Author Topic: I wrote a 100 page magic school sourcebook for D&D  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
I wrote a 100 page magic school sourcebook for D&D
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:32:13 PM »

I know that most of you are 3.5 folks, but for the last six months I poured my blood, sweat, and tears into an old-school style magic school hexcrawl and rules supplement. If any of you like old-school D&D rulesets and are a fan of my work, I highly suggest you check it out!

Larius Firetongue's School of Sorcery is part new rules, part sample setting, geared and optimized towards games where the players are apprentices at a magical academy. Within this tome you'll find a cantrip subsystem for dabbler-level magic, new races such as drow and tieflings for a diverse student body, books as a new form of treasure which grant special abilities to readers, and much more! Also included is a hexcrawl environment with 3 full-fledged dungeons and a central school acting as a "home base." Sample NPCs and adventure hooks are accompanied by charts and tables for classroom mishaps, extracurricular clubs, and random encounters when wandering the halls of a magic school!

As of today it's available on Drive-Thru RPG and RPGNow as a bookmarked, watermark-free PDF for $9.99. If this type of campaign interests you or you know of a gamer friend who'd be interested, feel free to check it out and spread the word!

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
Re: I wrote a 100 page magic school sourcebook for D&D
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:56:51 PM »
Congrats, Libertad!
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:59:48 PM »
I know this is late, but thank you for the kind words Solo. It's been very rewarding putting it all together and seeing the final results.

I don't have any particular order, but I do have 3 to 4 projects in store for the future including an anthology of 1st-level OSR adventures, a 5th Edition Tome of Battle-esque Martial Disciple, a dark fantasy Victorian magical girl campaign setting, and Arcana High for Pathfinder and 5th Edition.

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 03:22:04 PM »
Looks great!

Offline Craiconn

• 31" Vertical Leap ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 04:11:20 PM »
Ray, as a fan of your prior QKE releases ... and a collector of D&D (all editions) and Pathfinder spellbook compilations ... this title will eventually get bought by me.  So consider it Wishlisted.  :-) I'd review it at RPGNow, Paizo, etc., but my system mastery of spell design and mechanics is really only strong in 3.5 and PF.

Still, I hope this release has sold well for you.  And it goes without saying, that if you do a conversion offering for 3.5/PF, I'll be buying this in a heartbeat.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 05:49:37 PM »
im pretty much (not by choice) exclusively osr atm... my dm might have a stocking stuffer coming..
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.