Author Topic: Prereq Alternatives  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Maat Mons

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
    • View Profile
Re: Prereq Alternatives
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 11:39:07 PM »
This thread lists hand crossbow focus.  It also lists wolf berserker, but that doesn't actually count as combat expertise, it just lets you ignore the prerequisites of improved trip. 

You might also want to include these for games where they can be used for qualification.  If you do, some magical locations would be good too. 

Offline Arz

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • New season
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:36:50 PM »
Also Planar Touchstone(Catalogs of Enlightenment) provides domains with bonus feats like Weapon Focus, Point Blank Shot, Blindfighting, etc. Its like turning beats (prereq) into cake (prereq + spells)!

Offline snakeman830

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • BG's resident furry min/maxer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 06:55:36 PM »
I don't believe Centaur Trample counts as Trample for meeting prerequisites.  It lets the centaur effectively get the use of the feat with a lot less in the way of prerequisites, though.

Player's Guide to Faerun does, however, state that centaurs can enter the Arcane Archer PrC.

Is it just me, or do centaurs have the most special rules regarding them outside of true dragons?
"When life gives you lemons, fire them back at high velocity."

Offline Bananaphone

• Lurker
  • Suffers from Anatidaephobia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:35:18 AM »
Aberrant Dragonmark may be substituted for Aberration Blood for prerequisites. 
As per the bottom of the page of this Wizards article.

Quite useful imo, in that it allows you to qualify for both aberration feats and some dragonmark feats, as well as give you a SLA.

By the way, PBMC.  I love your avatar!  Final Fantasy 2(4) was the first RPG that got me hooked on the genre.  Those behemoths were tough!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:37:29 AM by Bananaphone »

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »
I'll be throwing these updates in either tonight or next weekend.

I don't believe Centaur Trample counts as Trample for meeting prerequisites.  It lets the centaur effectively get the use of the feat with a lot less in the way of prerequisites, though.

Player's Guide to Faerun does, however, state that centaurs can enter the Arcane Archer PrC.

Is it just me, or do centaurs have the most special rules regarding them outside of true dragons?
Only because you pointed out how badass centaurs are am I going to drop a giant bomb on prereq use into this thread. The short and long of it is that said bomb will allow it (and many other things) to count for other purposes.

I love special rules (hence using dragons for my max supermount build). And yes centaurs seem to be up there. That's why I used them for my maximum brute-force damage ubercharger build. Hmm. I'll dump my builds in after I update this handbook.

Aberrant Dragonmark may be substituted for Aberration Blood for prerequisites. 
By the way, PBMC.  I love your avatar!  Final Fantasy 2(4) was the first RPG that got me hooked on the genre.  Those behemoths were tough!
Ah how could I forget that one. Rather clutch to certain builds (WS Builds, for me).

And thanks. You're the only person who's pointed it out. I suppose I'll make an entry in that avatar thread now.

Offline Maat Mons

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 10:49:47 PM »
Mourning mutate (Dragon 359, p110) counts as aberration blood for prerequisites.