Author Topic: Anauroch - The Great Desert - at some other place [Aria, Felgryn, Thor]  (Read 34506 times)

Offline mthor

• The inches ofmy penis are a countably infinite set
    • View Profile
Re: Anauroch - The Great Desert - at some other place [Aria, Felgryn, Thor]
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »
The bird purposely swoops forward towards the structures hoping to gain insight into their purpose
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:15:57 PM by mthor »
good old dependable sexy

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »
"Yes, of course." nodded Aria, as she slowed the invisible beast to a leisurely pace, "We should use this walk to get to know each other better. We're probably going in over our heads on this one so it would be a good idea to know each others fighting styles and abilities so we can come up with a good plan."

(click to show/hide)

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 03:17:56 PM »
Thor sauntered forward, half his attention on his companions half his attention on the bird that streaked forward through the sky.
"For now my focus in combat is using the air to precisely blast enemies into oblivion... I have other abilities but streaking out from hiding or invisibility are they take time and are usually less effective then a surprise attack. " Thor paused for a second "I am also working on controling a spirit that will allow me to summon demons or other extraplanatar creature to do my bidding."
(click to show/hide)
good old dependable sexy

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 09:41:36 PM »
"Oh, you must know quite a bit about demons then, huh?" asked Aria excitedly, "Any information you have would help greatly!"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:43:16 PM by Xanzibard »

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2012, 05:16:58 AM »
[ooc Aria]
(click to show/hide)

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »
"On the contrary, my knowledge of the planes is quite limited. One does not need to understand the planes to call upon their power" Thor smiled ironicly.
(click to show/hide)
good old dependable sexy

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »
"Ah, I see..." Aria sighed with a slightly disappointed look. It was fleeting though as she shortly popped back to her usual cheerfulness. "Oh well, my turn then. I usually sneak around invisibly charming my foe's from a range or going in close and stripping them of their magical abilities while hopefully paralyzing them." she paused a moment before continuing, "You should also know that I gain most of my abilities by borrowing essence from my allies, for example I couldn't travel through the ether without borrowing the essence of this one here." She padded one of her saddle bags which bulged and rustled slightly from the touch. "So if any of you have an ability that would be useful to double I can help with that."

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 04:06:54 AM »
"Oh demons?  Aye, I can tell ye about demons.  What is it ye wanted to know?" the gregarious ghost said.

"As for what we do, well...I can still carry a rousing tune, while rocks-for-brains here pretty much tears anything to shreds that needs shredding...probably not enough for that Balor though, not to mention all his friends."

"At least I have a brain, and not just empty space between my ears." Retorted the marbled wall that was Felgryn.

"Though I'll admit, I do get a charge your warsongs..."

(click to show/hide)

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 08:27:51 AM »
[ooc for Magnar]
(click to show/hide)

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 05:02:36 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 05:37:09 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2012, 01:47:22 PM »
As the strange group watched from a distance, there was a disturbance in the demon party. They stopped their forward movement, and then the Balor's whip came out and flew among his brethren like streaks of fire, literally whipping them into formation. They seemed to be forming up northward, and whatever threat they were perceiving must have been real, for just a few seconds later, a second Balor appeared. And then over a dune a group of riders appeared, although they were not really riding, they were flying low on huge black mounts, huge lances set to charge. Then puffs of smoke exploded from the mount's nostrils, obscuring them completely for a few seconds before they erupted lances first and drove into the Demon lines. The foremost was immediately tossed from his steed like a puppet, but the others bore on, and with a clash that created tangible shockwaves in the desert sand the lances hit demon hide. First one, then two hit one of the Balor's, and quite suddenly a huge fireball obscured the entire scene. Even as the smoke cleared, not seconds later a second fireball denounced the destruction of the second Balor. The remaining riders (they were missing at least two of their group, but their was no trace of bodies) were encircled by demons (who were also sorely decimated by the blasts), but they calmly disengaged into the air, waited for their comrade to regain his mount, before racing on southward at a breakneck pace.

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 04:01:08 PM »
"By the  great worms frozen testicles!" Thor swore. "What the blazes was that?" Thor immediately dismissed his first bird and called one forth from the ether to follow the mysterious riders. Thor then took a quick survey of the remaining demon forces. Hoping to assess their strength.
good old dependable sexy

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2012, 04:38:29 AM »
"I do not know...but they only showed interest in the Balor." Felgryn said stoicly. He likewise surveyed the remaining extraplanar forces still clinging to life after the Balor's meteoric destruction.  He could tell this strange human was thirsty for blood.

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2012, 05:29:26 AM »
The riders were moving at ridiculous speed - they were either driving their mounts to their limits, or indeed they had no limits: Even a cursory peek at the black creatures showed that where there should be flesh, there was only bone. They could run forever, and never tire.

If the bird was going to follow them, it would have to increase its altitude to keep them in view. If it did, it would see them fly southward, while slowly circling towards the east west. And there more of their kind became visible, as rapidly moving black specks in the distance.

As to the remainder of the demon force: the exploding Balors had destroyed a lot of them, basically tearing a 200ft diameter circle of death into their group. Now only a few of the outliers were left. Also, one of the prisoners (the scrawny bird-like demon with five heads) now seemed free, albeit badly injured, while the mutated troll was lying among a dissolving heap of destroyed demons, and slowly regenerating. The other prisoner, the desert predator, was dead. The five-headed demon could be seen surveying the destruction, and poking the troll. The surviving demons were basically running about without coordination at all, not knowing what to do without their commanders.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:25:58 AM by brainpiercing »

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
Aria sat frozen and wide eyed on her mount. She had momentarily flickered in and out of sight, going invisible reflexively, but recovered from the shock shortly although still mumbling something, "What was.. What?...", obviously at a loss for words.

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2012, 10:39:21 AM »
The demon forces are weakened but not destroyed. I feel like we should not leave such trash around. People could be harmed. Said Thor. He started spinning up his defenses as smoke started to pour from him body, obscuring his features.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:41:22 AM by mthor »
good old dependable sexy

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »
The demons didn't - from the distance - seem too capable of putting up any kind of fight at this point. They mainly milled about, aimlessly, shying away from their former prisoner. When one did approach him(although one could only guess the sex with these scrawny bird demons), he got badly clawed up and bitten within seconds, and retreated back into the relative safety of the leaderless group.

The mutated demon began dragging the incapacitated mutated Troll away. He was apparently quite intent on not leaving anyone behind.

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2012, 05:19:30 PM »
Aria regained her composure and nodded. "Yes, finishing them off would be a good idea. However, it would also be a good idea to at least attempt to talk to those strange ones; I have a feeling they are not all bad." Aria said, eying the demon who was apparently helping a friend. "That behavior seems very uncharacteristic for a demon."

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2012, 10:56:14 PM »
"Well then...it seems most of the work was done for us.  Never heard of such beings but we had better pray they don't decide we are their enemies..."