Author Topic: Rules Quirks  (Read 23784 times)

Offline Cyclone Joker

• Flamboyant Flamer
    • View Profile
Re: Rules Quirks
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »
The way I read it is "This spell frees victims from enchantments, transmutations, and curses. Break enchantment can reverse even an instantaneous [Transmutation, Enchantment, or Curse] effect. For each such [Instantaneous Enchantment, Transmutation, or Curse] effect, you make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level, maximum +15) against a DC of 11 + caster level of the effect. Success means that the creature is free of the spell, curse, or effect." It was the last thing referenced, and so is the subject of the next thing referencing a previous vague thing.

And, yes, thing is a very precise technical term and has nothing to do with the fact that I am sleep-deprived and fried.
Regardless of the CL check, there's still the one minute casting time.  If a fully buffed Cleric can't kill you or force an unbeatable Concentration check to make you lose the spell, then it isn't worth stripping the buffs off him anyway.
Superior Invis before a gank? I am AFB, but does Dweomerkeeper specifically keep the casting time? If not, that works, or you could go Innate Spell with any of a bajillion tricks to raise maximum spell level.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2012, 07:16:45 PM »
You're still not reading it right. You can't have it both ways. Either the first sentence applies to the third or it doesnt.

Think of the second sentence as if it was in parentheses. Effectively it it telling you "it works on instantaneous spells too."

Otherwise, like in my post in 52, you would say that it works on "all enchantments, all transmutations, all curses" since 'even' is being used the same as 'also.' And with a check "any instantaneous effect no matter the school"
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »
Superior Invis before a gank? I am AFB, but does Dweomerkeeper specifically keep the casting time? If not, that works, or you could go Innate Spell with any of a bajillion tricks to raise maximum spell level.

Quote from: Dweomerkeeper
Once per day as a standard action, she can use any one spell with a casting time of up to 1 standard action as a supernatural ability.
So, a swift spell as a standard action, but not a 1-minute spell.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome