Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 51592 times)

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2014, 02:48:38 PM »
Great job on the ship, Harald! Thanks for doing it.
As for roles, my character doesn't have the important skills for the good ones, so it doesn't really matter to me if we use them or not.

Even if you don't have (all) the important skills, you can still select a role.

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 03:08:57 PM »
That was bad and you should feel bad. :p
"A bad pun a day keeps the doctor away" the saying say.. or was it an apple ? Whatever. My Navis background is up by the way !
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 03:16:20 PM »
Why do your characters have such long names?
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »

Why do the Romans have such long names? Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus. :p

Seems appropriate since I have a family history as old as the Imperium.

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2014, 02:39:24 PM »
- As for mine, a spanish name should be very long (see the full name of Pablo Picasso for instance)
- A navis lineage is very, very old, that should show reverence to both branches, especially if he is from an alliance with an other familly or House.
- Because it is funny,
-Because it is a tradtion in 40K : Inquisitor Sherlock Obiwan Clousseau, anyone ?

Should I try to write things about the ship ? Quirks of the shiop or the crew, points of interest ?
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »
- As for mine, a spanish name should be very long (see the full name of Pablo Picasso for instance)
- A navis lineage is very, very old, that should show reverence to both branches, especially if he is from an alliance with an other familly or House.
- Because it is funny,
-Because it is a tradtion in 40K : Inquisitor Sherlock Obiwan Clousseau, anyone ?

Should I try to write things about the ship ? Quirks of the shiop or the crew, points of interest ?

Aren't there some sort of personality traits/history or something that it should have, going by the core rules?

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2014, 02:56:52 PM »
Aren't there some sort of personality traits/history or something that it should have, going by the core rules?
R.A.W, as we have taken the Thulean Exploration Vessel package, we must not roll on the oddities & past histoy tables.
But we can to get the gist of it without the bonus/malus, or elaborate one altogether.

-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »
R.A.W, as we have taken the Thulean Exploration Vessel package, we must not roll on the oddities & past histoy tables.
But we can to get the gist of it without the bonus/malus, or elaborate one altogether.

That's a good idea :D You can use the tables for fluff, but the bonuses/penalties have, as Harald explained, been replaced by the background package. Game is on btw.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2014, 03:04:31 PM »
And what does this ship have in store for us, I wonder...?

Machine Spirit 1d10 : 9, total 9

History 1d10 : 8, total 8

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2014, 03:05:20 PM »
Pft. Adventurous and the Warp Engines are a bit off. XD

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 03:19:46 PM »
Adventurous is nice for a Ship, as the Warp Engines, hum...We DO have Miroslav Warp Drives. So them being quirky are up to the course.

-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 03:42:11 PM »
@LordBlades: Are we all in the bridge?
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »
You are all wherever you decide to be on the ship as it docks  :D I figured the captain might be on the bridge, but for the rest of you, wherever you feel it's appropriate.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 04:09:57 PM »
Shoddy justification for having everyone else actually show up to the important bit! :p

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »
You've done well, I needed a reason to leave the Occulum  :D.
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2014, 10:47:58 PM »
I should note that despite being a Mechboy, I can't actually customize my own weapons, and cannot do so until I take the actual mechboy career rank for rank 4, which lets me use Trade: Armourer

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2014, 11:00:49 PM »
You are very much misnamed.

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2014, 03:37:19 AM »
I'dd like to join your campaign, i'll play most likely play a techpriest, acolyte of abrax or something like that will post the char today or tomorow
There is no sanity just different degree of madnes

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2014, 03:38:34 AM »
Xerael is an old RL friend that would like to join the game, and we're short 1 player anyway.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2014, 05:44:12 AM »
:O