Author Topic: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z  (Read 80118 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2018, 01:11:59 AM »
For the KNIGHTMARE, half HP grants you tiny size plus more base energy than most reals plus more hardpoints than anything else available in the srw d20 Index.

For a super robot with Tek Knight, half HP allows you the biggest spirit pool and spirit regen possible in the srw d20 Index, meaning more Zeal, more Love, more Bravery, more of your pick really.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2018, 01:30:15 AM »
From a purely theoretical standpoint, half hp vs better speed + energy + hardpoints checks out.  That's a glass cannon and actually has a tradoff more than +1 AC vs ARMS and an extra +4 to hide (also roughly 2/3 of the hp of ARMS).

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2018, 01:36:48 PM »
So what you're ultimately saying is that it pays more to be a guy who outruns range of any weapon than it pays to be able to withstand that guy's attack, gotcha.  :P
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2018, 04:55:24 PM »
So what you're ultimately saying is that it pays more to be a guy who outruns range of any weapon than it pays to be able to withstand that guy's attack, gotcha.  :P

I'm saying that both are viable builds in normal D&D.   :P

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2018, 11:23:53 PM »
That's the idea, Nanshork here's to help polish things so both strategies are about equally viable for mecha.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2018, 12:35:47 AM »

I'm saying that both are viable builds in normal D&D.   :P

In normal D&D, inordinate amounts of HP is SO not a viable strategy, man... Even Diehard+Persisted Revivify beats it.  :P
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2018, 01:31:11 PM »
Hey, just a couple of questions regarding multi-classing...

One: What exactly happens when you multiclass one of these classes with a Moon Vanguard?

Two: Sorry if this seems stupid, but what happens if you multiclass, say, an Arcane Pilot with a Super Pilot? Do you get a super that can channel spells, but has full hp and all that jazz?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2018, 08:34:45 AM »
Hey, just a couple of questions regarding multi-classing...

One: What exactly happens when you multiclass one of these classes with a Moon Vanguard?
Not much, the nano-armor and mecha are separate entities.

Funny thing is that people keep asking that question despite being classes from two different projects so I'm starting to get tempted of adding some special rule for that case, but I don't really have any idea what since that was never my intention.

Two: Sorry if this seems stupid, but what happens if you multiclass, say, an Arcane Pilot with a Super Pilot? Do you get a super that can channel spells, but has full hp and all that jazz?

Now that multiclass is intended, the HP from the super pilot side would be full and the resulting super robot would be able to channel spells.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2018, 11:37:43 AM »
That would be nice, at least, like, a feat or something.

I mean it does seem a little weird, considering that the Moon Vanguard relies a lot on this stuff.

Plus I have a character who's a gestalt Moon Vanguard/Peace Princess, and I feel it would just be easier overall this way, hence why I'm suggesting it could be a feat.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:41:32 AM by Sweetiebot »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2018, 04:42:08 PM »
That would be nice, at least, like, a feat or something.

I mean it does seem a little weird, considering that the Moon Vanguard relies a lot on this stuff.

Plus I have a character who's a gestalt Moon Vanguard/Peace Princess, and I feel it would just be easier overall this way, hence why I'm suggesting it could be a feat.

I mean it would be nice, and yes Moon Vanguard uses Super Robot Wars things. But Moon Vanguard has a suit of mecha armor that has the ability to overpower itself to be on mecha scale while SRW is actual mecha that are continuously on the mecha scale. That's sort of like saying Wizards and Sorcerers are exactly the same because they are both arcane casters. Also if you want a simple answer to gestalt are they on the same side or different ones? Cause if it's the later, there's no direct involvement and if not the Nanoarmor and Mecha are still separate entities.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2018, 05:22:34 PM »
One other thing

Would a gunship work in space if it had a tesla drive?

Same with the Floating Fortress flaw, and vice versa with starships and Spheres.

Sorry if it seems silly that I need clarification for the matter both. But I like to keep my grounds covered,

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2018, 12:27:33 PM »
Added Moon Pilot feat for the multiclass, let me know what you think.

One other thing

Would a gunship work in space if it had a tesla drive?

Same with the Floating Fortress flaw, and vice versa with starships and Spheres.

Sorry if it seems silly that I need clarification for the matter both. But I like to keep my grounds covered,

Yes, a Tesla drive would allow to go over the movement limitations. And honestly speaking your questions so far are hardly silly compared to some of the stuff I saw asked about my homebrew. :)

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2018, 02:47:50 PM »
Oh, that's neat. I've been using the thing that the Peace princess has where a passenger princess can merge her Royal robot with a Mecha, but it's nice to have something that gives a form of compatibility.

Also I suppose a possible other solution might have just been to create a feat that would allow having the nano-armour count as, say, a royal robot.

Relatedly, do you think it would be okay for a Moon Vanguard to reconfigure her Star-Lotus ship into

A) A successor ship

B) One of those ones that sacrifice transport capacity for more dakka

C) One of those flawed ones, like a Starship or a landship

Finally, is it intended that the Beam Shot Launcher bayonet can be used with Beam Barrage? Because that does raise some interesting imagery.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:23:54 AM by Sweetiebot »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2018, 11:14:50 PM »
Oh, that's neat. I've been using the thing that the Peace princess has where a passenger princess can merge her Royal robot with a Mecha, but it's nice to have something that gives a form of compatibility.

Also I suppose a possible other solution might have just been to create a feat that would allow having the nano-armour count as, say, a royal robot.

Relatedly, do you think it would be okay for a Moon Vanguard to reconfigure her Star-Lotus ship into

A) A successor ship

B) One of those ones that sacrifice transport capacity for more dakka

C) One of those flawed ones, like a Starship or a landship

Finally, is it intended that the Beam Shot Launcher bayonet can be used with Beam Barrage? Because that does raise some interesting imagery.
Your first suggestions seem fine, updated Moon Vanguard to allow those, although for the flaw you'll only gain the feat while piloting your battleship nano-armor.

Good point in the shot launcher bayonete, removed the Beam from the name since it's supposed to be a simple metal blade.

Also if you don't mind me asking, could you give us a short description of your party composition and campaign overview for research purposes?  :)

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2018, 09:58:54 AM »
Do you mean all my suggestions, or just the one with the battleship?

Because only the battleship ones were there when I checked.

Offline RickyRedhsirt

• Lurker
  • Shoot Here First
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2018, 04:49:00 AM »
When a Pilot makes an attack with the Fury spirit , is DR considered an ability that would be ignored?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2018, 04:37:43 AM »
When a Pilot makes an attack with the Fury spirit , is DR considered an ability that would be ignored?
Good point, added that actual DR and hardness aren't ignored since it's supposed to be more of a way to ignore exotic defenses. Also added clause that doesn't allow to ignore your own abilities.

Do you mean all my suggestions, or just the one with the battleship?

Because only the battleship ones were there when I checked.

Ups, had forgot to actually edit in the Moon Vanguard/Peace Princess synergy feat, done. Was there any other suggestion from you I missed?

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2018, 05:48:53 AM »
The intent was more general

Like, I would have done it like so

One level of Moon Vanguard and one level of any class that gets an altered mecha, including Arcane Pilots, Divine Pilots and Ideal Idol's

Your nanoarmour can now count as an Arcane Robot/Divine Robot/Stage Ship

But, well, I got what I need  :P

Offline CKirk

• Something something optimization.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2018, 01:43:04 PM »
I really like Ragna Reactor. It's a super cool way of modeling super modes, but why does it require transform? Vilkiss (the inspiration, going by that gif you used) isn't the only ragnamail with a super mode like that (Embryo's Hysterica does it too), and the other don't have transforms. It also restricts other build space. For example, I could totally see using it to model the Granzon's upgrade into Neo Granzon (done in battle in Dark Prison and Moon Dwellers), except Granzon doesn't transform. Similarly, the NT-D system on the Gundam Unicorn could be well modeled if not for the transform requirement (and also the fact that it's a real, but so is Vilkiss).

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2018, 02:34:13 PM »
I was wondering that myself, and I'm more intrigued given his examples.