Author Topic: OOC Chapter 1  (Read 15941 times)

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
OOC Chapter 1
« on: April 25, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »
I've set the time a bit before midnight, in case anyone wants a word in private before the fey patron gets within earshot, cast spells or do any other special preparations.

Once everyone is satisfied, we will skip ahead.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 10:09:05 AM »
Still running the default Presence Aura for the moment. I'm sparkly.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 01:29:48 PM »
Lobinha and her team are mostly statted up, just still some gold to spend and missing basic utilities like rope and food and whatnot. Do have a lot of waterskins to trigger Lobinha's transformation.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 01:39:13 PM »
Okay, that text's a bit hard to read.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 01:44:20 PM »
Okay, that text's a bit hard to read.

Yeah, that's just blinding.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »
Agree about the text formatting, it is extremely hard on the eyes. I had to mark it just to read it, and probably couldn't read it on mobile at all.

Lobinha and her team are mostly statted up, just still some gold to spend and missing basic utilities like rope and food and whatnot. Do have a lot of waterskins to trigger Lobinha's transformation.
The free bonus feat was originally only intended for PCs, but if you all also want it for minions we can do so. Just keep in mind that monsters will then have a bonus feat, even if it is just something quick and crummy like Weapon Focus or one of the save boosters.

Also, didn't 60 years come with a mark of green hair? Which will of course be much more suspicious in Krevborna than in Touhou, so we could work out something more subtle. (Well, as subtle as a wolf-eared character with a menagerie of obvious supernaturals can be.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 06:51:35 PM by Skyrock »

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 05:21:02 PM »
Detect Magic plus Magic-Psionics Transparency plusher  not actually knowing anything about psionics but having an invocation that makes her count as trained in all knowledge skills...
Hmm.

Offline Arccosecant

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 06:54:12 PM »
I forgot to specify my weapon abilities for the mind blade and mind arrow. Will edit my post to include those as well.
At this point I've given up on looking for equipment, might just keep a lot of pocket change.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 08:44:00 PM »
might just keep a lot of pocket change.

Hello, friend!   ;) :lol
Hmm.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 08:50:28 PM »
Agree about the text formatting, it is extremely hard on the eyes. I had to mark it just to read it, and probably couldn't read it on mobile at all.

The free bonus feat was originally only intended for PCs, but if you all also want it for minions we can do so. Just keep in mind that monsters will then have a bonus feat, even if it is just something quick and crummy like Weapon Focus or one of the save boosters.

I'm giving in to popular demand - there will be no bonus feat for accepting random abilities. Instead, there will be a bonus feat for everyone. You get a feat, and you get a feat, and you get a feat! Everyone gets a feat!
You had specifically said "everyone" so fair's fair. :P

Also, didn't 60 years come with a mark of green hair? Which will of course be much more suspicious in Krevborna than in Touhou, so we could work out something more subtle. (Well, as subtle as a wolf-eared character with a menagerie of obvious supernaturals can be.)

Knew I was forgetting something
What are you talking about, Lobinha clearly has green hair and speaks in green glowing text.

Would rather keep the forbidden school's original penalty, so how much for a hoodie that can cover her hair and ears (and the fairy's wings)?

Plus hey, judges do wear wigs, so how much for one that could do the trick?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:20:38 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 09:06:34 PM »
There's more enemies than us, though, so buffing every enemy for the sake of getting minions a bonus feat each is not an equivalent exchange. :p

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 09:19:51 PM »
Speaking of buffing, between Lobinha and Anoitecer I'm granting the whole party +8 to initiative checks, then when combat breaks out we switch to the combat auras and give +1 to all allied attack rolls, +2 to all melee damage rolls, +6 to melee damage rolls against flanked enemies, and Lobinha has Tactics of the Wolf for another +3 damage against a flanked enemy (total of +11 damage per hit for everybody if we gank someone), while Nion and Nia the fairy commoners have Bolstering Voice (+2 to Will saves, +4 against fear aura) and Martial Spirit (heal 2 HP per melee hit aura) so I quite ike our odds even if enemies get a free weapon focus or Iron Will. :D

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 09:57:26 PM »
I'm not sure what having that many buffs has to do with an extra feat, though. It just means if for some reason we're separated or something happens to minions (inevitable, it's Gothic Horror), then that's an extra bonus for the opposition.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2019, 07:31:43 AM »
There's like ten of us counting minions? Seems fine with me. As long as cannon fodder minions don't get any other bonuses from CDTCT. That seems like something only named enemies should ever get. Since the bonuses are from 'just being that good' and vanilla mobs aren't.
Hmm.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 09:30:52 AM »
There's like ten of us counting minions? Seems fine with me.
Of which most are made of wet tissue paper though, and would drop dead if so much happens as an NPC adept sneezing a Burning Hands spell on them.

Would rather keep the forbidden school's original penalty, so how much for a hoodie that can cover her hair and ears (and the fairy's wings)?
I would strongly recommend that they disguise themselves when they enter civilization - especially as the nearest point of civilization is a radical theocracy full of witchfinders and inquisitors.

A Disguise check of 12 on a Take 10 should be enough to make it past routine observers (assuming Wis +/- 0, no Spot ranks and Take 10, and the -2 mod for disguising). All but Lobinha and Anoitecer would currently fail that treshold, so it might be a good idea to spread out some MW Disguise tools and consumable Disguise Kits.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 10:06:09 AM »
I would strongly recommend that they disguise themselves when they enter civilization - especially as the nearest point of civilization is a radical theocracy full of witchfinders and inquisitors.

A Disguise check of 12 on a Take 10 should be enough to make it past routine observers (assuming Wis +/- 0, no Spot ranks and Take 10, and the -2 mod for disguising). All but Lobinha and Anoitecer would currently fail that treshold, so it might be a good idea to spread out some MW Disguise tools and consumable Disguise Kits.

Done, but I'll still ask if Lobinha and Anoitecer can't just bluff/diplo through checkpoints, or at least aid another the basic minions.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 10:36:17 AM »
*puts on sunglasses. motions to the angel statue behind her*

"We're on a mission from God."
Hmm.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 07:53:51 PM »
I'll advance the clock tomorrow to midnight.

If you still want to get some last minute preps in, announce so now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2019, 09:14:03 AM »
that does not make me an truely skilled infiltrator

You don't say, Mr. 12' tall statue.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile