Author Topic: [MUD] Armageddon: If you liked Dark Sun ...  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Kajhera

• View Profile
[MUD] Armageddon: If you liked Dark Sun ...
« on: January 05, 2012, 12:34:02 PM »
Come pay a visit to the desert world of Zalanthas at armageddon.org.

--
Copied shamelessly from the Quickstart: Zalanthas is a desert planet; water is scarce and its sources bitterly contested. The planet is also metal-poor; a commoner may go a lifetime without seeing a metal object larger than a ring. There is no metal currency; coins are made from obsidian. Most characters choose not to leave the relative safety of the city - the desert is full of brutality and death.
--

So basically, this place is a permadeath RPI MUD. You die, you're dead; you're expected to stay in character as much as possible; and it's a MUD. (I recommend MUSHClient as a good client to play with.)

I'll... I'll write up a better description later I think. Placeholder sentence here. :)

Right now just go check it out. Place is pretty fun. My account there's name is Kalai.

Offline Kajhera

• View Profile
Re: [MUD] Armageddon: If you liked Dark Sun ...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »
Mmkay rather than describing, check out this staff-side log of the set-up for the gladiatorial event going on right now. For players, people don't have names like this; rather, they'll be referred to by their descriptions ('the dusky, scar-licked female'). You don't get to see what people think and feel either of course.  :p

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kajhera

• View Profile
Re: [MUD] Armageddon: If you liked Dark Sun ...
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 08:34:03 AM »
And the brutality and death commences. Behind the scenes we see not all get the privilege to die horribly in the arena. Warning: Gore, violence, unfair odds.  :plotting

(click to show/hide)