Author Topic: Multi-limbed creatures and mixing Multiweapon Fighting with Multiattack  (Read 1715 times)

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
So I've got a question that will probably be easily answered by you guys and your thankfully infinite hive mind of knowledge.

A marilith's bonus with a six longswords is +25 across the board. Her six slams are +24. What happens when she gets disarmed of one or two of her swords, and she has to use slams in place of the lost weapons. What are her bonuses then? She has both Multiattack and Multiweapon Fighting. Does this mean that no matter what it's just the same -2 regardless? Or, now that she has one, two, or more secondary attacks, do those become -5? What about in conjunction with her tail slap? Does having both feats help with this? Would having just Multiweapon Fighting have sufficed?
What about a thri-kreen? How does that work for its claws and using individual weapons at the same time? Would you need both feats then too?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:23:04 AM by kevin video »
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-limbed creatures and mixing Multiweapon Fighting with Multiattack
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:37:58 AM »
I think the tail slap answers the question.  She gets +25 with the swords, and +22 with the tail slap.  If she uses a slam instead of one sword, it would be at -5 normally, but reduced to -2 because of multiattack, so it would be at +22 with a slam, and half str damage as a secondary weapon, so 1d4+4

I don't think the multiweapon Fighting helps with the slam when mixing with swords (though it still helps with the swords)

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 07:47:11 AM »
Okay, glad I'm not insane. I'm looking at a 3PP build of a monster they gave daggers to, and the damage is twice as much as a creature of that level should deal. Granted it's Pathfinder, but the rules still apply.

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 08:12:05 AM »
Let me share the build. Again, it's Pathfinder, but it's an advanced HD with the advanced template leukodaemon that had four arms added to it. It's supposed to be a "deity" so it's also got +5 to its regular DR and element resistances, as well as it has the rend ability. I know it's wrong. I'm just not 100% exactly sure what's all bad on it. I've figured about about nine of its problems. Like, missing two feats. Breath of Flies is all weird too compared to the original. I have no idea where he got the numbers for that. Also, in Pathfinder, a CR 15 should only do 70 damage on average per round. This does over 100 if it gets a rend off.
For those who've ran the Way of the Wicked AP, playing it, or plan to do either, I'm hiding it under spoilers.
Here's the original leukodaemon to compare this "upgraded" one to.

(click to show/hide)