Author Topic: Getting venomfire on a characters class list  (Read 1592 times)

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
Getting venomfire on a characters class list
« on: September 23, 2016, 04:01:47 PM »
Is there a reasonably painless way to get venomfire on to the Wizard list?  Or even beguiler or nar demonbinder list? Preferably using either items or a single feat.
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Getting venomfire on a characters class list
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 06:55:53 PM »
Yes, like you could be a Changeling and enter the Recaster PrC out of Races of Eberron, it is a 4/5 caster class worth the CL loss and one of the many things it does for you is rip any two Spells from any Class List onto your existing Class. I think there are a couple other PrCs out there that can do it, like Rainbow Servant, given that Venomfire is also Cleric Spell.

In addition, nearly any True Dragon can access Venomfire as an Arcane Spell allowing them to create a Runestaff with it. As a Magical Item you can make a successfully UMD Check to use the item as if Venomfire were on your Spell List. This ultimately means for a couple thousand gold you can access it, well really up to almost any five Spells when you think about it, either pretty easily which is what you're wanting. The catch is it does require a specific sort of crafter, which while broad, we are also talking about a very overpowered Spell. You may face respectable DM limitations in this area depending on campaign power levels.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:01:05 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
Re: Getting venomfire on a characters class list
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 07:27:33 PM »
Campaign power level is pretty high.  Venomfire has been changed to rd/lvl and 1d6/3 Cl. I've got a malconvoker that wants to be able to use the spell regularly on fiendish colossal spider summons. Just trying to find a way to make it happen without major rebuilding. Dragon crafted runestaff looks like my best option. I'd use extra spell, but everything I find suggests it's less than legal. 
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.