Author Topic: Act - Reality and Illusion  (Read 50659 times)

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Act - Reality and Illusion
« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2013, 09:56:49 PM »
(click to show/hide)
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »
For a second the orb flickers.  Nanashi, when it does, your vision clears and you can see things once again as they are.

"No...  I won't...  Die..."

"But isn't that what you wanted from everyone else~?"

Two small orbs of white appear next to the orb and fly out at Nanashi and Spider.

Senses 6 + Heavy Wounds: Marksman 4: 7d6 : 5, 5, 5, 6, 1, 3, 2, total 27

Both of you may dodge with Agility:Evasion.  You may treat Evasion as if it were 4.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2013, 10:06:22 PM »
Agility 6 + 1 Heavy Wounds, Interface 4: 7d6 : 6, 3, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3, total 23
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2013, 10:07:36 PM »
critical wounds +2 10:4 10d6 : 3, 5, 5, 4, 2, 2, 3, 4, 6, 1, total 35
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2013, 10:10:11 PM »
Some of the black lines fade, but the orb is still pretty strongly black.  It also seems to be teetering a bit in its hovering.

Spider, please roll Spirit:Willpower to resist the draining of your will.  You may treat Willpower as if it were 4.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 12, 2013, 10:11:04 PM »
Spirit 7 + 1 Heavy Wounds, Willpower 4: 8d6 : 5, 6, 6, 5, 4, 1, 5, 2, total 34

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2013, 10:12:21 PM »
Spider, you take three damage as your will slowly fades away.  Nanashi, you lose 1 point of vitality from your wounds, though this can't bring you to below 1.

Nanashi, it is your turn.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »
If nanashi had anymore blood to bleed, he would, but his old hands are merely covered in open wounds and shake as he takes aim again, living on borrowed time.

I am a historian for the sake of the gods.
He fires his weapon
+2 critical wounds +1 kiai 9:3 8d6 : 5, 6, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3, 3, total 22

he spends a kiai as he closes one of his eyes to focus on targetting to the best of his ability.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 12, 2013, 10:24:30 PM »
The orb shudders as your bullet approaches.  You can almost hear it screaming in your head, "Die, why won't you die!"  Once again it tries to slow the bullet; to offset its demise.

Agility 6 + Heavy Wounds: Evasion 1: 7d6 : 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 6, 4, total 23

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 12, 2013, 10:26:49 PM »
Nanashi once again pulls the secondary trigger, firing the last rounds from his soul gem magazine.

[6+5+2=13  damage]
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 12, 2013, 10:29:38 PM »
As your bullet strikes the orb, its entire body is coated in black.  For the first time, you can see cracks start to appear and pieces start to fall off.

Spider, your enemy looks weak!  Finish him off!

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 13, 2013, 12:08:53 AM »
Weak. I'm weak.

Well, damn it, I may be weak, but this son of a bitch can--

"EAT A DICK!" I yell, as I bring my blade crashing down.

Agility 6 + 2 Critical Wounds, Interface 4: 8d6 : 4, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 6, 5, total 24

(click to show/hide)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2013, 12:10:50 AM »
Agility 6 + Heavy Wounds: Evasion 1: 7d6 : 3, 2, 1, 2, 6, 2, 4, total 20

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 13, 2013, 12:24:17 AM »
Time itself seems to slow as Spider's blade arcs towards the orb.  No, perhaps it actually does slow.  Your very movements feel sluggish; both your bodies and souls are exhausted to their utmost.  Just watching the blade's path is the most you can do.  Slowly, slowly, it connects.  It strikes the surface of the orb and keeps going; cracks radiating out like a sunburst.  The blade completes its path as the orb shatters, shards of black flying off in every direction.

Leaving in its place a pure gray orb, without white or black.  This gray orb floats in the air for an unknowable period of time, before it... unfolds like a blossoming flower.  Floating where the orb's center was is a young woman, curled into a fetal position.  She slowly stretches out, her feet reaching for the floor.  As she makes contact and stands up, her blood-red eyes open and time returns to its normal flow.

"Ah, I suppose you two are the heroes who saved me from that?  Thanks~

Hm...  You don't look like Welgaians.  And you don't smell like chroma either...  I'm impressed!  I didn't think an ordinary human would be able to defeat Zephyr.  He was created from my flesh, after all~"

She suddenly rushes forward, bringing her face up to Spider's.

"Oh!  You smell like my sister!  Did she send you?  That's nice of her~  So what are your names?"

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 13, 2013, 12:26:21 AM »
I plunge my sword into the ground and lean heavily on it, flipping up my visor. "I'm Spider."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2013, 04:37:53 PM »
Nanashi uses his gun as a crutch, leaning heavily, but managing a smile and a bow.  "Nanashi Sekka, at your service.  We were, in fact, sent here to rescue you by your sister Tooryanse.  We are also on a mission to stop a bit of rather nasty business going on here on Welgaia, though I believe that most of what has been going on has been set right by freeing you."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2013, 04:48:35 PM »
"Hmm, indeed~  If you say that, I'm sure you're right~  Right or not though, you certainly saved me~

For that you should get a reward~  My sister's terrible at rewards, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I got to give you one, right~?  I mean, her idea of a good time is that city she made.    Hah...  I suppose its not much better than this lump of rock...  Really, everything was better when the two were together...

But that's old~ history~  So, what is it that you want~?  I'll grant you anything that is within my power to grant, no matter what the results will be~"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2013, 07:30:55 PM »
Nanashi looks to spider, then back to the goddess.

"Well...  I would like my soul back."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2013, 07:35:08 PM »
"Heeeh?  That's it?  How dull.  I don't know if I want to grant that wish~  How about you, Melvin?  Got anything more exciting for me?"

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2013, 12:49:30 AM »
I consider this. "Well, I'd like my soul back, too, but that's apparently boring." Scratching my chin, I continue. "Okay, how about: One. You help us get out of here alive. Two. You help me win the heart of some fair maiden, yet to be determined."