Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
  • - your advertisement could stand here -
    • View Profile
OOC
« on: August 11, 2012, 10:18:29 AM »
Because we need one?
Movie Quote of the Week (Brazil):
Sam Lowry: Is that one of your triplets?
Jack Lint: Yeah, probably.

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
Re: OOC
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
Right. I have a question :
I'm going to do a martial bard 2- Wardancer 18 (not in that order), but to allow them to work together, I'll need the Song of the White Raven feat. Am I allowed to swap one of the school of each of this class to White Raven ? I was thinking of Dancing Leaf and Crescent Moon.
Or, if we keep the current schools, Can I use a "Steps of the Dancing Fox"(as it is in both classes) extrapolation of the SoWR feat, changing basically the school ?
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »
I'm going to do a martial bard 2- Wardancer 18 (not in that order), but to allow them to work together, I'll need the Song of the White Raven feat. Am I allowed to swap one of the school of each of this class to White Raven ? I was thinking of Dancing Leaf and Crescent Moon.
Or, if we keep the current schools, Can I use a "Steps of the Dancing Fox"(as it is in both classes) extrapolation of the SoWR feat, changing basically the school ?

Actually, what I should probably do is write a feat for Wardancer than can substitute for SotWR.  Perform (Dance) is still Perform, after all, and I think there are some folks who would like that.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 08:56:47 PM »

How about we change the feat so you can use it for a school of your choice that fits thematically?
(Preq.:
Bardic music (inspire courage), one school x maneuver,
Benefit:
While you are in any school x stance, you can activate your bardic music ability to inspire courage as a swift action. Your crusader, warblade and wardancer levels stack with your bard levels to determine the bonus granted by your inspire courage ability.)

I don`t think it is necessary to swap around whole schools just for the purpose of this feat.The creator got his reasons why certain schools are on the list and others aren`t.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:03:18 PM by Pencil »

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 01:49:42 AM »
My character is pretty much done mechanically, unless someone has a better idea as for the feats I should take. I'll get a background up either later tonight, or tomorrow night.
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »
My character is pretty much done mechanically, unless someone has a better idea as for the feats I should take. I'll get a background up either later tonight, or tomorrow night.

Take your time.This all went up pretty fast anyway and we still need to wait for InnaBinder`s character.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:40:54 PM by Pencil »

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 05:54:11 PM »

Knowledge Devotion seems like it would be fantastic for your character, but you can wait til lvl 3 for that.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 06:00:55 PM »
OK, so I have a feats dilemma.  I either want to take Void Burst (which lets me do level x d4 damage as a standard action up to 60 ft), so I can stay out of melee as much as possible; or I want to take Healing Touch, which gives me unlimited out-of-combat healing.  Which is more useful?  I'm leaning toward the latter, but if someone else is going to be able to provide healing, I may use Void Burst.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 06:12:21 PM »
I don't think anyone else is capable of healing at the moment, so Healing Touch might be more beneficial to the group as a whole.  Then again, that might change once we find out what InnaBinder (and Brujon?  Maybe?) is playing.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 06:19:12 PM »
InnaBinder wanted a Watershugenja so healing should be covered if he stays with that decision.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 07:27:32 PM »
Is Incarnum, Tome of Battle and Psionics ok?

I kind of have been meaning to play a Psycarnum King of Smack. Incarnum for cool immunities, general utilities, and augumentable claws, Psionics for expansion and cool claw powers, Tome of Battle for more efficient action use.

Is it ok?
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 07:30:24 PM »
Oh yeah.Here are the building rules

Quote from: me
We will start level 1 with 2 flaws and 32. point buy.Races should be Humanoid.(In its semantic sense).All official 3.5 material and pre-asked Homebrew is allowed.

As for Houserules:I don`t have any particular but if you desperately want to play a "Monk" we will come up with something.

Optimization wise: You can have cool characters but play it fair.So mid-high level.No Incarnate Construct,Nightstick stacking or kotw shenanigans for example.
I don`t want to have to set the CR on 5 above the PC´s to have a fun fight.

So sure.All those books are allowed.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:34:36 PM by Pencil »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »
Are you making any changes to crappy feats like Weapon Focus or Dodge?

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »
Is Incarnum, Tome of Battle and Psionics ok?

I kind of have been meaning to play a Psycarnum King of Smack. Incarnum for cool immunities, general utilities, and augumentable claws, Psionics for expansion and cool claw powers, Tome of Battle for more efficient action use.

Is it ok?

Woo!  Glad to see you get to play  :D
Also good that we have someone in our party to take advantage of all the damage boosts Harald is going to be handing out.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 07:44:05 PM »

I never saw any reason to tbh.There are oh so MANY crappy feats and fixing few kinda means I had to fix them all.Equal rights you know.Normally I tell my players:"You don`t like the feat?Don`t take it then.You got enough to chose from"  :p

Jokes aside: If one of you wants fixes though you are free to present your solutions and we can play with them.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 07:46:23 PM »

I never saw any reason to tbh.There are oh so MANY crappy feats and fixing few kinda means I had to fix them all.Equal rights you know.Normally I tell my players:"You don`t like the feat?Don`t take it then.You got enough to chose from"  :p

Jokes aside: If one of you wants fixes though you are free to present your solutions and we can play with them.

Well, I have a bunch of feat fixes in my houserules (which are being used in some form in High Arcana).

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »

We will start level 1 with 2 flaws and 32. point buy.Races should be Humanoid.(In its semantic sense).All official 3.5 material and pre-asked Homebrew is allowed.

As for Houserules:I don`t have any particular but if you desperately want to play a "Monk" we will come up with something.

Optimization wise: You can have cool characters but play it fair.So mid-high level.No Incarnate Construct,Nightstick stacking or kotw shenanigans for example.

Great... Is eberron stuff allowed? I wanted to take Monastic Training + Tashalatora feats in order to stack Monk Levels + Psychic Warrior levels for purposes of Unarmed Strike, AC, fast movement and slow fall. I'd start at 1st level as a Synad monk, go for another level of monk, then pursue Psychic Warrior levels for a bit (Getting the Mantled Warrior ACF for Nature), dip Totemist so i can get meldshaping (Blink Shirt, Sphinx Claws... lot's of good stuff), get more Psychic Warrior to get Psionic Open Chakra (and thus get my meldshaping on), probably topping it off with something from Tome of Battle if the campaign gets that far.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 07:55:22 PM »

Well, I have a bunch of feat fixes in my houserules (which are being used in some form in High Arcana).
I don`t particular care since I belief it kinda works as it is.There are bad feats and everyone knows it.But thats not really all that bad in my opinion.

So what I am saying is basically:It is up to the party.But inform me before we start so I can work with the fixes as well.

Great... Is eberron stuff allowed? I wanted to take Monastic Training + Tashalatora feats in order to stack Monk Levels + Psychic Warrior levels for purposes of Unarmed Strike, AC, fast movement and slow fall. I'd start at 1st level as a Synad monk, go for another level of monk, then pursue Psychic Warrior levels for a bit (Getting the Mantled Warrior ACF for Nature), dip Totemist so i can get meldshaping (Blink Shirt, Sphinx Claws... lot's of good stuff), get more Psychic Warrior to get Psionic Open Chakra (and thus get my meldshaping on), probably topping it off with something from Tome of Battle if the campaign gets that far.

Sure.Go for it.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 10:46:21 PM »
This is what I worked up for my background. Suggestions would be welcome for improvement, as it needs it.

(click to show/hide)
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 10:49:42 PM »
Is there a date for character submission? I've been kinda occupied lately...