Author Topic: Spells- What spells to use?  (Read 2012 times)

Offline The-Mage-King

• Honorary Mod
  • Oi! Ask me to proofread!
    • View Profile
Spells- What spells to use?
« on: October 22, 2012, 09:51:22 AM »
As a major part of the Talent project, I need to revise most of the spells in the game. Since all casting will be based on the psionics rules, I figure I should take what I can of it.

Here's a basic thing regarding how magic is set up.

I've condensed to 6 schools of magic, which should make things be easier to plan out.

What I need is suggestions for the spells converted. Got a handful of first level Evoc spells planned out, but...

And yes, I'm planning dual-school spells for the wierd ones. Disguise Self, for example.

------------------------

The Schools of Magic

Thaumaturgy- Spells dealing with use of energy in a pure form. Some are offensive, and some are defensive, but all use energy.

Conjuration- Spells that create, summon, and call. These bring new things into existence, or move already existing things to a new place.

Divination- Spells related to knowledge, foresight, and planning.

Necroturgy- Spells relating to life and death. Creating undead falls here, as does healing magic.

Transmutation- Spells related to altering an existing thing. Spells that convert existing materials into new structures, as well as those that enhance magical items, fall under this school.

Enchantment- Spells that affect the mind and senses. Illusions fall here, as does direct mind meddling.

Some spells may have aspects of two schools. If so, they typically have multiple access augments, one for each school involved, but are only affected by one of the access talents, chosen at casting.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:21:00 PM by The-Mage-King »

Offline The-Mage-King

• Honorary Mod
  • Oi! Ask me to proofread!
    • View Profile
Re: Spells- What spells to use?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
Due to a conversation had, Evocation will be renamed to Thaumaturgy. It... Fits better.