start work. The priorities are to 'save any trapped or wounded people, remove the risk of a structural collapse, and to recover any property within areas to be demolished'. Most of these buildings are much more stable than they look, but two of them aside from the carpark are in need of immediate work, it's a miracle they're still standing."

He cracks a slight grin, Though personally I say screw whatever is left inside unless you're a telekinetic or something. Just get me into position without making the building wobble and we'd see about relieving the load. And you can see about finding anyone inside while we get the building balanced."
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2014, 02:35:15 PM »
Horizon's mouth quirks into a smile behind his helmet visor as well. "I think we've got that covered. Just tell me where the most stable spot is and I'll get you there, then we can survey the place and start dismantling it. I'm good for a couple hundred tons of carrying capacity, more if I push myself, and it's precise work if I take some time to set up."

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »
"Let's get to work then. Kaleidoscope, could you check through the top floor while we stabilize the building?" He indicates a nondescript six story building, "Try not to move anything heavier than forty pounds, and calm down anyone trapped inside. It's supposed to be some kind of food development lab, so there shouldn't be much poison to be worried about."

"As for you, Horizon, could you drop me off next to the big cistern on the roof, then hold the cistern up while I cut? It's likely around a ton or so with the water full and all the extra bits attached. Can you lift that much without putting the weight on your feet? It needs to go soon or the tilting weight will have the water rip the building apart with it's weight."

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2014, 03:08:14 PM »
"Won't be a problem. Here, hang on." Horizon gives Chalkboard a moment to grab onto his back, then takes a few steps running start and leaps up to the section of roof next to the cistern. Once he's set the hero down, he takes ahold of the thickest of the support columns. "One moment while I try and check this floor, then go ahead and cut whenever you're ready."

(click to show/hide)

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2014, 03:15:07 PM »
Chalkboard nods, then steps gingerly around the cistern, drawing a wide oval chalk ring with his staff as Horizon feels through the building. The roof is thin, which helps a great deal, as he soon locates five lumps of approximately human mass, none of which are moving, and about six smaller masses in one room, moving slightly.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »
"K, I think I found some people. Five adults and six kids, or at least that's what it looks like from here. Kids are still moving and all in one room, adults are scattered around and don't seem like they're going anywhere." Horizon relays the relative positions of the human masses to his partner while making sure he's standing outside Chalkboard's ring.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2014, 03:26:59 PM »
"Okay." With Chalkboard occupied, Kaleidoscope blurs and drops straight through the roof of the building to start checking on the presumed adult people first, anyone who's not moving being the most likely to be in need of immediate attention.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »
The first three 'adults' turns out to be bags of meat in a meat freezer, beef, pork and 'blended' from the labels. The fourth however, makes up for all three false alarms, a large, very overweight woman pinned face up under an otherwise lightweight rack and remaining conscious but perfectly still...for fear of the cutlery dangling over her. Catching a glimpse of Kaleidoscope makes her shift slightly in relief, only to tense up immediately again as a knife slides free and clatters off the tiles beside her, causing the remaining items to wriggle  dangerously as her breathing picks up pace.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2014, 03:50:37 PM »
Kaleidoscope reports the three fake people as, well, fake through her commlink before finding the woman. "Um. Hi." Picking a tray off the next best surface, she holds it under the precariously balanced knives and swipes them off onto that to remove the danger. "I'm taking the knives, but I need you to stay put anyway, okay? They're trying to make the building not collapse, and... um... if anyone who can't fly moves in here, that might mess up the balance. It won't be long, okay?"

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2014, 03:54:12 PM »
The woman immediately attempts to sit up and grab at Kaleidoscope's ankles, a futile effort, but one which causes a soft, but alarming creak of metal under strain, "C-collapse! Get me out of here first! You can fly! Fly me out!"

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2014, 03:58:54 PM »
"No offense, lady, but I don't think I can carry you. If you just keep still like you were, you'll be fine."

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2014, 04:05:15 PM »
"No! Don't leave me alone here! Take me!" She's getting to her feet now and still grabbing ineffectively at Kaleidoscope as the fat lady scrabbles forward.

Meanwhile, Chalkboard finishes his chalk circle, "Alright, start lifting slightly, then I'll cleave it off and we'd be rid of the biggest load. "

The groaning metal stops, then there is a sound like a gunshot.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2014, 04:09:23 PM »
Well, she tried. "For fuck's sake. Stay still or I make you stay still!" For additional effect, she grabs her stun gun and lets it crackle.

Intimidate (1d20+13=29)

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2014, 04:11:02 PM »
The woman goes pale and cowers back into her original position, sobbing.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2014, 04:12:21 PM »
Horizon is pushing up with a small fraction of his maximum force when the alarming sound of metal snapping rings out. "What the hell was that? K? Chalkboard?"

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2014, 04:14:59 PM »
"I think something holding things in place broke, we best hurry up." Chalkboard touches his line, then without even a sound, the cistern is unanchored, leaving Horizon to support it's full mass. "Just get that to ground level quickly and for God's sake don't drop it."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:20:39 PM by veekie »

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2014, 04:19:35 PM »
"I had to threaten to tase a lady because she wouldn't stay put. Can you ask Chalkboard if he has a proper walkie-talkie so you can do the talking or something?" After checking over her shoulder to make sure the lady isn't moving as soon as her back is turned, she goes for the fifth presumed adult.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2014, 04:23:45 PM »
Horizon nods in response to Chalkboard, hefting the cistern and leaping back off the building to set it out of the way before catching Kaleidoscope's response. "...Oh. Yeah, let me check. Let's, uh...yeah." Speeding back up top, he turns to Chalkboard. "Do you have a radio or something? Some of the civilians are freaking out and Kaleidoscope thinks I'd do better at calming them down."