Author Topic: What alignment would you give these sort of druids?  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Agrippa

• I'm not quite sure what to say.
    • View Profile
What alignment would you give these sort of druids?
« on: March 31, 2012, 01:06:16 AM »
Out of general curiosity I'd like to ask the good people of Minmax forums what sort of alignment they would assign to the druids depicted in this article. Not based on the writer's claims but upon your judgement.

Offline weenog

• View Profile
Re: What alignment would you give these sort of druids?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:19:00 AM »
I'd give NE to someone who asks people to participate in an alignment thread, while contributing no more effort to the shitstorm he's starting than linking a PDF he can't even be bothered to type out himself.

Are you a druid?
"Whoops, forgot to roll my fire and holy damage."
"I doubt she's going to make a DC 111 Fort save, anyway."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 02:26:47 AM »
I'd...yeah, keep them at True Neutral.  That's what they believe and what they do, after all--they aren't espousing any particular alignment over the others.

If we're allowing it, I'd go for unaligned.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Agrippa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 03:13:03 AM »
I'd give NE to someone who asks people to participate in an alignment thread, while contributing no more effort to the shitstorm he's starting than linking a PDF he can't even be bothered to type out himself.

Are you a druid?

I'll answer you on both questions. No, I'm not a druid. Two I do plan to actually take part in this thread. The druids mentioned in the post believe that the Great Wheel is an abomination against nature, despite it having occured naturally as well. As such they see anything from either one of the Outer Planes as an alien threat to the natural world. Ultimately in this view all extraplanar creatures, with the exception of elementals, are things to be banished or destroied no matter how useful or benevolent they may prove themselves. This would also include the half-mortal children of such creatures.

Offline JohnnyMayHymn

• Former Lord of the Kitchen Sink
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 03:20:29 AM »
Well, these druids are clearly NG, for comparison.
The Emperor
Can you find the Wumpus?

Offline Agrippa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 03:30:50 AM »
Well, these druids are clearly NG, for comparison.

Oh sure, burning an innocent man alive as part of a sacrifice is a really Good act. By the way, if you're going to reference The Wicker Man, at least reference the 1973 classic version and not the 2006 version iwth Nick Cage in a bear suit.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 07:16:43 AM »
Where does it say anywhere that the Great Wheel occurred "naturally"?  What does "naturally" mean?
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline caelic

• fnord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 09:32:11 AM »

Oh sure, burning an innocent man alive as part of a sacrifice is a really Good act. By the way, if you're going to reference The Wicker Man, at least reference the 1973 classic version and not the 2006 version iwth Nick Cage in a bear suit.

Aww, c'mon, how can you not enjoy the Oscar-worthy effort Cage puts in?  "How'ditgetburned, how'ditgetBURNED!?"

Heh.

Offline Agrippa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »
Where does it say anywhere that the Great Wheel occurred "naturally"?  What does "naturally" mean?

I just assume that anything that imerges from the general fabric of the universe counts as natural.

Offline Kajhera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »
Planar Shepherds are examples of druids with a diametrically opposed view to this interpretation, who see the Outer Planes not only as natural, but meant to be brought into contact as much as possible with the Inner Worlds.

They're protecting the Material Plane from becoming absorbed into the other planes. This could easily be done via isolationism, genocide, deicide, diplomacy, demagoguery, wards, contracts, banishments or many other approaches. Pretty sure whether they take a Good, Evil, Lawful, or Chaotic approach to it is going to depend on the individual druid and what part of the society they're in, but in the end, they're environmentalists trying to preserve what they see as the unique ecology of the Prime Material.

Not really anything to do with an alignment, natively.

Also, trying to save your soul, but this is true of religious followers of the gods too, who simply have a different definition of salvation. (Varying from eternal happiness, to eternal preservation of your knowledge and memories, to the near-complete destruction of the individual.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:35:14 PM by Kajhera »

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 04:26:13 PM »
4e ditched the alignment restrictions on Druids.

They could be:
Insane = alignment doesn't matter much.
FarRealms = we hate illithids.  illithids are everywhere.  help us.  kill everywhere gets illithids.  &Xorp !!
Choatic Evil = xenophobic like GithZerai + kill everyone not like me/us
Lawful Good = Paladins of the Universe, stamping out the "roaches"
Chaotic Good = Bacchae-like revelers decide at a whim, the Universe needs to start over, for a better party ; it'll all work out in the end.

What were the genies that are combos of the 4 elements?
Elemental "Neutrality" requires a special operation.
The Druids are Mercs for that elemental King, and unknowingly.
Your codpiece is a mimic.