Author Topic: Revised Rituals 'R' Us  (Read 8571 times)

Offline FireInTheSky

• Honorary Mod
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
Re: Revised Rituals 'R' Us
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »
Enduring Ritual is just a bonus ritual slot with extra restrictions. It's not doing anything special.

Communal Ritual has promise. It's sort of like Mass Share Ritual. Circle of Good Hope.
FTFY

Also, the idea was kinda that the Enduring Ritual would be the one to get shared by Communal Ritual. But, I see what you mean.

I just had a thought. How about removing that hp damage from the baseline ritual tracing (it's always been problematic). Instead, make the Bloodstained Ritual feat do something along the lines of "When you trace a ritual, you may deal 1 damage to yourself or to a willing or helpless creature. If you do, the ritual gains {some small bonus}." Then, instead of the Witchblood just gaining Ritual Focus like the Ritualist, it could gain Bloodstained Ritual (and probably a couple of the other feats in that line, like it used to) and tie in the save DC boost to using that?
I like it!

Sorry for kinda dropping this just after I started it. I need to start my job search, but looking for work scares the shit out of me, so I mostly end up procrastinating about everything and not doing anything productive at all.
Not a problem. You do you. Good luck in the search!  :)

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Revised Rituals 'R' Us
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 11:44:31 PM »
Next batch of rituals is up, as is a new table (thanks for the interim one, FitS). I wrote a program in Java to automatically generate the ritual table from a file, so it's not a problem for me to update it, at all. Note that the "description" in the table is just the first sentence of the ritual's contents for now.

I did up to Ritual of the Blessed Soul. I skipped over the following rituals so far:
(click to show/hide)