Author Topic: [WH40KRPG Rogue Trader] Faith&Fortune New Game looking for players  (Read 49553 times)

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: [WH40KRPG Rogue Trader] Faith&Fortune New Game looking for players
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2014, 10:53:36 AM »
Non-Numerical Thingies! AKA: What I have planned.

Noble Born/Child of Dynasty (Cannot Decide x_x) -> In Service to the Throne (Born to Lead) -> New Horizons (Archeotechnologist) -> Dark Voyage -> Pride (Heirloom Time!)

... do I get to roll again if I land a duplicate heirloom in Archeotechnologist and Pride? :lmao

Technically you do. But the Pride one doesn't say you get one randomly determined, and there's nothing in errata about it. So I'd say you get 1 choice (pride) and 1 roll (archeotechnologist).

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2014, 10:55:04 AM »
Rolled 1d100 : 39, total 39

And what random item do I receive... :O

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2014, 10:55:22 AM »
Okay, so I have a chainsword. :D

Aaaaand, let's go with the set of carapace armour. No sense in taking undue risks. :lmao
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:00:48 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2014, 11:56:15 AM »
You can get any talent from the Rank 1 list of your class, at the listed cost.

But don't I get those simply for being of that class? Unless they stack, in which case I could start with a lot of psyker techniques. While in the topic, I noticed some skills and talents in AT are repeated in TI. Do they stack? I'm asking this because the note in TI says they get both lists' contents.

Dumb question: why would anyone who's got access to Into the Storm build a simple Astropath Transcendent?  :cool

Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2014, 12:08:35 PM »
You can get any talent from the Rank 1 list of your class, at the listed cost.

But don't I get those simply for being of that class? Unless they stack, in which case I could start with a lot of psyker techniques. While in the topic, I noticed some skills and talents in AT are repeated in TI. Do they stack? I'm asking this because the note in TI says they get both lists' contents.

Dumb question: why would anyone who's got access to Into the Storm build a simple Astropath Transcendent?  :cool

You get the skills and talents listed in the above box, and can purchase (with your starting 500XP) any others that you don't already have but DO want. The prices are given for those you get because of alternate advancements or something.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2014, 12:30:23 PM »
You get the skills and talents listed in the above box, and can purchase (with your starting 500XP) any others that you don't already have but DO want. The prices are given for those you get because of alternate advancements or something.
Ahhhhhh! Now I understand! I have the stuff in the gray box and can buy stuff from the Advances with the 500XP. So Psyker-wise an AT only has Psyker Rating 2. It does not explicitly give access to the Telepathy discipline but I'm guessing it's something automatic.
The bad thing is access to Telekinesis costs 750XP. So I'll have to start with only Telepathy. Does it take too long to gather that much XP?
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2014, 12:38:19 PM »
Ahhhhhh! Now I understand! I have the stuff in the gray box and can buy stuff from the Advances with the 500XP. So Psyker-wise an AT only has Psyker Rating 2. It does not explicitly give access to the Telepathy discipline but I'm guessing it's something automatic.
The bad thing is access to Telekinesis costs 750XP. So I'll have to start with only Telepathy. Does it take too long to gather that much XP?
Not that long, though it depends on the pace we move on.

So... I'm really tempted to do Navis Scion, from the Cassini house as described in the Navis Primer,, but for that concept, i'd rather be from a Magistral House. Can I create an equivalent from an homebrew lineage, as in, the same with a different name on a Maigstral house ?

Concerning the ship, do you guys want that I prepare one or two as a sample so you can make a choice ?
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2014, 12:57:32 PM »
@Harald: to me you can pick whatever you want (and is allowed) for our ship. I don't have the required knowledge to judge what is good or bad and I know you'll make a good choice :D

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2014, 01:08:20 PM »
I'm still going through the rules. I haven't even gotten to ships yet. :lmao

Hmm... Child of Dynasty, so three more ship points.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:14:11 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 01:16:30 PM »
@Harald: to me you can pick whatever you want (and is allowed) for our ship. I don't have the required knowledge to judge what is good or bad and I know you'll make a good choice :D

Well,the kind of ship I can build depend on the amount of Ship points w got at creation, and this amount will depend on the choices we will do on the Warrant of Trade Path.
 I'll make an Orion, a Frigate, a light cruiser and a battlecruiser.
You can trust me on that, they'll be efficient at their job, but every player should have a voice on the most important choice you can do in a RT game :
Style.

I'm still going through the rules. I haven't even gotten to ships yet. :lmao
I've been been a player from day 1 in RT, and  mastering a PbP RT campaign from rank 1 to 6 for three years , in which there is a huge focus on space battles. Don't worry about the ship part, I'll handle this. :smirk
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »
But I want to get to the ship rules. Not that I don't trust you, but I want to at least know what the hell you're doing first. :p

But where's this origin path that we must choose? :O

EDIT: I am very much in favour of a Cruiser. Overkill firepower is my favourite thing. :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:04:23 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2014, 02:36:44 PM »
the Origin Path is for Characters, the section concerning the Warrant of trade and the history of the dynasty in Into the Storm

So, as promised, here are the five ships  :tongue

Orion class Star-clipper
Planet Bound For Millenia.
Essential components :
Modified Lathes Class I Plasma Drive, Miloslav G616b Drive, Warpsbane Hull, Combat Bridge,Castellan Void Shield, Vitae Pattern Life Sustainer (good quality, - 1 space),  Voidsmen Quarters (good quality, -1 space), W240 Passive Auger Arrays.

Supplemental components
Sunsear Laser Battery x2 ( 1 dorsal, 1 Keel), Main Cargo Hold, Auto-temple, Barracks ( best quality), Arboretum (best quality), Observation Dome, Melodium OR Trophy Room Or Librarium Or Sensorium.

Speed : 11  Manoeuvrability : +25.  Detection : +10.  Hull Integrity : 35 -[1d5-1] Armor : 12. Turret : 1.
40/40 Power, 38/40 Space.  (room free to get some Vaulted Ceilings ASAP).
45 Ship points.

Pros :
- Fast, nimble. this ship got quite a punch, and can also fire when running away, thanks to the Keel slot. Cheap enough so we can get nice toys already, and still dirt cheap.
Cons :
Can't endure much punishment. Small so very hard to pack all the shiny things you want to crame in your flagship.

Turbulent class frigate
Essential components :
Modified Jovian class II Plasma Drive, Miloslav G616b Drive, Warpsbane Hull, Combat Bridge,Castellan Void Shield, Vitae Pattern Life Sustainer (good quality, - 1 space),  Voidsmen Quarters (good quality, -1 space), W240 Passive Auger Arrays.

Supplemental components
Sunsear Laser Battery x2 ( 2 dorsal), Auto-temple, Barracks ( good quality, - 1 space), Compartimentalized cargo Hold (good quality, -1 space),Luxury Passenger Quarters, Observation Dome, Melodium OR Trophy Room Or Librarium Or Sensorium.

Speed : 8  Manoeuvrability : +15.  Detection : +15.  Hull Integrity : 40-[1d5-1] Armor : 20 . Turret : 1.
43/43 Power, 40/42 Space.  (room free to get some Vaulted Ceilings ASAP).
61 Ship points.

Pros :
- Allrounder. this ship got quite a punch, can outrun what she can't destroy. Cheap enough so we can get nice toys already. Tough and feisty.
Cons :
Small so very hard to pack all the shiny things you want to crame in your flagship.

Secutor Class Light Cruiser
Essential components :
Modified Jovian Class III Plasma Drive, Miloslav H616b Drive, Warpsbane Hull, Combat Bridge, Double Array Void Shield, Vitae Pattern Life Sustainer, W240 Passive Auger Arrays.

Supplemental components
Sunsear Laser Battery x2 (Prow, Dorsal), Jovian Landing Bay x2 (Portside, Starboard), Auto-temple, Barracks,Luxury Passenger Quarters.

Speed : 6  Manoeuvrability : +12.  Detection : +15.  Hull Integrity : 65 -[1d5] Armor : 20. Turret : 2.
50/50 Power, 53/58 Space.  (room free to get some Vaulted Ceilings ASAP).
70 Ship points.

Pros :
-Tough. got room to play with in game. We got nice firepower and a way to cover our rear, and to help us explore and conquer new worlds.

Cons :
A bit slow. Expensive.

Next post, the cruiser and a battlecruiser. But first, time to go to eat...

-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2014, 02:41:54 PM »
Stat generation: Point buy (100 points) for characters, Ship&Warrant origin path for generating starting SP and PF

I meant I'm wondering where this is located. :p

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2014, 02:45:31 PM »
Stat generation: Point buy (100 points) for characters, Ship&Warrant origin path for generating starting SP and PF

I meant I'm wondering where this is located. :p
ah. the Point buy, page 14 oof the core rule book.  for the Ship& Warrant Path,  first chapter of Into the Storm, p33 and beyond.
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2014, 02:50:05 PM »
Right.

... do try and spend all the Ship Points, as the background I've got means the waste isn't converted over. But there's 3 more, at least. >_>;

Huh, we can get up to... 71, I think, by maximising ship points? Well... 68, and I've added 3. @_@
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:56:10 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »
Right.

... do try and spend all the Ship Points, as the background I've got means the waste isn't converted over. But there's 3 more, at least. >_>;
Aye Aye Sir.and Instead of the Dictator, let's do the Overlord directly.

Overlord class battlecruiser

Essentials
Saturnine Pattern Class 4a Drive, Miloslav H-616.b Warp Engine, Geller Field, Multiple Void Shield Array, Ship Master's Bridge, M1R Life Sustainer, Voidsman Quarters, X470 Ultimo Array

Supplementals
Luxury Passenger Quarters (1 Sp) poor quality Barracks (1 Sp) Autotemple (0 sp) Compartimentalised Cargo Hold (1 sp)

Weapons
Sunsear Laser Battery (prow) (1 sp), Sunsear Laser Battery (dorsal) 1sp), Sunsear Laser Broadside (port) (1 sp)Sunsear Laser Broadside (starboard) (1 sp)Poor quality  Jovian Launch Bay or Sunsear Laser Broadside (port) (1 sp)Poor quality Jovian Launch Bay  (starboard) (1 sp)

Speed : 5. Manoeuvrability +10 Detection: +25 Hull : 70 hp. Armor :21. turret : 2.
75/90 Power, 78/78 Space. 73 Ship points.
pros :
it's a freakin' battlecruiser. Though, deadly. Can cover its rear thanks to the launch bay, and help the invasion on the ground. highest potential to evolve later.

Con : expensive, not much to help to earn money right now.
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2014, 03:27:42 PM »
I am all in favour of having a damn battleship, though how would we be getting the extra 2 points? :O

And, to get that many, don't we have the opportunity to start with some archeotech? :D

EDIT: Added the wrong options together to get the maximum. Ignore me. :lmao

EDIT 2: I am aware it's not a true battleship, but the chances of ever getting hold of one of those is so ridiculously slim it's hardly worth considering. XD
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:37:32 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2014, 03:43:14 PM »
Welllll, there are no Battleship available inRT, unless you count in the Wurldbreaka, but that's an Ork ship  :eh
We can do a Grand Cruiser, but I don't like their look. so no :p
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2014, 03:50:01 PM »
Welllll, there are no Battleship available inRT, unless you count in the Wurldbreaka, but that's an Ork ship  :eh
We can do a Grand Cruiser, but I don't like their look. so no :p

And the Archeotech thing? :O

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »
I can add them. I just need to find some Ship points back.
To be clear, I already put them in the Frigate and Orion examples, though I considered we did not took the path who offered one : it is not mandatory for them.

Considering the Overlord, a good one is the plasma drive, as I don't see the plasma drive refit being an easy one to do in game. The teleportarium is very good, but too much prone to abuse, so I try to avoid it when I play. (When I master, that's an other kettle of fishes  :smirk)
One I'd like to try, though, that has the advantage of being "free", is the XED.11178e Umbertas Device from Faith & Coin. It provides for all food supplies forever : no more food shortage, +5 to the crew Morale, and a source of troubles and adventures, because,  well, we got something so useful and rare onboard. :D   
-RAMMING SPEED !