Author Topic: Anauroch - The Great Desert - at some other place [Aria, Felgryn, Thor]  (Read 34531 times)

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
Re: Anauroch - The Great Desert - at some other place [Aria, Felgryn, Thor]
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »
"This plane is what will help keep us safe." Answered Felgryn.  "Let's just pretend we're Bullete's and keep our heads, well... out of the sand.  As for me, I can burrow just fine on my own though this is faster, but my tremorsense work from here so we'll need to stick to visual reconnaissance..."

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 11:44:03 AM »
(click to show/hide)

"Tracking them shouldn't be an issue as they'll be leaving a giant path in the sand for us to follow. Right now we just need a place to hide until they pass over and get a good ways away."

(click to show/hide)

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 06:16:30 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »
Aria peered around while poking her head out of the 'sand'. "It's really hard to see around here." She commented to herself, "Oi Magnar, could you take a peek on the material occasionally?" she requested, "I'm afraid we might miss their passing otherwise with our limited vision."

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 11:54:22 AM »
As they waited in their strange hiding place the demons drew nearer. To those who cared to go close enough to watch, a truly strange sight revealed itself:
In the mids of the horde, the terrible winged, flaming form of the Balor stood out, his whip dancing between the other demons and keeping them on the move.  Then there were various other kinds, from powerful to weaker fodder. But the most striking forms were some non-demons: Five-headed, winged mutant forms, each with two draconic heads, two goat heads and what seemed to be their original head: There was what used to be a troll, and a sleak dog-like desert predator native to this part of Anauroch. There was also a smaller demon that now had those four extra heads, and wings which his normal brethren did not have. These creatures were marching with the demons without resistance.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:34:18 AM by brainpiercing »

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 06:07:08 PM »
Felgryn who had been trailing the horde finally caught up with the others after it had passed over them.

"Did anyone else see that?  Several of their captives appear to be Chimerical in nature.  What kind of magic would cause that?  Chimera breed true...but not normally across species lines."

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 10:56:40 AM »
Aria nodded, "Aye, I've never seen anything like it. It's a bit terrifying to be honest."

[future actions if no one has anything else to say]

Aria waited a while for the demon hoard to get some distance, then opened another portal back to the material plane.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:01:50 PM by Xanzibard »

Offline mthor

• The inches ofmy penis are a countably infinite set
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 11:26:08 PM »
(click to show/hide)
As Thor steped throught the portal to the material plane he quickly called forth the bird whos eyes fed directly into his soul. "Fly quickly, dark bird and bring back good news." He murmered quietly before sending it out to track the demons movement from on high.
good old dependable sexy

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »
ooc@mthor
(click to show/hide)

As they stepped out of the portal the demons were a while away, continuing on their original trajectory. Their trail was a wide swathe of trampled sand, plainly to be seen. Some firey dots were visible in the distance when they crossed the ridge of a dune. Thor's bird had no trouble finding them.

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2011, 12:15:37 AM »
Felgryn stood within the Ethereal side of the portal glancing out. 

"Wouldn't it be more prudent to stay and track them from this side of the great veil?"

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 11:42:51 PM »
Aye, it might be more prudent. But I have little experiance in crossing the veil, and in my experiance prudence rarely pays the gambler.
good old dependable sexy

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 03:06:41 PM »
"I understand your concern." nodded Aria, "However, with our limited vision within the ether we wouldn't know we were approaching their lair until we were right on top of it. And I'd rather avoid that situation if at all possible, veil or no."

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 12:17:24 AM »
Magnar chimed in.

"Aye, and leastwise in the Anauroch, we're in the desert, easy to see or feel trouble coming.  The ether is far more populated than a desert, and by things drawn towards travelers therein..."

Given the credibility of a ghost on such matters, Felgryn nodded his agreement and stepped back through into the material plane...which was odd considering they were coterminous with each other...stepping back to where you started from.

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »
Thor steped through as well and took a moment to summon forth his bird, sending it in an arc to determin the land around them. The air around him thickened and swirled, partially obscuring his form.
(click to show/hide)
good old dependable sexy

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 10:24:55 AM »
The bird located the demons without problems. From high up it could also spot - still several tens of miles away - what appeared to be structures in the desert. The demons seemed to be heading there.

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 04:37:52 AM »
"What now?  What in Uthgar's name are those?"  the ghost asked.

"Thor, can you send your bird to get a closer look?"  Felgryn added to the strange human.

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 09:02:21 PM »
"Aye, and while you're doing that we may as well start walking in that direction." added Aria, as she mounted her floating saddle and guided it down the wide path the demons had created in the sand.

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »
"Not too close now." Felgryn added as he followed along the delightful little pixie-thing.  "Better to let the bird scout from on high before we walk into a trap..."

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 AM »
"Aye, getting a closer look is a better idea then going in half cocked..." Thor muttered.  The bird swooped in for a closer look. Through his link with the bird, Thor counted the enemies. Now that the number was three, Ambush was a significant option. Thor flexed his fist causing the air to swirl and eddy. He was obviously ready for action and holding himself back from simply attempting to destroy that which he deemed evil. 
(click to show/hide)
good old dependable sexy

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »
Even for a bird the distance to the structures was a good stretch of flight - they were approximately 40 miles away. The demon troop was marching in a straight line towards them. They seemed pretty carefree, parading their prisoners in front of them, and occasionally applying the whip even to the dominated creatures.

It had to be clear to everyone involved that this was still a very powerful troop of demons. With the three of them, they could probably take on a couple of the intermediate demons. But the leader's aura was crushing even from a distance and viewed via the bird. Their most powerful prisoner was much more powerful than the demons of the kind he used to be, due to this mutation, but the demon leader had snuffed out two of his kind in an instant (as Thor had perceived from hiding), without taking much more than a scratch. This was the awesome power of a Balor, one of the most powerful creatures to roam the abyss, and occasionally walking the prime. As it was, only a supremely organised and executed ambush could have a chance.

[ooc]
(click to show/hide)