Author Topic: Looking for 1 player  (Read 6296 times)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Looking for 1 player
« on: July 26, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
One of the players in a campaign of mine has disappeared, and a party of three is kind of small.  You would be playing in a Lovecraftian D20 Modern setting set in 1776 Pennsylvania.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
Re: Looking for 1 player
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »
I'm interested, what's the rundown of the rules?
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:12:03 PM by bhu »

Offline dna1

• PbP Game Master
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 05:20:30 PM »
Seems pretty awesome.. I'm unfamiliar with the d20 modern stuff though unfortunately. Otherwise I would definitely want to jump in. I really enjoy lovecraft and horror themed rpg's  :D
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
I have never ever played d20modern before, are you willling to take a noob player?

I do *have* read every single Lovecraft story there is, though, have them all here. I also have read a lot of Conan, mostly everything by Robert E. Howard himself, and since he and Lovecraft were pen buddies and exchanged a lot... I think of myself as having a pretty good grasp of eldritch horror, lol.

What's the starting level? I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding... We start with a starting Occupation, and then take "Prestige" classes afterwards, as we qualify for them?
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 06:57:25 PM »
Does this help?

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 07:02:09 PM »
Does this help?

Ya, helps a bunch, thanks!

Closest i've got to playing d20modern was playing Star Wars d20 a couple too many years ago.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »
Does this help?

Ya, helps a bunch, thanks!

Closest i've got to playing d20modern was playing Star Wars d20 a couple too many years ago.

Happy to help.   :)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 07:25:11 PM »
You'd start off with 1600 xp where the rest of the PC's are at now.  If you need help making a PC lemme know I can send links to stuff.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 08:10:50 PM »
You'd start off with 1600 xp where the rest of the PC's are at now.  If you need help making a PC lemme know I can send links to stuff.

So halfway to third level. Nice.

I'm willing to play! Send me links and stuff and i'll have a PC ready by tomorrow =)

Who dropped? I'm going to take a peek at the other characters and see what roles are covered so i don't duplicate anyone's character...

Nother question, if i'm to boost my craft(TBD) high enough, can i start with items i've crafted myself, for cheaper? Nother thing: What's d20modern vs d20past? I heard of d20modern, but i've never heard of d20past. It's like a companion expansion to d20modern that deals with ancient weaponry and stuff?

Yes, i'm really really noob at d20modern stuff  0:)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 03:41:57 AM »

Who dropped? I'm going to take a peek at the other characters and see what roles are covered so i don't duplicate anyone's character...

Pip hasn't logged in in a month or so.  :(

Nother question, if i'm to boost my craft(TBD) high enough, can i start with items i've crafted myself, for cheaper? Nother thing: What's d20modern vs d20past? I heard of d20modern, but i've never heard of d20past. It's like a companion expansion to d20modern that deals with ancient weaponry and stuff?

We'll see what you're after ;)  D20 Past is ann expansion book to d20 Modern.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/srdhome.html

If these arent enough I will PM more stuff

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 07:33:23 AM »
So i just take levels in one of the "Hero" classes until i qualify for one of the "prestige" options later?

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »
yuppers

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 06:08:26 PM »
yuppers

K... Ill try to make something today. 28pb, the same as normal? Start with all 8's then buy?

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 08:07:06 PM »
Yup. Peek in your PM's

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 08:15:36 PM »
Torn between gearing towards a Natural Philosopher or a Sensitive.

What you think Bhu, based on what you've DM'd by now? What would be most welcome in the party?

Also maybe Dip Scholar. That Access ability.... Mmm...

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 08:25:07 PM »
We had one going for sensitive and lost him.  There might be someone going for Philosopher, but we could always use two.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 09:19:59 PM »
Damn.

Someone is already making the exact same character i was going to build. A military scientist
:|

Guess i'll have to change things up, then.

Charismatic Hero Smart Hero going into Sensitive, maybe? Paranormal Investigator deluxe.

Are Flaws allowed?

Wow. Charismatic Hero skill list is abysmal...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:30:07 PM by brujon »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 11:01:54 PM »
They're allowed but be careful with them....

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 08:37:57 AM »
I'm sorry i'm making you wait Bhu, but RL is being a pain... Character is coming along, though... I don't know the modern equipments too well, Bhu, can we compromise on a Kit or somesuch based on my final sheet Wealth/Feats etc...? That ought to cut some massive time out of making the sheet.