Author Topic: Games I Want to Play  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
Games I Want to Play
« on: November 21, 2015, 04:50:38 PM »
Normally I'd post this in Kitchen Sink, but that subforum is dead so instead I'm doing it here.

As of today I'm planning to run a 13th Age game.  If all goes well that will be one RPG off my bucket list.  As time goes on I've been more open to trying out new systems, both as a game designer wanting to see how non-D20 games do things, and to take a break from Pathfinder.

Typically I prefer gaming with people I know and interacted with in some shape or fashion as opposed to total strangers, so I'm putting this check list up here when it comes time for me to gather people together.  Generally speaking I'm considering trying a new game every week or few weeks (more frequent maybe if it's rules-lite) whether as a player or GM.  If it turns out that there's a system I really like and want to continue (what what I did with Vampire for a time), I might put this project on hiatus to more fully experience that fun new game.

Games marked with an asterisk use their own custom system not seen in other RPGs.

Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures (OSR)
Dragon Age RPG (AGE System)
Dungeon Crawl Classics (OSR)
Dungeon World (& Monsterhearts possibly) (Apocalypse World)
Eclipse Phase*
FATE (Core or Accelerated, either's fine)
Fiasco*
Mouse Guard (Burning Wheel)
Numenera (Cypher System)
The One Ring*
OVA: Open Versatile Anime*
Shadow of the Demon Lord*
Spears of the Dawn (OSR)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:59:18 PM by Libertad »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: Games I Want to Play
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 05:44:27 PM »
May I suggest you add Masks to that list? It isn't out yet, but it's essentially Monsterhearts with Superheroes instead of monsters.

I'm in a playtest game of it, and... we are the worst team of superheroes (our team name is currently the [Bleep]-Ups; we're getting to change it due to not fucking up a mission!).

I'm also working on a heist game (With psychic powers. On the MOOOON!) for my friend's company - once I finish the drafting, I'll send you a copy (I need playtesters, damn it!)
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 02:34:18 AM »
I may add Masks once I get a copy/comes out.  In the meantime, I decided to narrow things down to a Top Five for games which intrigue me the most at the moment.

1.) Dungeon World
2.) Eclipse Phase
3.) FATE
4.) Numenera
5.) Shadow of the Demon Lord

Additionally, today's 13th Age Game went very, very well.  We probably erred rules-wise in places as we were all new to the system, but from what we experienced there's a lot to love.  Even then, I'd like to play the system more and get a better feel for it.  I might run one or two more sessions of it before trying out another game.

Offline ~Corvus~

• My Greed has spread here too =D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 03:40:03 AM »
My housemate has played Numenara several times and has enjoyed it each time he's played it. I do recommend.
Quote from: HuskyBoi
I just need a minute to appreciate the words 'goliath lamp-post sneak attack'. That's a thing of beauty, right there.

Greedling avatar by Ceika from Giantitp.