Author Topic: Statting Light and Lelouch  (Read 5798 times)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Statting Light and Lelouch
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:55:13 AM »
I have a strange request.  For reasons which shall remain mysterious, I have need to figure out the basic builds of both Light Yagami of Death Note and Lelouch of Code Geass, or at least an idea of what kind of classes or builds they might be.  Lelouch is the easiest: The spell of choice is in the name of the show so obviously its a spellcaster.  Light is a bit more difficult since his power stems from a minor artifact.

I don't actually need full builds, but mostly an idea where to start, a skeleton.  Any idea?
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Statting Light and Lelouch
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 07:25:29 AM »
If you listen to the dialogue at the end of the series, Lelouch would be a Warlock, though. And it's more like he spams Dominate than actual Geas. :p

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:30:45 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:52:49 AM »
What Raineh said for Lulu.

Light isn't much of a character, just probably an Expert with an artifact. I think it'd be more of a major artifact though. It's got no save and a lot of rules after all :p

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 08:55:08 AM »
Alright, perhaps a different angle via a vis Light.  If not his class, what are his defining ability scores.  Sadly I have incomplete knowledge of both (never watched Death Note, only the first season of Code Geass) so I can only guess, but Light came off as Int focused.... maybe?  I have no idea about his other qualities.
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »
High INT, high CHA, WIS seems to hit a terminal decline the longer he uses the damn thing, average or slightly better physical scores in the first half (he is, for no real reason other than showing off, very good at tennis).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:15:02 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 09:15:19 AM »
I would say Light actually has Wis as a dump stat (or at least just average). He's far too self-centered, ready to sacrifice anybody and everybody around him, but not willing to pay the price for the Shinigami eyes, which in the end spelled his own doom. He's pretty smart and charismatic allright, but he keeps understimating others.

For example, he easily fell for L's TV taunting trap in the start of the series.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 09:26:51 AM »
Hmmm, good good.  Thank you, this helps me.   :smirk  Now to bring doom to the nations of the world, ghahahahahaha.
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 09:29:36 AM »
The problem being that when not crazily evil, he's not anywhere near as bad. :lmao

Lelouch, however, is pretty easy: strength penalty, con penalty, dex bonus (he actually has pretty good aim), high int, high cha (GLORIOUS HAM)... but again I can't work out wisdom.

The worst part is that contains mental fortitude, common sense, and perception. Neither of these two is all that bad at noticing things, there's a terminal deficit of common sense, and they're committed to seeing things through despite the sheer amount of crap that happens. @_@

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 09:48:23 AM »
The problem being that when not crazily evil, he's not anywhere near as bad. :lmao

Lelouch, however, is pretty easy: strength penalty, con penalty, dex bonus (he actually has pretty good aim), high int, high cha (GLORIOUS HAM)... but again I can't work out wisdom.

The worst part is that contains mental fortitude, common sense, and perception. Neither of these two is all that bad at noticing things, there's a terminal deficit of common sense, and they're committed to seeing things through despite the sheer amount of crap that happens. @_@

Bad Wis, ranks in perception anyway.  It balances out.  Mostly.

Dangit Lulu, you have a magic mind control eye.  Stop causally saying "wouldn't it be funny if we killed everyone ha ha ha just kidding".
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 09:59:47 AM »

Dangit Lulu, you have a magic mind control eye.  Stop causally saying "wouldn't it be funny if we killed everyone ha ha ha just kidding".

The universe hates him.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 10:09:58 AM »

The universe hates him.

The DM is passive aggressive and regrets allowing that low LA template with Dominate Person at will.
Mudada.

Offline Z_a_lot

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 08:14:01 PM »
Polymorph into something that has it then use assume supernatural ability and then some ilusion to look human?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 08:17:51 PM »
I think Lulu has stupid high Int, pretty good Cha, and an average Wis score if we're statting him; he doesn't seem to be caught off guard much after all and recovers damn fast. His Dex is also probably rather good, then below average Con and maybe dumped Str.

Lulu does have some very good common sense, but he is entirely willing to be the lesser of two evils if it'll let him win.
Honestly, that's more Light, imo. Lulu doesn't just kill people for the sake of killing people. Mind you, neither does Light, but Light lost his way pretty fast. Lulu holds on all the way to the end to his morals. (And I'm not saying they're GOOD morals, but in context, they're better than the WORSE morals of the people (person) he was fighting)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 08:28:09 PM »
Honestly, that's more Light, imo. Lulu doesn't just kill people for the sake of killing people. Mind you, neither does Light, but Light lost his way pretty fast. Lulu holds on all the way to the end to his morals. (And I'm not saying they're GOOD morals, but in context, they're better than the WORSE morals of the people (person) he was fighting)

Euphemia. :eh

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 08:45:14 PM »
They both have levels in this class. :p

Wasn't the classic Lelouch build "use Uncanny Forethought to cast geas/quest as a standard action"?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 08:47:34 PM »

Since when did one bad egg ruin the dozen?
A single screw up (obvious accident) doesn't make an entire plan fall to pieces. Dood recovered from that mess pretty well too (but that's besides the point)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 09:26:45 PM »

Since when did one bad egg ruin the dozen?
A single screw up (obvious accident) doesn't make an entire plan fall to pieces. Dood recovered from that mess pretty well too (but that's besides the point)

Still, the fact he said it, and it went wrong THEN... the universe hates him. :lmao

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 09:46:16 PM »
He can just order the universe to love him  :cool