Author Topic: Spin-off OOC  (Read 94461 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Spin-off OOC
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »
Now I have to pick a race...

I wish there were more LA: 0 construct races.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 09:14:56 PM »
Honestly I've got enough ground work laid I could throw up a sheet this weekend, just been so busy with the recent storms and such my creative juices are running low.

Warforged is a nice Rance Nashork. Wand-Sheath and the Arm-Crossbow are function arm cannons. They are a bit more expensive than they should be, however the WF Component section does state any magic item can come in Component form...

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »
Here are a couple of LA +0 constructs I made way back. Let me know if you use any of them and I'll port them over to minmax.

Living Astral Construct - Probably needs a bit of rebalancing, if only because not all of the astral construct abilities are as appropriate on a player as on a summoned monster.

Soul Shell

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 10:15:54 PM »
Honestly I've got enough ground work laid I could throw up a sheet this weekend, just been so busy with the recent storms and such my creative juices are running low.

Warforged is a nice Rance Nashork. Wand-Sheath and the Arm-Crossbow are function arm cannons. They are a bit more expensive than they should be, however the WF Component section does state any magic item can come in Component form...

Wand-sheath won't help at all, no spellcasting or UMD, and none of the Warforged components really call to me for the Machine Mistress class.  Warforged is a nice race, just not for this IMO.

However, I forgot the homebrew side of things.  Neither of your links are exactly what I'm looking for Garryl, but they've given me some ideas about places to look.  Thanks!

Edit: No luck with the homebrew, and I don't think I want another Warforged (I'm already playing two in currently running PbP games).  Oh well, I don't need to be a construct so it isn't a big deal.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 11:12:03 PM »
Well, if the arm cannon nature of Mega Man is still something desired. A Custom Legacy Bracer can obtain an At-Will CL10 Scorching Ray using three Least Slots.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »
Actually "Mega Man" is my Machine Minion, I just wanted to be a robot too for the flavor.  He'll get his arm cannons from my class abilities.  :p

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 11:21:20 PM »
Ooooh.

That makes you Dr. Light.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2013, 01:10:01 AM »
The features of Machine Mistress turn you into a construct. You don't need to have a construct race to have robot flavor.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2013, 09:35:12 AM »
Ooooh.

That makes you Dr. Light.

Yeah, I'll be Dr. Somebody or another.  Names are at the end of the to do list though.   :P

The features of Machine Mistress turn you into a construct. You don't need to have a construct race to have robot flavor.

Or I could already be a construct and have buttloads of extra hitpoints.   :p

Like I said, it isn't a big deal, I just liked the flavor of a robot making more robots.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2013, 01:00:25 PM »
Like I said, it isn't a big deal, I just liked the flavor of a robot making more robots.

I've just been reading trough the megaman wiki, and I kid you not, they have robots making humans on top of robots making more robots and somebody making something called "carbons" and... Damn, the megaman storyline sure got complex from my gameboy days of  "Dr.Wily made 8 new  killer bots  with themes to conquer the world, go stop him with just this plasma cannon arm!".

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2013, 06:47:07 PM »

I've just been reading trough the megaman wiki, and I kid you not, they have robots making humans on top of robots making more robots and somebody making something called "carbons" and... Damn, the megaman storyline sure got complex from my gameboy days of  "Dr.Wily made 8 new  killer bots  with themes to conquer the world, go stop him with just this plasma cannon arm!".

Wow, yeah, all of that is news to me.  I just remember the oldschool megaman.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2013, 10:30:56 PM »

Wow, yeah, all of that is news to me.  I just remember the oldschool megaman.

Imagine how I feel in the other game. I liked Kirby. The first one. The only one I've played. You float, you shoot blasts of air, and you suck stuff up to hit harder. Now there's copy-stuff. Likewise, I played LoZelda, LoZelda 2, and Links Awakening. At least I'm playing a character who is clueless about everything that is going on, so I don't have any problems pulling that off.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2013, 10:49:19 PM »
Assuming we go Fire Emblem, I'm going to be very glad my character just popped through a portal and thus has no idea WTF is going on in this strange new land (because I have no idea about anything regarding Fire Emblem that cannot be learned from playing Super Smash Brothers.)

On the other hand, I'm playing a Pokemon and I'm reasonably well versed in the fluff of Pokemon (up through Fire Red and Leaf Green, at least) so that should be ok.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »
So nobody's reading the fluff intros I'm writing in Nintendo Worlds? :P

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2013, 01:23:10 PM »
So nobody's reading the fluff intros I'm writing in Nintendo Worlds? :P

Oh, I'm reading that. And a Wiki here or there. But things like, say, a boy with a mask, I know nothing about. It could have been something great. Could have been a trap. I don't know. Neither does Kurt. So it all work out.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2013, 03:51:22 PM »
I'm reading, just wasn't home much this weekend. :P

I'm still trying to figure out my race/feats...

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2013, 05:15:36 PM »
I'm reading it, certainly, but I understand there's huge amounts of Fire Emblem backstory that I'm not familiar with. I mean, beyond humans, Manakete and Laguz I couldn't tell you what races live in Elibe.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »
I have pretty much no knowledge of FE despite owning a game because my OCD got the better of me and I got frustrated when one of my units got knocked out.  At least Metroid came naturally to me and lets me be OCD about picking everything up without being unduly challenging.

Edit:  3000th post.  lol

I'm of course still working on the character.  Mostly it's just feats, equipment, and modules to decide on at this point.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:26:30 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »
Okay, I'm officially bowing out (for real this time).  Machine Mistress isn't doing it for me and nothing else I can come up with is appropriate. 

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »
If this shorts you all a player, I can cover...
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.