Author Topic: Awakened Monstrous Crab  (Read 15662 times)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: Awakened Monstrous Crab
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »
Makes sense. Gotta boil a crab alive to cook and eat it, right?

Subsequently, I think that if you take both Just a Shell Wound and Delicious Crab, you should gain a bonus on uses of the latter while your Regeneration is bypassed from fire damage. :P

I know that's needlessly complex, but a good DM ought to give a circumstance bonus when that happens.  :lmao

Actually, any chance of some feats to grab extra Crab abilities (a-la Extra Invocation or the Paragon's Extra Excellence feats)?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:48:08 PM by VennDygrem »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »
Added in sinergy between Delicious Crab and Just a Shell Wound.

Feats for grabing extra abilities... I feel like it would be somewhat unfair for all the other monsters that have ability lists (monstrous spider, antropomorphic animal, etc). Paragon only got them because she's only geting excellences every two levels starting at 6th character level, and also because she can't pick flaws and thus will be more feat starved. Maybe later. Need some rest, already finished the Chaos Champion(cough critique it cough) and Dustform creature this weekend, and also been busy making a new PC for Kuromaiken's game, I think I'm done homebrewing for today. :p

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 12:52:29 AM »
No problem, I just felt like there are so many delicious options to choose from. It's difficult to choose just a handful. :D

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »
How about a general monster feat reading something like:

Prerequisite: Monster class feature that allows you to select from multiple options.
Benefit: Choose and gain an additional option that you qualify for.

Or would that be too open to abuse?

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 05:21:59 PM »
Probably only if you specify that the lists must have different grades, such as least/lesser/greater/etc., and you must have access to at least the second grade of abilities, and can only select from one grade lower than you have access to.

Again, though, it seems like Osle isn't interested in that sort of feat. *shrug*

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 08:11:15 PM »
Reading through the crab and I noticed this:

Behemoth-There's always a bigger crab, and you're usually it. You always count as at least one size category bigger than any enemy whenever it would be benefical for you, except for other monstrous crabs with Behemoth and the Xixecal, in which case you count as their size if you have the same HD, or your normal size if they have more HD than you. You need to be gargantuan sized to pick this.

I feel like possibly "things with Titanic Creature" should be added to the list. Since that template's entire thing is its hugeness. :lmao

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 11:39:48 PM »
Done.