Handbooks & Resources > Handbook Discussion

The 3.5 Cleric Handbook - Discussion Thread

(1/5) > >>

Mooncrow:
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1238

Feel free to make suggestions, criticisms, comments, w/e. 

pelzak:
Hello,

Just a thought about Divine Metamagic. If Extra turning feat is adding 4 turning attempts to both Turn Undead and Rebuke Undead them can it also add to Greater Turn Undead (granted by Sun Domain)?
If yes, maybe include it in guide? This can greatly increase number of turn attempts and therefore increase capacity of Divine Metamagic.

Sorry if this post shouldn't be here.

Best regards,
Pelzak

EDIT: Awww. It looks like Sun Domain is not granting extra turning attempts, just convert normal ones. In that case please ignore this post.

Mooncrow:

--- Quote from: pelzak on December 29, 2011, 09:51:51 AM ---
EDIT: Awww. It looks like Sun Domain is not granting extra turning attempts, just convert normal ones. In that case please ignore this post.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's the general consensus on how the Sun domain works =/

Endarire:
The strength of a Cleric is in doing a bunch of things well.  For example, archery + necromantic minions + healing/status removal/buffing = team win!

Doing too little as a Cleric is likely to make you feel bored and ineffective.  (Experience speakin' here.)

AfterCrescent:
A) Thanks Mooncrow. XD (Also, just noticed Planning domain should be bold (3rd post in the handbook, first spoiler block). I'm sure that's a carryover typo from me. >.<

B) pelzak, just take the Fire Domain, which gives you Turn Water Elemental attempts. ;)  That's the most common way I've seen to turn Extra Turning into even more turn attempts. It's definitely a coin flip area when it comes to DM rulings.

C) Endarire - I feel your pain. Everytime I have a player sit down and tell me they don't want to play the party cleric because they don't want to be the healbot, I just know they've had a terrible experience. Single-minded clerics can be fun, but you have to be trying to make that mindset work. lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version