Author Topic: Any Con based casters in 3.5?  (Read 2973 times)

Offline bones972

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Any Con based casters in 3.5?
« on: December 12, 2016, 02:06:32 PM »
I am playing in a 3.5 group and am looking to build a caster.  Is there any Con based Casters in 3.5? 

I know about the Emporial Sorcerer in Pathfinder uses Con instead of Wis.  Just wondering if there is any in 3.5.

Thanks!
Bones

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
Re: Any Con based casters in 3.5?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 03:12:47 PM »
Dragonfire adept
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 05:19:14 PM »
Totemist , and Incarnate (+wis) in Magic Of Incarnum

3.0e Psychokinesis-ist ... (different enough to keep around, though weaker than 3.5 psi)

Wasn't there a fairly recent errata of a Con Caster in PF, and thread around here?
iirc the "E"rrata was very aggressive, removing said offender from the annals of history.

back edit --- thanks to Nanshork
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 03:53:28 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »

3.0e Psychokinesis-ist ... (different enough to keep around, though weaker than 3.5 psi)

Wasn't there a fairly recent errata of a Con Caster in PF, and thread around here?
iirc the "E"rrata was very aggressive, removing said offender from the annals of history.

The PF Scarred Witch Doctor used to be Con based and they stealth removed it.  The discussion (at least the only one I know about) about that was here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 08:17:49 PM »

The PF Scarred Witch Doctor used to be Con based and they stealth removed it.  The discussion (at least the only one I know about) about that was here.

They errata'd it?  Damn you Paizooooo!!!!
Mudada.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 04:31:36 PM »
That's the link.  +1

the Dwarf Sorc thing happens at 9 , Cha of 14 and Con of 20+ can be made to work.

These are potentially very tasty, kinda basic Skill cheese to do it :

Action Before Thought         Tome of Battle p62 (3.5)         Concentration check instead of reflex save
      Insightful Strike         Tome of Battle p62 (3.5)         Concentration check instead of damage roll
      Insightful Strike, Great         Tome of Battle p62 (3.5)         2xConcentration check instead of damage roll
      Mind Over Body         Tome of Battle p63 (3.5)         Concentration check instead of fort save
      Moment of Perfect Mind         Tome of Battle p63 (3.5)         Concentration check instead of will save
Your codpiece is a mimic.