Author Topic: Ay-yi-yi! - OOC  (Read 23681 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Ay-yi-yi! - OOC
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2014, 09:16:42 PM »
Yeah, but between the bipod and the crit, I would take the crit, obviously.
I would too.

I'll check the IC thread tomorrow and try to correct any errors I find.

Offline Annforest

• Challenge Accepted!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2014, 09:49:36 PM »
"Limb Chopper" stuff
i must be stupid. I dont get this.

50% miss chance for melee is standard fare really
The rules for creatures engaged into melee states that it is disregarded if you can aim at a part of the creature that is at least 2 squares away from the ally.
Also both must threaten the other and civilians don't threaten with unarmed attacks, so they don't count as engaged into melee.

So they dont bleed out from the limb loss?? I sure did when I lost an arm.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2014, 12:09:50 PM »
"Limb Chopper" stuff
i must be stupid. I dont get this.
Ok, I can try explaining it again.

As you know the game has a gore twist that you can blow off limbs. A "Rated R" take on mini-explosions in a "Rated TV-7" show. Called Shot systems are typically ++AC for ++damage and thus any optimizer pumps their hit chances sky high for the auto-win. To avoid that "kill" shots like to the head, heart, etc. are simply critical hits. Limbs are the only things that have any special impact.

Guns have the option of spending a move action to "aim" and the sword has a passive trait that kicks in when the attack die shows 15 or higher. Removing limbs has a tactical advantage but let's say you're in it for the damage. When your BAB grants a single attack it's better to "full-round" it by using a move to aim & standard to attack for double damage. When your BAB grants two attacks it depends on which weapon you use, like the shotgunaxe is x3 so aiming is better but the handguns are x2 and capable of TWF'ing so a normal Full-Attack could deal up to four increments of damage. How you build and how you choose to take advantage of this is up to you.

Limb Chopper specifically randomizes which limb is loss and there are five possible outcomes on a humanoid. The catch all critical hit, two legs, and two arms. To make it a nice even number for a d6 an additional critical hit was added. Now just like the guns which can score a limb hit using a move action to aim and then threaten a critical hit off the attack roll, limb chopper's limb hits stack with a normal critical hit off the attack roll. But two criticals from your attack roll and limb chopper doesn't because either an attack is critical or isn't, and thy would deal ridiculous amounts of damage (x7) if they did anyway.

Monsters use both of those and more as I make up other things often unique to the monster chosen. And if you still don't get this I try to monitor the dice rolls anyway, after all you make me by not posting the results in the IC thread for easy interference like I do :p

The rules for creatures engaged into melee states ... So they dont bleed out from the limb loss?? I sure did when I lost an arm.
Some days I can rattle off the exact damage a build could do off the top of me head, even calculate BAB/Saves from known classes in seconds. Other days I break out a caliper to count tiny boxes because I'm retarded. This is why I'm not all uptight like you seem to be over damage, yes they bleed and either I would have caught it when it became relevant or when someone else mentions it.

The crowd as I mentioned was a patch of house rules, they were being created as X and that's kind of all there is to it. If it seems a little plausible to swing things in your favor there is an OOC thread to bring it up before you post in the IC. I would have accepted standing on a table. Consider various tweaks my love for tactical alterations and cinematic opportunities. Like doing cart wheels and flips from table to table shooting hippos so they had reductions in movement rates and you didn't was a very real possibly and you would have looked freaking awesome while doing it. But don't feel bad if you don't, depending on the dice you guys could kill the monsters anyway.

Well, not if the dice hate you. And they really seem to, remember that one time BigFoot was on death's door and he turned things around with a critical hit? Fun times.

IC post unfairly doctored. Consider it a Christmas gift Kuro, the rest of this should be easy clean up that'll probably seem a tad boring.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 12:12:43 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Annforest

• Challenge Accepted!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2014, 08:08:30 AM »
uh ok.

Quote from: SorO_Lost
f it seems a little plausible to swing things in your favor there is an OOC thread to bring it up before you post in the IC.
I didnt think id have to since i assume you used normal dnd rules.

Quote from: SorO_Lost
Like doing cart wheels and flips from table to table shooting hippos so they had reductions in movement rates and you didn't was a very real possibly and you would have looked freaking awesome while doing it.
i have no idea how to break the rules to play out scenes like that. if I wanted to do this id roll a tumble check and some jumps to get through tables but there isnt enough actions to both move and shoot aimed shots and i need special feats to shoot during a movement. i dont get how you manage or even allow these cinematic scenes. we never did that kind of stuff in my tabletop games and im really not comfortable with this. are there rules for cinematic actions? If you expect me to use them i dont think I'll be able to go on.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »
are there rules for cinematic actions?
Yes. Per wiki hopping onto a table is a DC 10 Check as a Move Action and ninja flipping cartwheels of don't bite me is a DC 15 Tumble Check. And if you go back to Jump and look at the map you can figure the DC to jump from one table to the next.

Mindful the crowd disperses this round so doing so it less of a tactical advantage as it is something to do for the heck of it.

If you expect me to use them i dont think I'll be able to go on.
I think you're looking at it wrong.

Currently the odds are eyeballed and per averages of whatever I use is close (in a good or bad way) in a face-to-face slap match. For example, Hippo1 was down to half his HP and so where you. Even with the crit the two sides were still even. With Bigfoot he had 1HP and you missed, then ran, and he scored a Critical hit, that's what it took for him to catch up.

But I'm not railroading your combat tactics, if your plan A goes south from bad rolls feel free to invent plan B and I will answer any questions I can to help you do so. Heck, you could even go with hoping a lucky roll tilts things back in your favor if you wanted. But if you're going to play against the dice you can't complain how they land.

If it makes you feel better
Gah December's been so busy, and I only start Christmas vacations at 22 at best, but then I'll go to the countryside with the family so yeah...

Rolled 3d20 : 16, 8, 20, total 44
Rolled 2d20 : 12, 17, total 29
Rolled 3d20 : 4, 20, 20, total 44
Rolled 3d20 : 9, 5, 16, total 30
Rolled 3d20 : 20, 13, 15, total 48
Some more rolls
Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20
Ols just rolled six natural 20s out of sixteen against his party.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:26:24 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 11:23:29 PM »
Question Kuro,

Did you add the +4 to your attack roll? It says 1d20+3 (+1 bab, +2 str?)
Damage also seems to exclude it. The +4 bonus applies to melee damage rolls too. You might have hit for 21 damage :)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2014, 01:39:35 PM »
I forgot, yes.

...and now I can't remember whether I meant to add that to the attack roll or the damage roll.  :banghead
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2014, 07:54:56 PM »
...and now I can't remember whether I meant to add that to the attack roll or the damage roll.  :banghead
You get both.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
In that case, yup, that was 21 damage.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2014, 03:41:07 PM »
It's not that I forgot about everyone but instead of "sleeping" I only get to "nap" in between calls. Everyone manned up their sicknesses during Christmas is now visiting the hospital complaining it's cold outside. So my spare tabs are holding reports I never got finished instead of D&D stats.

Offline Annforest

• Challenge Accepted!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2015, 01:18:53 AM »
:drunk
Happy N Year!!

Cool we level up again! :tantrum
I already got more points than i know what to do with them. What can we spend points on?

For the animal, id like to get a shark maybe. Boris' robot could swing it like a stick. Maybe it could have a mini tornado in which it swims around.  :flame
The Deinonychus dinosaur looks pretty strong and the baboon could maybe use weapons. I think I'll go with the dire tortoise! Big piece of shell that is cowardly, aggressive and ill-tempered.... its PERFECT.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2015, 10:36:08 AM »
I am considering picking something like a platypus. Or a cockroach.

Anyone familiar with Russian animals, besides bears?

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Annforest

• Challenge Accepted!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »
Wolves. Some tigers too. But the wolves...  :blink

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »
Are they SIBERIAN tigers, by chance?

Also, what's with the wolves?

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2015, 10:02:11 AM »
According to hollywood, wolves live in the snow and eat people.

Russian is full of snow so they must be full of wolves?

Offline Annforest

• Challenge Accepted!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2015, 10:05:49 AM »
Russia is infested with wolves. There is a whole lot ov'em and they are nasty. You can look it up.
For example!
Imagine a pack of 400 wolves sieging your town. Not cool.

According to hollywood, wolves live in the snow and eat people.
In Russia, during the winter when they get in packs and there is little food, hollywood is right.

i still have no idea what to spend points on. Everything is maxxed.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:18:22 AM by Annforest »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2015, 08:24:02 AM »
SorO, I really have no fucking clue how the advancement rules for monsters go (never needed to use them). Can you lend me a hand?

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »
Sure, did you pick an Animal?

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2015, 06:52:02 PM »
Still undecided, really. I'm tempted to just pick a list and roll a die.

EDIT: I just did that. A wolverine came up. ...after it landed on a tick, twice.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:54:39 PM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2015, 08:09:24 PM »
I have no idea what a tick's stats would be so Wolverine works :p

The order of operations is change to a Mindless Construct, increase Size to Gargantuan, and advance to 15HD.

So step 1, Construct.
Quote from: Step 1
Wolverine
Size/Type: Medium Construct
Hit Dice: 3d8+? ( hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), burrow 10 ft., climb 10 ft.
Armor Class: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+4
Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d4+2)
Full Attack: 2 claws +4 melee (1d4+2) and bite -1 melee (1d6+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Rage
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, construct traits
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 15, Con --, Int --, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +10, Listen +6, Spot +6
Feats: Alertness, Toughness, Track

* Gargantuan means the Zord will have a bonus +60 HP.
* The Wolf is Medium so he progresses 3 (med/large/huge/garg) times.
This gives a total of +24 Str, -4 Dex, +7 NA.
Natural Weapons progress 3 times as well, 1d4->2d6 & 1d6->3d6.

* The Size Modifier is -4, this applies to AC & Attack Rolls.
I'm going to let you make all of these adjustments :p

Step #3, advance the HD.
A Wolverine has 3 HD so it gets another +12 and since I didn't mention anything about retroactively applying the change because I figured "new" would be easier on you guys, it's basically like taking 12 levels in Construct. So open up Cleric and look at his 12th level BAB and poor Save (+9/+4) and that's all you gained there. There are no Skill Points (it's mindless) or Feats (it's mindless) to worry about. You do get the standard +1 to an ability score per 4 HD through. So the Wolverine gets one for obtaining 4, 8, 12, and 15HD. It's total HP is 3d8+12d10+60 or 139. They deal less than you but should have more than twice your HP depending on your exact animal choices.

And that's pretty much it. Some special rules to note is while piloting the Zord can all your Feats & Skills but not weapons. It still benefits from being Mindless against attacks but you can be hit with Mind-Affecting attacks while piloting it. And heck why not, your Wolverine and induce you into Rage to Russian punch people in the face too. They can still be ripped or sliced apart but are immune to Critical Hits and Bleeding damage.

Edit - Anna wants some stuff to spend AP on, Zord upgrades sound cool.
* Telsa's Death Beam: One of your Zord's Natural Waapons can be used as an energy weapon, gaining a Range Increment of 60ft.
* Flame decals: The air pneumatic system loads faster, +1 effective size for weapon damage.
* It's shiny!: It gains DR 5/adamantine.
** My Zord can beat up your Zord: +1 Hit Dice.

Zord upgrades cost twice as much AP as normal, menaing that extra HD consumes 4 points all by it's self.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:32:30 PM by SorO_Lost »