Author Topic: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation  (Read 46494 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2013, 05:03:57 PM »
Antares and Bartok team up to quickly make minced meat out of the three hit tails assaulting them, then the human soldier pushes forward, catching sight of an amoeba deeper inside the corridors.

Heavily wounded, Shatterscale pulls back and Bartok moves in with his sword at the ready for any biomonster trying to aproach.

Cashile tries to slip out of the silk strings, but they're too sticky, too entangled around his body. Noticing his struggle, and with no more biomonsters in sight, Edin turns and uses his photon blade to cut the organic bindings, freeing him!

The two locusts that had attacked Shatterscale go after Bartok, quickly joined by two more freshly spawned of their kind. The warrior cuts down one of them as it aproaches, while Tappy shoots at one of the incoming biomonsters but misses. The three locusts then gank up on bartok, one of them managing to scratch his arm.

Bagra sees the amoeba in front of him launch two more eggs right in front of him, from which new hit tails emerge and bite at his legs, one of them managing to sink its teeth trough his armor, seeping in more poison!

On the other hand, Bartok and Bagra can see that both amoebas seem pretty shrinked down. It seems impossible any more eggs could be coming out of them.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:23:05 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »
Sighing, Cashile nods his thanks at Edin then dashes closer to Bagra and Shatterscale and takes a shot at one of the Hit Tails that has them cornered in.

(click to show/hide)
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2013, 09:31:16 PM »
Antares drags himself to Bartok's side in order to balance the confrontation. Slowly moving his feet (blast those webs!) he swings towards the nearest critter upwards.

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2013, 12:09:21 PM »
Bartok slashes slashes at another locust, ready to end this.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 25, 2013, 09:31:15 PM »
Cashille, Bartok and Antares shoot and hack at the biomonsters until a single one of them is still standing, which is then finished off by Edin with his photon sword. The base feels eerily silent as you see the depleted amoebas crawl deeper inside the facility's corridors. Tappy takes a long breath before asking

Uff, I was starting to believe that my career would suffer an abrupt end...
So what now? There seem to be two main paths for us to take.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:23:24 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2013, 09:49:22 PM »
Still playing, Alexia spoke up: "I remember that the right-hand path is shorter, so if we go that way we can stop the creation of enemies faster."

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2013, 12:08:23 PM »
Bagra says while cutting out the web on his armor, What about the supply boxes on the way? Should we leave them and just head for the core? And may I suggest to the people carrying pistols and rifles to focus their fire on the next amoeba we run into? Please, just forget about everything else and finish it off quickly to avoid the repetion of such a hard fight.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2013, 05:14:41 PM »
"Given our current state of injury, we should prioritize securing supplies, or else we might not make it to the core. I'll keep that in mind for next time."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2013, 05:32:39 PM »
"The nearest supply cache is down the corridor to our immediate right, and then taking the first right from that," Alexia said, indicating with her head, "The right-hand path is pretty easy to remember: take the path heading to the far wall, any earlier branches lead to supplies or the other half of the facility. Don't know the details of the other side."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2013, 06:38:45 PM »
"So, we head right, get the supplies, and head to the core. Sounds good?"

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 04, 2013, 07:31:47 PM »
Shatterscale staggered for a bit as he caught up to the rest of the party.

"I'll, uh... I'll bring up the rear. And try to hold in my organs."
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2013, 05:15:54 PM »
The room in the right corner of the facility contains an assortment of tools and spare electronic parts. Screws, cables, basic power sources, work benches,  you guess this was where the original workers would come when they needed to fix something. It is however all basic stuff, most obsolete by today's standards actually, and there doesn't seem to be anything that could be of use to you in your current situation.

Except for a large, reinforced steel container with a bliping red symbol that you recognize as the standard symbol used in Parum over the last millenium for signing emergency supplies. Touching it, the symbol turns green and the metal box opens revealing an assortment of neatly organized sealed packages.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:19:03 PM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2013, 05:54:40 AM »
After you finish distributing the supplies among yourselves, Tappy speaks:

Oh, you don't want that stuff? I guess I'll help myself then!
Well, tecnically that would be stealing from the Administration as we're not government agents-points out Edin-But it would indeed be a waste to just leave them here when there's probably more biomonsters lurking inside. We'll just... Burrow those for now. You're free to ask them back when you want.

Captain Alexia then proceeds to lead the party deeper inside the facility, never pausing her music. As you turn the corner, you notice one of the glass tubes on the walls is cracked and leaking a tick, dark blue fluid, that drips down to form a large puddle on the metal below. But when you look harder, you notice the puddle is actually an half-shrinked Amoeba pressed against the ground. It is slowly growing bloated again by absorbing the leaking nutrient solution falling over it.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:23:37 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2013, 03:41:00 PM »
Shatterscale looked at the amoeba before tapping Edin on the leg. "...Shoot it or give me the gun."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »
I don't feel very confident with this model, better that you use it.-replies Edin, passing the Silent Shot to Shatterscale.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2013, 08:45:10 AM »
Watching the shrunken amoeba, Antares shakes his head.

"Oh no you motherfucking don't."

The back plating splits open as a large, vulcan-like machinegun mounts over his shoulder, and with a dizzying roar, he fires upon the amoeba as well as near the ground.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2013, 12:52:16 PM »
Shatterscale takes the gun, bracing himself for the recoil, and fires at the amoeba as well.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2013, 05:31:55 PM »
The android's bullet barrage ignites the nutrient fluid at the same time as it pierces the amoeba's body, making it contort in agony as the flames instantly engulf its body. Then Shatterscale finishes its agony with the Silent Shot, and the dark blob just breaks apart, the leftover bits burning to a crisp. The smell of overcooked eggs fills the corridor before suddenly a mechanized arm drops from the ceiling, spraying white foam over the fire, quickly putting it out. There's no more signs of the biomonster, but in its place there's  now some medium-grade meseta crystals on the floor!

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2013, 11:31:47 AM »
With the way clear once more, you resume your advance across the facility's corridors. No more threats appear in your way, but as you advance there's more and more evidence of biomonster activity. Cracked walls, malfuctioning lights, silk threads hanging from the ceilings, dark stains of unknown origin, broken maintenance drone remains...

Eventually, after a series of claustrophobic turns, you reach the control room. In front of the panel stands a man in a lab coat with glasses observing the data screens, that turns towards you when you aproach

(click to show/hide)

Hello ladies and gentlemen.
How may I be of service to you?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
"You could begin by introducing yourself and explaining why this facility is pouring out biomonsters that have become a threat to the surrounding colonies." Antares notes with some annoyance.

Give me internets. Now.