Author Topic: Coastal Troubles (IC Thread)  (Read 38702 times)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Coastal Troubles (IC Thread)
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2019, 10:04:50 PM »
Enar advances next to Warsh as well, making fancy moves with her sword more to distract him and hoping to give Magiries an opening. Not exactly the most honorable of tactics but they had been the ones trying to overwhelm the paladins and their companions with sheer numbers.

:"Over here! Fight me! Surrender now, you're all alone! The power of love and justice compels you!"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2019, 10:40:10 PM »
Magiries dives in with her glaive, mostly striking out with the shaft.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2019, 11:22:28 PM »
Warsh steps towards Magiries and touches her with a hand imbued with electricity.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2019, 11:54:37 PM »
:"How dare you ignore me? Sea Light Break!"

Starting to glow brightly with her righteous fury Enar steps after Warsh aiming to gracefully shiv him from behind!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2019, 12:06:45 AM »
"I'm not dead yet," Magiries states, composing herself after the shock--and then striking with the last, desperate fury in her body.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 07, 2019, 12:12:54 AM »
With your combined might the two holy warriors strike down their last enemy.  You know that there are still some villagers hiding in their huts but they have made it clear that they aren't any threat to you.

Elisande comes out of hiding and looks really worried about Aval's condition.  She runs into the smokehouse and runs back out with a bag that she holds out to whichever Paladin looks the friendliest.  "For healing," she says.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 07, 2019, 03:01:53 AM »
:"Love and Justice prevailed once more!"

Enar strikes an heroic and friendly pose, then gracefully accepts the medicine from Elisande with a warm smile.

:" You have my gratitude, you really are a good girl and also a sign of hope that your pure heart has avoided corruption in such a place."

Sailor Justice will procceed to apply the healing to her fallen allies still breathing, then hand out one to Magiries and then if there's any left, one for herself.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 07, 2019, 11:55:46 AM »
Coincidentally enough there are four healing potions within the bag.  Barrin is no longer breathing but Aval and the man who barged out of the Smokehouse and assisted you both are.

The sun is going down, the storm is getting worse, and you are all exhausted.  It is time to rest.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 08, 2019, 10:29:26 AM »
Kamen Rider Kaitou was floating in a sea of darkness.

Nothing was around him. Nothing and no one. He tried calling out but he had no voice.

And then... a light. He followed the light until it became a little less blinding. Through it he could see... a quarry. A glorious quarry where glorious battle awaited.

He could almost see the monsters. The explosions. The giant robots.

And then, with a gasp, he was back amongst the living.

"Whazzat? Tada-san, is that you?"
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2019, 07:58:31 AM »
:"Tada-san? Now, just me, Sailor Justice, or Enar for my friends. The sea surely smiled upon you for allowing you to survive such grievous wounds, certainly for your bravery in aiding us against the evil villagers out of nowhere. Rest for now, but know that something more terrible approaches and we'll need to face it tonight, a ship of the very undead. It is the reason our group came here. Our plan was to organize an evacuation or general defense however seems like we'll have to make a stand in our own, the sea's too stormy to run now. But how did you come to this place? You certainly don't seem like one of the locals."

While listening for any answer from their new companion, nar would take some time to strip the bodies of the dead of anything they didn't need anymore then granting them funerals better than they deserved by offering them to the sea, hoping the local fish would make quick work of them meaning less bodies for any incoming necromancers to defile.

Then she would present the bow, sword and quarterstaff earned from their battle:

:" Anybody wants to hold to one of these? My blade's better up close and although I'm trained in archery, switching from bow and arrow to shield and sword during a fight isn't very easy."

Either way, Enar would then rest and pray to the sea for new strength in their quest. In particular mysticism, the vile hags and that greedy man had all inflicted great damage to them with their spells, if they had learned how to do so in this backwater island, it was about time the paladin started to tap in the holy magic she knew was inside her since she was a little kid. Also figure out a way to use her shield to protect her allies if she couldn't use it to protect herself.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2019, 11:30:25 AM »
"I am Kamen Rider Kaitou. But my friends call me Shoutarou when I'm not wearing the mask." The mysterious masked stranger responded. "I travel far and wide in search of injustices to correct. When I first arrived at this village, they threw me into that place over there for little to no reason. That was how I knew to strike them once you arrived - surely no innocent villagers would imprison a weary traveler for no reason!

I would've liked a ranged option, but alas, I do not know how to properly pull a bow."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2019, 09:39:18 PM »
Aval will flinch a bit as he comes around, and then sulk because he appears to have gotten lost in another genre.

He might go discreetly see who in the village is still alive? (Limping a bit because he's still not fully recovered)

"... Good to meet you."

"I don't need additional weapons; my current bow is quite good enough for me."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2019, 10:22:54 PM »
Any villagers that are still alive are hiding in fear behind locked doors (except for Elisande).

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2019, 01:18:41 PM »
"Magiries Hawklight," the other paladin says, introducing herself and, with some consideration, taking the bow. Her preference would always be for for the solid versatility and strength of a polearm over archery, but the previous fight had shown the risks of magic users simply spreading themselves thin.

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2019, 11:45:28 PM »
Aval will ask Elidande where her parents are, before going to confer with his fellow adventures, ideally a bit quietly.

"Okay, so what do we do with the rest of the villagers, and what does this have to with whatever we're chasing?"

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2019, 12:21:18 AM »
"Speaking of which, what ARE you chasing, and why is a ship full of undead coming to this village?"

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2019, 12:21:52 AM »
Elisande lets Aval know that she doesn't have any parents.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2019, 12:33:42 AM »
"We were here because our duty was to stop the next attack... and all our evidence says that it was to come here. It might possibly be only pirates, but we've had numerous reports of undead and dracoliches. As for why here... it simply spreads along the coast."

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2019, 08:16:35 AM »
While the other remaining villagers hided in fear, that child had not only recognized the party's righteouness but even brought them valuable medicine. She was clearly too brave and good for this backwater cursed place. As a paladin, Enar couldn't just leave her behind when this all was over.

Looking the child in the eyes and smiling, Enar speaks to her:

:"Elisande darling, if you don't have any parents, how about coming to live with auntie Enar and Magiries when the dawn comes? There's a whole big world out there, by road and by ship. You'll be able to see and learn a lot of new things. Do they even have a school in this place? Did anyone taught you how to read and write and math? We can teach you or sign you up in an academy with pretty uniforms and everything. You'll be able to go very far with your courage and brains."

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 16, 2019, 03:03:17 AM »
Aval pops up behind Enar.

"Hey, Don't forget Uncle Aval! I have ... sweets and dubious academic qualifications? And Magic! We'll figure something out. Everything will turn out just fine, even if you don't end up liking whatever the stick-in-the-muds tell you to do! The world is vast and full of things to see and learn"