Author Topic: High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting  (Read 200769 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
As a reminder, Doll Judgement stances take a fullround action to initiate and not a swift action unlike most stances.

I'll let that one slide since this time since this turn's update is delayed more than enough and you probably could have deployed them beforehand, but something to keep in mind in the future.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2014, 12:40:03 PM »
Still wondering if the dragon has enough HP to survive all that. XD

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2014, 08:33:38 AM »
Oooh, that's a nice axe. :D

If Amaterasu used it, would it work out as being sized for Colossal, or am I better off sticking with my sword for damage?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:37:31 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 01, 2014, 12:48:56 PM »
After that, it's a move action to keep it going in a straight line (back and forth?) for a round... which she'll use if possible to make sure there's no chance of anything following them that way.
It has only one direction so it would keep going in whichever direction it was first sent at.
What happens at each round is per round spent concentrating, so if you use it on round 6 you'd get the build up from round 5, not the 6th.
Its a concentration thing, so if something happens to Ama and breaks her concentration before it is used, she loses the whole damn thing.

Treasure

Mesata has been earned but no amount has been specified.
Otherwise, that is some serious loot.

Here's my thoughts on it all:

Zaxe: Works well with Mao, Ama and Baha.
We all already have a better weapon as far as base damage goes.
Mao has a lot of stats based on Str so it works well with her.
Ama and Baha could perhaps use a weapon with the Power property when they are not in a mecha.
Baha doesn't seem to have a weapon with which he can use along with his natural weapons (as a control rod) so any weapon could help.

Vistburn: Very good for Ama and Baha. Rending used out of a mecha is nice when you don't already have an equivalent ability
Better Will saves is good for them and the bonus Con is pretty awesome for all their abilities.

Vol Scale: Pretty good for Mao, Ama, Baha and Kath.
Base damage is huge and so is its base crit threat range. If a way to have it increase to match Baha or Ama's larger sizes the base damage would skyrocket. Using crit threat range increasing sources to further increase the threat range would make easier criticals.
They can all benefit from it when using many attacks. Shaken debuff benefits everyone. Charisma bonus is better for Baha mostly and nobody would spit on extra HP.

Alba Laser: Seems made specifically for Kath. She can always take more Dex, speed and yet an extra attack in a fullattack by juggling through her weapons.

Alba Obside: Mostly good for Baha and Hugo, though almost everyone could greatly benefit from being able to discharge a maneuver along with an attack.

So here's my suggestion.
Zaxe: Mao
Vistburn: Baha
Vol Scale: Ama
Alba Laser: Kath
Alba Obside: Hugo
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:02:58 PM by Anomander »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »
Then Os just reads one line higher? I'm not really certain whether this just means it's one more round before firing, or cutting one round off the total because of overheating. Still.

I already have Rending from MoL, I just keep forgetting about it. Amaterasu ignores half DR. >_>;

Think Rending is DR and Power is AC, at least. Also I have the spirit to double threat ranges! :lmao

So I'd really be much better off with either of the other two (and the first means more spirit...), not the one with the smallest crit range, lowest damage, and property I've already got. :p
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:00:47 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 01, 2014, 01:52:38 PM »
Oooh, that's a nice axe. :D

If Amaterasu used it, would it work out as being sized for Colossal, or am I better off sticking with my sword for damage?
It would scale up with you, yes.

Treasure

Mesata has been earned but no amount has been specified.
There's no mesata. But you're right that the 48 135 meseta from the loot are missing, gonna add that one to the IC.  :P

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 01, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »
Mm. Anyway: the scale seems more useful for combining with Warrior Spirit, along with doing more damage anyway, plus Amaterasu's size means the DC should be really high if she actually hits anything with it. The effects on the axe are more beneficial (Power, larger crit range, more Strength), though.

Vistburn is basically giving me a minor save bonus and +2 con, whilst doing bad, bad things to damage. It's one handed, even. :/

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 01, 2014, 03:33:45 PM »
Aye. Meseta.

Vistburn for Ama was mostly meant to be used as a boost item rather than its  usefulness as a weapon.
+4 to Con and the bonus on will saves improves general survivability and her nuclear maneuvers.
The actual damage and crit threat ranges of the weapon are irrelevant when it turns into a control rod so I figured it was a moot point.
If the Scales were used normally (not a control rod), its damage would be pretty impressive with Ama. I think Baha can reach big sizes too and maybe doesn't have a Rend weapon equivalent ability.
Ama could also have both the Zaxe and another weapon too. Mao doesn't really need them while meseta is a sure value.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:58:27 PM by Anomander »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 01, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »
Eh, if it comes to melee, Way of the Sword. Much more useful than Light Tension, though that's good for, for instance, trying to annihilate a corridor.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 01, 2014, 07:31:42 PM »
As long as we quickly agree on who gets what quickly I don't care either way.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2014, 07:35:08 PM »
Oh goodie, Hugo is going to become a mix between a Magnificent Bastard and a Yu-Gi-Oh reject.  :P
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2014, 07:47:41 PM »
Well, the axe is my favourite, because of Power, but I can work with the sword. Depends on what SorO thinks. <.<

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2014, 08:41:29 PM »
Vol Scale would be pretty nice, and I could dual wield with it :p or use it when I have no energy like during the entire fight at the front door...

But I'll only take a melee weapon if no body else wants or can use it.

As for that Alba Laser, it is pretty nice, and Dex to damage is right up my ally. More movement is just lovely and something that stacks with my Dex item is even better  :D
And it works when I have no energy *thumbsup*
And I can dual wield it  :lmao
Runnin' & gunnin' & slashin' & stabbin'~

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2014, 11:05:54 AM »
"The lasers I can make work, the floor not so much."
If it's stopping the floor or other parts of the tower from regenerating, Hugo can do that from the terminals.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »
The wall terminals seem perfectly operational. Front panel menus show a series of security options, such as self-repair protocols, energy routes, subterranean bot production facilities-Acess denied!!

I noticed that line. :p

Right, so Baha gets the Vistburn, Amaterasu takes the Zaxe, and the Vol Scale... uh, well, Nanosuit Girl, you use it! Or Mao. We can do an item swap if a 10-20 crit range looks like a good idea. :lmao

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2014, 12:35:17 PM »
Mao has no use for the Vol Scale except perhaps the bonus Hp and giving it to one of her minions.
Someone else take it too. I'll just grab the money.

She can't change her size so she cannot make good use of its base damage. It is two handed and she needs at least one of her youkai blades to do the AT maneuvers and she has better weapons for damage.
More Cha doesn't change much since all Cha based abilities do nothing for her. More Hp is more Hp.
Her main puppet has a better weapon. Her main cohort could perhaps use it but it doesn't really use weapons.

Not to mention that Mao would get a negative level for wielding an anarchic weapon. Nevermind. She's immune to energy drain.
Would be anti-thematic either way.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:05:53 PM by Anomander »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2014, 06:07:47 PM »
If it's stopping the floor or other parts of the tower from regenerating, Hugo can do that from the terminals.

I imagined as much, but Hugo REALLY doesn't want to stick around any longer than absolutely necessary.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2014, 06:08:33 PM »

I imagined as much, but Hugo REALLY doesn't want to stick around any longer than absolutely necessary.

Well, it shouldn't take long.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2014, 06:11:39 PM »
I am half-expecting the bots to keep filling the crater with wave after wave of relentless machinery until their bodies fill the gap Terminator-style, so... yeah. Any time is too long.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2014, 06:13:53 PM »
I am half-expecting the bots to keep filling the crater with wave after wave of relentless machinery until their bodies fill the gap Terminator-style, so... yeah. Any time is too long.

Right, because you totally can't afford to work on going through a few menus etc. whilst talking to the strange girl. Plus your previous post. <.<